Posts by Brattcave

By the way, forgive the diversion but is there a link on this site to link back to the main Kemper page and rig exchange.
    I've always had to type out the URL in the browser window. I'm sure there's a link and I'm simply being a chump!
    Cheers,

Brett

lol Excellent :thumbup:
    Funny this, I had the same problem with my Adam A7X monitors and a lot of the people I asked were quite dismissive about my concerns. Want to know who did take it seriously...
    The folk at Adam. They make these fuse ratings specific for a reason. I happened to get through to some engineers there - they found it really amusing/alarming the attitude of some retail outlets. I'll take their word that it IS something you sort of really want to get right 8)

The Kemper support team were really good as well - they actually sent me out a new cable. But... and I think I'm cursed here, opened it up to see it was an American plug. :pinch: I let them know and they are a class lot so I'm sure it'll get sorted.

It would be great if someone form the Kemper team could chip in here and reveal which fuse we'd need in the UK, I'm still using an adaptor as I got shipped a German power cable from Thomaan. Failing that... Could one gallant English man pop their plug and let us know what fuse lies within... That'd be champion!

Just cleared my cache and tried again and it's still there on both platforms (Win vista - chrome + Ipad Safari iOS 6.1)
    This example is taken again from the commercial section - the thread is on Armin's plexi model and the post is the the 6th & 7th one down.
    Handwired 1959 Plexi from Soundside.de: best Marshall-profile I heard and used so far !!!

Here's a screen shot if it helps anyone:

[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57623920/Quotes.jpg]

Seems to be restricted to only a few sections of the forum now. In fact it might just be in the commercial section...
    I'm sure it'll get worked out soon. Not a biggie I guess.

Digital Village... yep ran into the same problem recently with some Adam A7x monitors... shipped me the wrong power cable. Apparently they have been bought out by a the German company "Music Store" and there's been some rather savage store closures. Sounds very messy...

Re the mono output - you could just use the monitor out. But if this is for PC recording why not use Spdif, if you have the connections? Keeps the path all digital and should in theory be the best sound quality. At present there is no direct way to connect the KPA to a computer via USB, but there's apparently a librarian in the works - That issue comes up a few times around here ;)
    If you take a tour of the output options there are a host of different ways to configure the outputs - just post back if you haven't sorted it. Lots of knowledge in this community and the folk here are happy to impart what they've learned

Welcome aboard! :thumbup:

Thanks for this Martin - it's much appreciated!
    I received the PC a couple of weeks ago and I've been too busy teaching to give it a more thorough once over.
    Glad to hear the glue isn't a major problem, I was worried it might have a low melting temperature and leak over other components...
    I always move components around over time - wish they hadn't done this but it should be OK.

Yep - the mainboard certainly isn't the one on the invoice and it is a cheaper model. The additional PCI slot and added number of USB ports on the LE version would be a definite plus.
    I had planned to put a eSata card in there for my external Hard drive (WD MyBook Studio ed. 2) as it's currently on the same firewire card as my soundcard (MAudio FW1814... next up to be replaced). Thought it might be best just to have one firewire device if possible.

Already started chasing these issues up with Inta Audio but it's always a weekend when you have the time to notice these things...

Cheers :thumbup:

Hi Steve,

I had a similar problem when I purchased from Thomann from the UK. They didn't send me a UK power power cable and when I queried it they said they couldn't send me one!
    I got advised to just 'get a 'kettle lead'...
    Long story short - I emailed the Kemper support team and they are sorting me out one. I'm sure they could tell you the fuse rating. I've had a few problems with being sent wrong plugs and shops thinking/stating that fuses 'don't really matter' ... #housefire :)

If no one else chimes in the email is: [email protected]

Men of knowledge..

There's a lot of 'puter experience of these boards and so I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me if this is normal...

I've received a new Music PC from Inta Audio (UK) and there appears to be blobs of glue on the motherboard around just about all the installed internal components
    e.g memory, PCI cards, and internal USB3 port to name a few. Basically wherever a component has been plugged in.

The Motherboard an Asus p8z77-v lx2 by the way (Different from the asus p8z77-v le on the invoice...)
    Any idea if this is normal?! Do they do this to keep things together during shipping or to stop people changing parts? Never seen it before... slightly concerned! :S

Cheers
    Brett

What a hassling experience...
    I got my KPA there as well and it has been fine so far.
    The only thing that I find that Thomann are prone to doing is not sending you the correct UK plug for things.
    I've been using a European adapter for my unit for (oh dear) a year now...
    Nothing has burned down yet but the support team here are sorting me a proper UK plug. (Top bloke that Burkhard fellow)

Had a rubbish experience with Digital Village recently when they shipped me the wrong power cable for some Adams a7x
    Speakers... Ended up with 4 different cables and was even told that it didn't really matter what fuse went in them...
    Had to contact Adam direct to find out... They were equal part amused and horrified to hear about this liberal attitude to wiring up plugs... Yeah bung anything in. #rampanthousefire

Hope you get things sorted pronto...