Posts by steeldragon72

I jumped back into guitar in 2012 with the Eleven Rack. Few months later, I hit the mother load by purchasing the Kemper. I had a Marshall JCM-2000, but I sold it as I can't really crank it without my wife wanting to stab me in the neck.The only amp I have now is a Roland JC-120. Being a solid state, it sounds good at bedroom levels. I also have a Randall RM-100 that needs repairs.
    But, when funds allow, and I have my new home(complete with soundproofing), I'm going to purchase a Marshall JCM 800 and a Mesa MK V

Is this one of those 'first world problems'?
    Lack of USB and librarian are somewhat of a nuisance, but it's definitely not a deal breaker. As a guitar player, I want the best tone possible and the Kemper delivers in spades. Give Kemper some time, the profiler is a unit that is still being developed. Librarian is on the way, and audio interfaces are a good investment for the recording musician regardless.
    Loading/auditioning profiles is an inconvenience? Are you serious? Takes a few seconds! Try tweaking for hours on end! I think the sheer number of profiles available is an asset to the community. It ensures you will find the tone you are looking for and some that you didn't even know that you would like.

Well, Yamaha makes a great set of FRFRs. Pairing DXRs, for example, with Line 6 tech and there will be many players with complete Yamaha rigs in the future. Could be interesting developments for lower-to-middle market.
    I'm surprised no one has purchased Avid and the Eleven Rack. I guess they could just hire their ex-employees instead.

Im a metallica fan, and have seen them live a lot of times and almost always they have awesome tone. Maybe the video was just poorly mixed? ?(

I haven't seen them live since '92 or so. I'm speaking mainly about their studio recording tone. I thought the tone from Load/Reload was good but not great. St Anger was terrible. Death Magnetic was a leap in the right direction, but nothing they've done since compares to the tone of those first five albums+ garage days. The more they tried to change, the worse they have gotten. They're still in my top 2-3 bands, but it's on the awesomeness of those first five albums. Just my two cents...

Huge endorsement for Fractal. Metallica has never shied away from technology. I had a feeling they might give the digital modelling world a spin. Those presets would be worth gold, but I still think they sounded better on Ride The Lightening album in 1984 than they do in that video. I thought the tone was king of meh.... and I'm, a fan of Metallica and the AXE II.

To Live is to Die- the life and death of Metallica's Cliff Burton

I really enjoyed reading it. I became a fan of Metallica after Cliff's death. so there was always a shroud of mystery around him to me. Unfortunately, he died as Metallica was getting huge. Therefore, there really isn't a great deal of interviews with him out there.
    For those who think Metallica would have stayed heavy if Cliff had lived, think again. He envisioned Metallica slowing down the tempo and playing more rock-type stuff back in 1986. Still can't imagine him being okay with Bob Rock as a producer though. Neither can I imagine him cutting off his hair. Can't imagine him being okay with very little audible bass on the "... And Justice For All" album either.

Guys, I just play for hobby enjoyment. I'm only in need of loud bedroom level volume and want to unlock the Kemper's potential. I want to upgrade my ancient Behringer truths. CLRs look like expensive over-kill to me for bedroom levels. I'm wishy-washy on the DXR10s.
    My question is, does a Matrix + 4x12 cabinet trump over FRFRs for amp feel at bedroom levels? I'm one of those old nostalgic guys, I could end up going back to analogue if I can't settle this to my satisfaction.
    Any input from someone who has tried both setups is most welcome!