Posts by Firebird

I would like to give this old thread a litte push cause i keep running into problems with digital clipping in fx chains. It would also be a nice addition to the editor.

For example, i have a (very) clean profile, no clipping audible at all. Input LED stays green all the time, profile output is set to 0 db, profiler output is set to -10 db. To get a little volume boost here and there i added a "Pure Booster" with boost set to +3 db to the X-slot (post stack that is). When i turn on the Pure Booster i get audible clipping. For a simple signal chain like this you get along somehow but when you use many fx its not a simple task to keep levels right.

Metering would really help to solve such problems.

Regarding the gain of the profiles, you can try to lower the distortion sens setting of you profiler.

I really think this is a problem many people struggle with. It would help a lot if profiles contain some additional info about what has being used during profiling:

- clean and distortion sens settings

- which pickup has been used

Also, in browsing mode sens settings are locked by default, which means you use profiler setting and not the one that is saved with the profile. In performance mode the settings are not locked which means you are using the profile settings and not the profiler settings (dont know what is being used in preview mode id you double click a profile in rig manager). Took me a while to figure out why my profiles changed gain when copying them to performances after i tweaked them in browser mode.

I really think that the clean and distortion settings cause more confusion and problems than being helpful. It may be a powerful tool for some poeple but I hope Kemper rethinks this concept and comes up with something more user friendly in the future.

After reading this thread i bought a FRFR-108 and i'm really hapy with it. I have two Kempers, one Toaster from the ancient times when they were only available in white that i play at home. The second one is a rack which i use for rehearsals and gigs. As monitoring solution i started with a Yamaha DXR-10 and after it started to make strange noises I replaced it with a Dynacord AXM 12A. I was looking for a small, portable monitor for home playing and jam sessions and so I bought the Headrush.

When I compare the three monitors the Dynacord is still the best sounding one, but the Headrush beats the Yamaha for me. ImM not going into details, I just can confirm what others wrote, no need to repeat it.

Many thanks to Ingolf and the others, this thread really helped me to find a perfect solution for my needs.

I think you might actually need more cables onstage...

Not for everybody. I am using an active monitor which right now stands right beside the Remote so if I would change my setup to the Stage the difference is the I would be running one XLR cable to back of the stage to connect to the PA instead of instead of the Remote cable. Actually that setup would mean two cables less on stage cause right now my Rack has to be connected to the PA with an XLR cable too and also no long cable is needed to connect the KAP to the monitor. And an additional power cord is also not needed because I need one for my active monitor anyway.

A couple of days ago I read on a gear review site that they have information that it is very likely that there will be an active version.

Can't remember where I saw it but if I stumble over it again I will post the link here.

Edit: Found it

https://www.gearnews.de/ist-di…deale-profiler-begleiter/

...auf der NAMM wurde uns aber verraten, dass eventuell irgendwann eine aktive Version davon kommen wird...

... at Namm we have been told that an active version may become available...

Im not a religious mind and no fanboy, attacking on a personal level just shows you have no valid points. You complain about things that have never been promised by Kemper. There is a thread for feature request but you prefer to act like a spoiled baby in this one here cause you didn't get the toy you wanted. The floor version of the Kemper is something that a lot of people were hoping for.

Then buy a helix and stop whining please. You knew what you bought (at least you should) and Kemper gave us so many free updates in the past, you have no reason to be pissed. Compare it with a car, you buy it and afterwards you complain that the company is not putting in the stuff you want after you bought it. Really?

Not officially but as i can't see the Kemper stage to be launched without an editor, the official announcement of the Kemper stage on the 24th = release date of the editor. (may be available few days later when the first buyers will receive their units)

I wouldn't count on that too. From the Kemper company's point of view its the decision between selling the Stage without editor for a few weeks (since G-String just told us the editor is still on track with the announced summer release) on one hand or to lose potentional customers to other floor type products by waiting for the editor on the other.

I took a closer look at the controls, compared to the Head the Stage has actually a lot of changes:

- noise gate rotary control gone

- Stomps, Stack and Effects buttons gone

- Mod, Delay and Reverb rotary controls gone

- Tap button replaced by footswitch

- Undo and Redo buttons gone

- rotary control for Power/Tuner/Browser/Perform/Profiler replaced by buttons or a footswitch (tuner)

- Quick-Button gone

- new Pedals button

- On/Off, Copy and Paste buttons gone

- new Edit button

- new Morph button

- rig browsing buttons (four buttons on the right) gone

- Volume rotary control gone, instead Master Volume control moved to the spot where Volume was before (wondering if Master Volume is now the Volume of the rig)

For me personally that means they removed exactly the buttons that i never use and the overall layout is way cleaner :thumbup:

I really like the new arrangement of the buttons

- all buttons related to signal flow in a single row on the right side (including input and output buttons)

- system related buttons grouped together on the left side

- browsing buttons and rig settings buttons grouped together in the middle

That makes a lot of sense for me

Some specs from the Kemper shop

Features and specifications:

• Large, super bright display. Designed with sunshine in mind
    • Backlit buttons and labels, made for dark stages
    • Connections: USB / SPDIF / Headphone / Main mix / Monitor Mix / FX Send / 4 x Pedal
    • Dimensions: 47 cm (w) x 26 cm (d) x 8,5 cm (h) / 18.5" (w) x 10.24" (w) x 3.35" (h)
    • Weight 4,6 kg / 10.14 lbs

So thinking out loud here, Kemper took a certain designed speaker and then created a "FR FR" software algorithm inside the KPA to make that new speaker sound like different cabinets. Im I correct? I'm not trying to bash this, but isn't that what we have now using different profiles into an FR FR powered cab? Please set me straight here, and thanks. :)

I think the difference is that FRFR systems do not have a completely linear frequency response. This is corrected by some algorithm inside the Profiler for the new Kemper cab. CK said it makes it "ultra linear".

I wonder if its possible to create "FRFR-flatten-imprints" with the profiler for other FRFR solutions (like the one that is used to flatten the frequency response of the Kemper cab). Similar process to profiling an amp, put a mic in front of you FRFR and send a test signal through it. But I guess they wouldnt release that cause they want to sell the new Kemper cab (which is fine for me as Kemper developed the technology with a lot of effort).

Are effects and all the output stuff stored in the profiles at all? I mean the real algorithms, not the parameters. My guess is that only the effect parameters are stored in the profile, not the effects themself so there is no way they sound the same as when used in the profiler.