Posts by davec69

Just saw a review of this little pedal appear in my YouTube feed, and thought I'd post it here for us KPA users, looking for a backup solution. Looks interesting.

Apparently, it's a inexpensive Ebay item (around 70.00). Probably from China. The reviewer in the video below says the length is about the same as a wah pedal, and about half the width, which is the main appeal for me (other than the sound).

Sonicake Twiggy Blues
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic…&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

YouTube Demo Video -

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They also have a higher gain version (Haven't checked this one out yet)

Sonicake Rockstage
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic…&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

FWIW, I have no experience with these pedals, other than what I see on YouTube, but I am thinking about ordering one.

Our band recently added Dark Necessities by Red Hot Chili Peppers to our set list. Cool tune. There is a cool stutter/glitch effect which occurs throughout. You can hear it first at the 1:13s mark into the video below.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There is also a a tutorial by someone using a Boss DD3, but I wasn't able to duplicate his settings in the KPA.

Anyone have any luck achieving this sound in their KPA, and want to share your settings?

FWIW, I also have an Eventide H9, gonna give that a shot tonight.

I spent about an hour yesterday, trying to get my KPA to connect via S/Pdif, to my Roland Quad Capture audio interface. The problem, as it turns out, was the S/Pdif cable that I used, or even more importantly, the fact that it was not actually a S/Pdif cable at all, but instead, a simple RCA audio cable. They both look the same for the most part, but they are not the same.

When I connected what I thought was a S/Pdif cable, it did work, but only at 44k, turning the sample rate up any higher, and the audio interface and KPA would not sync with each other, at all.

It seems that you can use a generic RCA audio cable to connect your KPA if, the sample rate is low, and/or the cable is very short. The minute you start increasing the sample rate and/or the cable length, the sync signal quality will start to suffer due to the cable.

I'm no expert, but I've read that impedance changes with the length of a regular audio cable, so i assume that at some point, the impedance is out of the range required for successful sync between digital audio devices, especially when you start increasing the sample rate.

The fix? Make sure to use a 75ohm RCA cable to connect your KPA and digital audio interface. These cables are designed so that a 5 foot, 10 foot, or even 25 foot rca cable length, will still have 75ohm impedance, end to end. This will allow for a solid sync connection at any sample rate. I actually used an AV cable that I received with my TV, I think. Those are the red, white and yellow cables that you probably have in a drawer somewhere, around the house. The red and white connectors are for analog audio, Left and right. The yellow connector is 75ohm, for video.

Again, regular RCA audio cables (short ones), may work fine, but why risk it?

My biggest help. Don't write songs in the studio. Too many distractions. Mind you, this used to be the general rule, when studio time cost hundreds of dollars an hour. Now days, everyone has a studio in their bedroom, and the concept has been lost.

I try to get to the basics of the song during the writing process. Makes it much easier to tell if you have a good product.

When I write in the studio, its on the rare occasion that I'll end up with a complete finished tune. Generally, I'll end up with a song fragment, which I swear I will get back to later, and that rarely ever happens.

Or, the other thing happens, and 5 minutes into the new song, something stops working as it should, (computer, instrument, Daw software, ect.) and I spend the rest of the evening chasing ghosts around the studio, with the song only a faded memory.

Nope, not any more. Now, I write songs on guitar or keyboard, away from the studio. Only when I have a complete song on paper, do I take it in the studio. This way, if the studio ghosts do appear, they only get my time, not my song.

Personally, I am very happy with the reverb in the Kemper. What problem are you having with the reverb?

Also, Have you tried any of the MAB reverbs? Lots of cool stuff there. Here's the link to one of the threads:

MAB Advanced Reverb Release 3 + 4 - Rigs

I do however, have a Eventide H9 in the Kemper loop. That pretty much covers anything that I can'f find in the KPA. I highly recommend the H9.

One additional suggestion that I would make. Pull up one of your favorite rigs on the KPA, then lock just the "Stack" section (Amp, EQ and Cabinet) section. Open up rig manager, and just start click random rigs on the exchange. I do this sometimes, when I'm bored. Often, I will find another users effects setup, that works perfectly with my rig. Save and repeat.

Merry Xmas guys. Just grabbed the AC30 and Vibe Rolex packs. I also grabbed the Free Pack, Thanks.

I also wanted to thank you guys for putting such awesome value in each profile pack. Not to sound like an advertisement, but I have purchased a lot of profiles from various companies, and while many of them make great profiles. Few of them include so many great profiles in each pack. I go through every profile pack that I buy, and mark my favorites in rig manager. With Tone Junkie packs, the majority of them get marked as favorites. That's saying something.

Anyway, Happy Holidays, and keep up the great work.

It is possible to save your input settings, for different guitars, and recall. I have a few different input settings stored, that I can load up when changing guitars. To be honest though, most times, I keep my Input settings locked, and don'r bother to switch, when i grab a different guitar.

To save, hold the input button until it's flashing, then press the store button. It then asks you if you want to save the whole rig or just the input settings. Select "Input" Give it a name (i use the guitar names) then press store again to save.

Please post your findings, if you figure this out. Love my Kemper, but this is probably the most frustrating thing that I struggle with, and I'm not sure why. Just when I think that I have my KPA sounding perfect, it goes and gets thin and weird sounding on me at the next gig.

One thing that I'm looking into though, is my Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller. I have found that it has a tendency to send out controller data on occasion, which can change the tone of my KPA. Most of my performances have a wah pedal in one of the slots, and that wah is usually set to (Bypass&stop). I think that's what its called. It's the setting that allows you to activate the wah slot, just by moving the pedal, then it deactivates, when you stop moving the pedal. On a few gigs, I've been playing, and all of the sudden, out of nowhere, the tone gets weird, like the wah engaged. If I physically move the wah pedal a couple times, the tone goes back to normal. Still investigating this one.

DId anyone notice any overall tone change, after installing this update? Maybe it's just a mental thing, but I could swear that overall, I lost some high end,after updating to 5.4.0. I checked my settings, and all seems as usual, but all the profiles seem a little dull. My first thought was that the "Monitor Cab Off" button had been deselected after the update, and It had, but even after selecting it again, the tone still seems different. Actually, since the last update, my KPA seemed a little overly bright on many profiles, so it's not necessarily a bad thing, just a little weird.