Posts by and44

Im unable to post in the troubeshoot section for ome reason.. I need to register? (although I setup my account before I got the KPA thats why, I guess?)

Anwyay...

Kemper, Digital out > Elven rack Digital In.

Load Protools, setup my I/O options to use SPDIF.
    Arm the track.. and nothing.. get no sound at all..

Do I need to do anything on the Kemper? - or on the elven rack?

Using version 1.06

(Sorry for all the questions Im a noob today and nothing is working like I thought it would!)

Yeah it did that.

However.. its just this second worked.. NO IDEA why!.. but persistance pais off.. tried like 6 differnt USB sticks I have.. I cant belive I have 5 dud onesthey work perfectly OK.. anyway its updated now....

Well not having the best of Luck today!

And now it gets worse when I tried to update the Kemper.

It was shipped with version 1.0.4.7097
    Ive formated my USB stick and copied the Kaos.bin of 1.07 across.

The update is Prompt on the Kemper, then.. says Updated failed - Preparation has failed, check file.

so thats it.. tried the same on 1.06 and still the same..
    Any Ideas....

(all this just to get Spdif working.. grrr)

Hi folks!

Well My KPA is on its way today.. - but ive a few questions that im worried about. - my main purpose for this amp is to use it in studio, so I dont have to mic up for days and piss the neighbours off.. although I use an ElvenRack as my sound interface (and recording tool) My idea was to run the kemper along side the 11R via S/pdif cable.

So I can setup a new track in PT and record happily with the kemper....then switch to the 11R for double tracking etc etc, you get the idea.
    However, Ive read that the Kemper cant use s/pdif very well, and therfore this method will not work.

So if this is the case.. how do I record using the kemper? as its not an interface..
    Thanks
    A

Ok thanks.

So for example.. I have a Marshall Head, 2x12 Cab sm57 and a U87 mic I mic them up, profile it.. then do the same with my dirt pedals and delays etc.. and thats my sound yes?

Will I then once profiled be able to go into that profile and swap out the cab to say a 1x12 or 4x12 thats using differnt mics?

Cheers
    A

Hi all.
    Ive been keeping an eye on this product for a while.. and now I think its finlly time to buy..

However just a few questions I have regarding profiles.

If I download a profile from the site... is that the tone im stuck with.. for example.. can I then change the cab if its not to my liking? or even Mic choice?

I know its not a modeller, but want to be clear on this..

2nd.. There are about 8 differnt stop OD/Dist pedals available in the kemper. - can we add to that list if we profile some of our favorite stop effects?, same with delays etc etc...???
    Thanks
    A