Posts by imall41

You are one prolific Dude :thumbup:
    Nice one!
    All your clips have got to be contributing to sales, I think you could apply for a comission ;)
    You got my vote.
    Thanks for all the time you put into this.

I agree, keep the costs down, and make it proprietary to the KPA.
    I also agree, no looper.
    I use a separate looper to capture other signal paths, along with the KPA.
    Plus, leave free as much memory as possible, inside the KPA, for more important functions, s/a harmonizer, pitch shifter, ring mod, etc.....

If they pack everything into this controller, we will wind up with another MFC-101 at $749.

Hi Slash07,

Welcome(-:

First off, there are many here who can answer your questions with much more authority than I can, and I am sure they will chime in here, but for now, maybe I can get you started.

1) I never heard, or read anything that implied the upcoming power amp would be included.
    I assumed, just like the upcoming foot controller, it will be a separate purchase.

2) Who knows, when the Ultra came out, no one knew there was going to be an AxeII.
    CK has stated there is plenty of DSP room in the KPA, but we all know it is not infinite.
    As far as form factor, there is a rack version of the KPA in the works, we are told.
    So, yes, waiting would be best if a rack version fits your needs better than the current form factor of the KPA.

3) Yes, there are a lot of software additions, and improvements expected from what I have read here.
    (again, there are others here who know much more than I.)
    I think your questions about the clean amps, and separating the cabinets, comes from a lot of us not fully understanding, yet, what is going on under the hood of the KPA, but these questions are being answered.
    For instance, I have read on here, that yes, removing the cabinet will not yield a good sounding result, just as it doesn't on a real amp, unless you introduce a speaker simulator of some kind. Much of the pleasing tone of your amp comes from the cabinet. remove the cab, and you are missing something.
    The clean amps lacking individual character can be overcome by not choosing "Clean" when profiling the amp. This way the KPA will pick up the more individual characteristics of the amp.(again, I may be incorrect, but this is how I understand it)

4) I do not own an Axe, but it seems to me that these two units shine in separate areas.
    For live use, at this point, I think the Axe would be the winner, hands down.
    The added effects arsenal alone, would be enough for me to choose the Axe, if I were on tour.
    Not to mention the stability of a unit whose firmware is on version 6.0. We are only on 1.08.
    Plus, for whatever difference there might be in realism of sound, I don't think it matters in a live mix.(so the Axe wins live).
    Now, this all changes in the studio. Here is where the KPA shines. You already have all the effects you could want in the studio already, but what you don't have, is all the amps that live in the KPA. So, even the slightest improvement in the amp tones from one unit to the other, in the studio is where you would want the winner in this category.

5) And yes, I can hear a difference too. Sometimes the KPA sounds better, and sometimes not. But it is still a Profile, it is digital.
    Don't forget, profiling, and modeling, are recreating a mic'd amp, not you sitting in front of the amp.

Hopefully many others will chime in here to help answer your questions.
    I gave it my best shot, and I hope it helps you a little.

All I do know, is, we are all winners here because of the efforts of both Cliff, and CK!!!

Best Regards,
    imall41(-:

I am interested in everyone's reply to this question, also.
    I almost bought a Velocity 300 to go with the Kemper monitor out, into a cab(or speaker).
    Instead, to save some money towards the Kemper power amp (fingers crossed),
    I picked up a used BK Butler Mosvalve MV-962, off ebay, for less than half of the Velocity, just to get by until the Kemper power amp is released.
    A lot of people are talking about the new Matrix line, as a good choice, but I would rather hold out for a nice compact solution, which would be, the Kemper amp fitting right in the back of the KPA. :)

I have read good reviews of the Velocity, but am definitely interested to see if anyone here has used one.

Couldn't agree more :thumbup:

I think I've saved as much as I spent on the KPA, since I bought it.
    No need, or desire, for any more gear.
    Finally, a piece of gear that just makes me want to play!

