Posts by USMC7312

Moved to more appropriate thread.

Guitar --> KPA Guitar Input

Master OUT XLR --> 2 Tannoy Monitors
    Master OUT 1/4 Left --> TS Cable into XXX on Line 6 UX2

Goals:
    1. When playing guitar be able to hear Kemper signal while at the same time have this signal passed to Cubase via the 1/4 Main OUT Left into a Line 6 UX2 for recording?
    2. Sometimes, I don't want to record, so if the UX2 is not connected to my computer, I don't want it to impact any signal going to the monitors via the Main Out XLR jacks.

Questions:
    1. Coming out of the KPA 1/4 Main out Left jack, what is the best connection I can plug the TS cable in?
    Instrument Normal or Line Inputs L1 or Stereo Monitor IN
    2. Is there a specific setting on the KPA to get it to transmit signal on both the XLR and the 1/4 Jack for Main Output?

Please excuse my ignorance of some of the cabling concepts. Pretty new at this stuff and just need some help.

Thanks

Moved to more appropriate Troubleshooting Thread

Guitar --> KPA Guitar Input

Master OUT XLR --> 2 Tannoy Monitors
    Master OUT 1/4 Left --> TS Cable into XXX on Line 6 UX2

Goals:
    1. When playing guitar be able to hear Kemper signal while at the same time have this signal passed to Cubase via the 1/4 Main OUT Left into a Line 6 UX2 for recording?
    2. Sometimes, I don't want to record, so if the UX2 is not connected to my computer, I don't want it to impact any signal going to the monitors via the Main Out XLR jacks.

Questions:
    1. Coming out of the KPA 1/4 Main out Left jack, what is the best connection I can plug the TS cable in?
    Instrument Normal or Line Inputs L1 or Stereo Monitor IN
    2. Is there a specific setting on the KPA to get it to transmit signal on both the XLR and the 1/4 Jack for Main Output?

Please excuse my ignorance of some of the cabling concepts. Pretty new at this stuff and just need some help.

Thanks

Crap, Need to restate this.

1. Is it possible to connect the XLR Main Outputs and 1/4 Jacks up at the same time with the XLR going to monitors and the 1/4 going to my UX2 at the same time?
    2. If I were to buy a new interface, MBox with SP/DIF connectors, could I output signal at the same time via the Main Output XLR and the SP/DIF out to MBox?

Thanks

Been playing to I have blisters. Just wanted to say, thanks, for the amazing profiles. Indeed, Thx to the entire community. As a novice player, who caught the bug for music at 38, I would most certainly never had the opportunity to play on historic, famous and notorious equipment that the Kemper Amp combined with the community have allowed. It has certainly increased my appreciation for music ten fold.

So far my favorite profiles are the Vox 66 and the Trainwreck, although I still have a lot of profiles still left to explore in pack 2.

I currently have a Line 6 UX2 but it doesn't have a SPDIF input. It only has a SPDIF output. I was trying to work the following workflow but it fails to receive the sound via the SPDIF In on the Kemper.

Guitar --> KPA front in --> KPA monitor Out --> UX2 Instrument In --> Cubase 6.5 --> UX2 SPDIF Out --> KPA SPDIF In

INPUT.SPDIF In = Enabled
    Clock UX2 is Master b/c that all it supports.

I have been unsuccessful in getting this to work. So unless someone can tell me a fix I am looking to purchase a new device.

I want to spend <$500 and want to use SPDIF. What is the best device I can purchase. I was looking at the following.

MOTU Audio Express

Thoughts

My intention is not to insult those who feel all profiles should be free, but rather ask you to consider the time, money and energy that some of the fine folk on this forum have contributed in making the profiles especially when they went the extra mile with obtaining studio time, renting the amps, etc...

If you were insulted by my comments, my apology. Although, I might suggest that what I said was really not insulting, but rather guilt by those who felt wounded because they know it is only right to help cover the cost. Its not like he owned the amps and did this work in his spare bedroom.

That's my say.

I can't even believe this discussion.

Why do some people feel that when other people go out and work hard spending their own time, money and energy that they are somehow entitled to the fruits of their labor? It takes some nerve to expect And44 or anyone else to pay with his time, money and energy so you can play using their work without some contribution. And44 pricing is more than fair especially his already giving away 180 profiles.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it takes some balls to be publicly mad about And44 not giving his profiles and publicly chastize him. Not cool at all.

I was just wondering if you guys who qre pissing and moaning about this, can I borrow your car and return it with no gas for free?

Watching this thread has been like watching the Lynx vs Microsoft argument in the computing world. The simple fact is the world is big enough for both just as the world is big enough for free and paid profiles.

For me, I support And44 for the followimg reasons. It cost him money to create his profiles and given the price he is selling them for, he will clearly not become rich. The price is very reasonable. Second, I trust And44 based upon previous work that he has choosen quality amps with good tone. Lastly he has profiled so many amps, he has got the art down to a science or close to being a science as possible.

And44's profiles are not a competition to the profile exchange. It is a supplement though that benefits the community as it provides an alternative should the community not provide an option that And44's site may posess. Lastly, I would offer this consideration. Unlike the attitude of the Axe creator in his forums, And44 is a contributing member in both profiles for free and sharing his experience with the community.

There is no threat in the work And44 has done and there is room for both paid and free profiles. Lets move on boys and girls. We are here to enjoy the music created by our cool Kemper Amps. So lets get back to the task of enjoying our tunes.