Posts by diego

Only one cable is needed. There is the possibility to set a little switch to bridge mode. The you can just use one cable and set the desired volume on the left channel only what is then representing the "switched channels". Two cables only in stereo. You can trust it works like a charm. And sounds killer.....

Hi folks,

I am currently checking out an interesting solution for the KPA as a) a power amp b) as a backup. It is the Yamaha THR100HD that in my opinion provides a very natural tube sound and comes with a stereo power amp. I using it with a cab driving an Eminence SWAMP THANG and it sounds really amazing.

The KPA sound also amazing through the effect loop return of the Yamaha. However, although the Yamaha as such is very low noise, engaging of the effect loops unfortunately provides an unpleasant hiss. Too much for my taste...

Tried anybody else here the same combination of Yamaha THR100HD and KPA? Could it be that I just got a faulty device?

Thanks and cheers
    Sacapuntas

Hi there

the DT Trio+ is a fun device, but I did not like the fact that you can't do stereo easily...

I am now using a setup where I have stereo and a great sound at the same time.. Probably most will think that this is stupid, but it works for me extremely satisfying.

I am using:

1. The Roland Blues Cube Artist as main amp for soloing in conjunction with several drive pedals and a Line6 M9 in the loop.
    2. The KPA is linked to 2 FRFR EV monitors AND to the return in poweramp of my Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 combo.
    3. With an A/B Box I am switching between 1 and 2. The TRIO is linked to 2 (KPA) as this serves for recording of the backing tracks ... all in stereo then with full use of fat chorus and delay landscapes.

This is quite complex and not necessarily a cheap setup - but it is very rewarding and a lot of fun.

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

Personally I do not care if it sounds like the orginally profiled amp or not. For me it must sound good and then I am happy ... you are absolutely right that the speakers make a big portion of the sounds .. In real life I would also not go with several cabinets. Cheers

Definitely give it a shot. It is really good - especially clean and slightly driven. However, my Roland Blues Cube is even better as they really nailed the classical Fender sounds at every volume. I have more fun than ever ... before....It is like a further instrument with dynamics, sag, feedback etc... try one .. you will be surprised .... and yes my Mesa will be now for sale...

Hi folks

I am now playing with the KPA for about 4 years and used mainly studio monitors and PA FRFR actives speakers. Recently I bought a Roland Blues Cube Artist and I was flashed by the natural and musical response and tone I can achieve with this amp. For the range of sounds it is designed for it is on par with the KPA and with real tube amps ... and I can compare in my room with the real deal. When I played more with this I decided that the KPA deserves a nice Celestion based cabinet and power amp (used the Harley Benton RP4000 or so). As I also use the Digitech TRIO+ I switch now between the both systems, Roland and KPA, with the full "amp in room feel" and the Roland for the rhythms tracks mainly. For me it is so much satisfying compared to the FRFR I used before and I do not care if the sound is 100% as it was profiled with speaker. For me the sound as such is more important and the duo of Roland and KPA with guitar speaker is highly inspiring. When I switched back to FRFR (just to compare) it sounded so wrong to me. Yes -- I am aware that the full profiles contain speaker and microphone etc.... I do not care. I want to have the most fun in my guitar room and the solution I have with direct power amp and real guitar speaker does it for me ...

Sorry I had to say this

Cheers
    sacapuntas

Another one with silly face:-)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Indeed the blues, soul, jazz and funky etc players may be happy with less profiles. I am mainly using 3-5 profiles being quite happy with it. At the end if you are satisfied with a certain sound flavor it is much more fun to play than to screen profiles ..:-)

Here a sound clip made once a while ago with a Trainwreck profile from Andy with a Fender Tele

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

If your focus is on music I would buy a real Mac as it is challenging to keep up with updates etc for the Hacintosh. A lot of trouble and frustration.. Is still think a Windows PC is as good as a Mac for recording... (and I have several Macs at home...)

Just for fun I built a year ago or so a very powerful machine with 32GB RAM, 2 SSD and the latest Intel processor. It was not sooo easy to install OSX on it (what I did on a separate HD dedicated to OSX). I made use the typical instruction sources and after a lot of back and forth the Hacintosh was running. However, sometimes it freezes and I think it is just not worth the effort. My daughter is using an iMac since years without any hazzle... Would recommend to go for the real deal. Unless you like to solve some problems from time to time w/o being a real computer expert..

Hola Sercho,

it is always difficult to give the right advise. I am using a pair of EV ZLX-12p that sound very good to my ears and are at the same time dead silent. The advantage of the FRFR is of course that you replicate also the sound of the cab that was profiled On the other hand if your are into plain rock'n'roll and you are playing mainly with a Marshall type of overdrive sound and sometimes more clean you could also consider a small power amp (https://www.thomann.de/es/harley_benton_gpa_400.htm) and a passive and light 1x12 cab (https://www.thomann.de/es/palmer_pcab112gbk.htm)? In case you need a broad variety of sounds the FRFR is of advantage and you can e.g., easily play also your acoustic guitar with it.

This bag is quite handy https://www.thomann.de/es/kemp…rch_rslt_kemper_277547_11

Hasta luego
    Sacapuntas

After 2 weeks I play sooo much acoustic guitar than never before....the profiles sounds exactly as you think a professional recorded acoustic should sound... I am totally addicted

I am using the Katana as an amp itself and I am happy with the results. The setting sometimes may looks strange and are different from a "normal" amp but I can replicated the sound of my Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 easily including feel of playing... The Mesa costs almost 10 times more :) .. I am impressed what is possible nowadays with a really cheap amp.... not even talking about all the effects.

Understand fully that you returned it if it does not meet your needs...

Hi Trio users,

I am noticing a significant "hiss" coming from the Digitech TRIO Plus. This does not appear with the headphones linked directly to the device when I use it separately from the other stomp boxes. Any ideas to get rid of this? Same experiences?

Thanks Sacapuntas