Only exception is, Bring on the foot controller, and power amp!!! :D

I read your review on another forum, and it was the one that pushed me over the edge to get my KPA.
    Good honest review, that points out some of the unique strengths of the Kemper, as opposed to modelers.
    The main one being, you can treat is just as you would any amp head, meaning, I can go through a few pedals, into the KPA, and from there, into anything I want, from headphones, to a poweramp and cab, to DAW, to FOH, to FRFR.
    And all I have to carry is my ax, and my little Kemper lunch box(-:
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the (guitar) world at large, has no idea yet, what a game changer this box is!
    Thank you again CK,
    and thanks Todd, for taking the time to share your thoughts on the KPA.

I'm a KPA owner :thumbup: from northern Vermont, USA... I'm hoping to find other owners from my area.
    Anyone out there?

Welcome :)

I'm in NJ, but born in upstate NY.
    Had one of the best summers of my life rehearsing with a band in a rented farm house in Putney VT, back in 1971.
    I am a true Yankee, and I don't mean baseball ;)

I'm a FRFR player. I use a 500w stereo keyboard combo amp (Motion Sound KP500sn) as my stage monitor that is reasonably FRFR and I feed the main mix directly....nothing mic'd.

bd

Hi bd,
    Another VGuitar member here.
    Before I decided to get a KPA I was a dedicated pedal, tube amp devotee, with the exception of the GR-55 for synth, and alt. tunings.

I had been using a Motion Sound SRV-112, but now, I don't need the tube amps.
    So if I want to use the SRV with the KPA I have to change over to a FRFR power amp, or just use the KPA as a preamp, as you described, and use the return on my tube amp for the power amp.
    But, as you explained above, I will not get the best results from my KPA using this method.

Plus I would still have to lug around my 54lb tube combo, which defeats one of the main incentives for getting the KPA.
    I am planning to use the master output to powered speakers (or FOH), but I want to use the monitor out to
    go to the SRV , So I just closed the deal on an old Butler Mosvalve MV-962, for a really good price.

Now I can keep my beloved Motion Sound Leslie, and all the tubey goodness of the KPA
    with the (almost) FRFR Mosvalve, at about 1/3 the weight, and 1/6 the size, of
    the combo amp. I love the Motion Sound SRV, and there is no way I'm givin' it up!

Thanks,
    Really liked the tune.
    Assuming you are the lead singer?
    Your voice reminded me , a lot , of Elvis Costello (and thats a good thing).
    Even though you do originals, you could kill with a cover of "Red Shoes".

Thanks for the good vibes Guys(and Gals).

After I finish the manual, and get the KPA hooked up.
    My first two profiles will be these beauties.

First, a little John Lee Hooker from this. (12w of Octal Sweetness) 1955 National "Valco".

[Blocked Image: http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af342/zigjen/BP/nationalfront.jpg]

Second, a little SRV/Dick Dale, from the Big Dog, 1969 Drip Edge, Dual Showman 85w, thru a Marshal 1965b 4x10.

[Blocked Image: http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af342/zigjen/BP/dualfront.jpg]

I don't move as fast as I used to, so don't expect these profiles tomorrow.
    Unfortunately, I also have a civilian job, in order to pay off the KPA.
    Oh, and a Wife!(but she did let me buy the KPA)

Thanks again for the Welcomes,
    wyatt(-:

Hello, to all, from the Jersey Shore(-:

I am humbled, to be in the presence of so many innovative people here.

To be part of this KPA community as it develops, and matures, is exciting, to say the least.

I am 60yrs young, and have been a serious gearhound, since I was 12.
    Of course, at that time, the only thing available to me was a Maestro Fuzz Tone.
    Almost 50yrs later, and enter, The KPA(-:
    All I can say, is I have not been this excited about a single piece of gear since that day I walked out of Manny's, on 48th st, with my Fuzz Tone.
    Thank You Mr. Kemper!
    Most people do not even realize, yet, how special, and innovative, this magic little, retro looking, box is.
    I DO !!!!
    I have been following the KPA since the first whispers of it appeared on the internet.
    I knew, right away that this approach had the potential to be the missing link, for recording, and performing.
    And with the likes of CK at the wheel, this will be a win win adventure into the future of guitar wizardry.

It will be a pleasure to, slowly, get to know you all.
    See you in the trenches,
    Best Regards,
    wyatt(-: