Posts by MisterC

For me hiss was a big problem with the kemper but it was maybe cause i received a malfunction hardware (i send it back and i'm in a tie to think about the Kemper)

I did only one profile cause of my direct output problem, it's a little fender frontman, in clean position.
    You can hear the hiss is really bigger with the profile than reference amp (first amp reference then profile, a- b a -b a-b etc...)

This sample is all through the kemper (direct output in amp, sm57) but with my direct output problem if there is more hiss cause of that, it must be the same in amp and the profile right ?
    On my monitors the hiss seems to be 1,5 or 2x bigger in the profile than the amp.

http://soundcloud.com/mugiwara-4/test-profiling-a-b-frontman

Yes shit happens, mine is dead too (in fact direct output is dead) and support says kemper problem are really rare and no luck for you. (something like that)

I was except for something else.

Ok

1- New stompboxes, effects, presets:
    It would be great to have more distortion/overdrive/fuzz stompboxes with like 4-5 for each style. Personnally i'm one of this rare person who pretty like the metal zone but more (and better) distortion for metal, rock etc would be nice (must have ?)
    One fuzz, one metal disto etc it's really not enough
    new effects like octaver, pitch shifter, synthetiser effects etc
    Also more delay and reverb type and more presets for all of that old and new effects.

2- Less hiss and possibility to have some liquid sound
    For my ears, there to many hiss noise even at home (tried in a frfr system with musicians it was awful but need to do more tests to be sure that is the kemper) it would be great to have less of that to make more clean music production.
    The possibility to have more liquid tone would be great too, when you play hard, the kemper like that but when you play soft to make liquid lead like sweeping, economy picking etc your gain just disapear a lot and it become difficult to play those parts without attack your guitar really hard (those part need to be play gentle) I found the sound of th Kemper really too straight for some kind of playing (for other, it's perfect.

3- Mac/Pc editor
    A must have, like a lot of users i've got arm pain now, so an editor clear with the possibility to classify rigs etc like we want and more.

Hiss: my KPA is dead silent on clean sounds, with higher gain ones (specially with stomps) you need to use some noise gate to eliminate it.

It's also the case for me at home but in a system audio with other musicians it's really different. (i used the left output btw)
    Did you use it in rehearsal or live conditions with a frfr system or something ? no differences than at home ?

Stomps: Go to the input menu and set the clean sense to a point where it doesn't clip the input, then use the distortion sense to balance the levels between clean and distorted sound.

I didn't noticed input clipping but i didn't try to adjust the distortion sense, i will try that next time but distortion sens change the clean sound so if there is any other way...

Aliasing: ??? never experienced that with the Kemper, check the setting of the noise gate on that Rig, if it is to high you could experience some artifacts when the notes fades down

Can't say if noise gate is link to this aliasing but i'm pretty sure it's also appear with no nois gate, it's really less annoying than the HISS NOISE but when it comes, something weird happen that disturb you.

Hi everyone, last monday i take my kemper with me to test it in rehearsal condition.

I had not a lot of time to test a lot of things but i wanted to tell you some "issues" i had and maybe have some comment about that if someone ever noticed those kind of things.

First: The Hiss

I was plug in a system audio (low-medium quality) and i was surprized by the Hiss noise ! level of hiss wass so high, i didn't understand why but that was not good at all.
    For comparison, i played this system with Pod 2.0 and a guitarist who i played with used an Axe-fx ultra i it. I never noticed Hiss problem in those case.
    For me smothing was wrong cause in can't imagine have hiss noises like that in live conditions (especially from a numerical product)

Second: The Stompboxes

I used : Digitech whammy, Ibanez OD-9 overdrive and Maestro Fuzz (miam) in front of the kemper.
    So i put a clean sound but it was almost impossible to use clean and stomp distortion sound in the same tracks.
    The clean sound was too little compare to the distortion sound even the level/volume of the stompboxes were to Zero ?(

Third : Digital aliasing sometimes

I also noticed sometimes notes who have some digital aliasing (single or more) maybe more with arpeggios playing (not sure)

I hope to have some return from you users that test kemper like that.

Finally i loved a lot some tone i'd never had with digital products before and i really hope the hiss problem can be solved by an update or something.

I like the sound, i don't know well allan holdsworth so i can't tell about that !

I can just say that you have crakles problem (0.13) like me and other user... ;(

Are you using the last firmware ??