Posts by Dathudo

I love looping - a lot!
    ..But I don't see this feature within the KPA.

I don't think it is possible without an upgrade, and if the board is supposed to do the trick, why not use the same amount of money to buy a separate looper (like the Boss RC-3) and keep the price down for those who doesn't need it.

I have an old Boss RC-2 for this, and it really does the trick. It is even a pretty cheap gadget.

It should be possible to download a small piece of software for PC/Mac, that could understand the .kipr files in such a way, that I could load my profile on my computer and edit the settings (like with the Line6 POD's and their PC software)..
    It must be fairly easy to make a small program, that can understand the profiles and replace/edit the tags within the file?

Besides: I too want to be able to sort my profiles on the Kemper by amp model, and it would be great if you could use the left/right buttons to change page i "Browse", so that I don't have to scroll around when looking for a certain profile..

Yes that works and that's exactly what I do here as well. The Kemper goes into my Scarlett Interface which is connected to my studio monitors and is set to direct monitoring. The Interface is connected via USB to the computer and over this channel the computer's signal (backing track in your case) goes out and into the monitors as well. This way you can play to your backing track.

Cheers,
    Markus

Ok. Thanks a lot :) .
    I was thinking, maybe you would have to buy a small mixer or something..

When you use an audio interface for playing along with computer/backingtracks - do you need an input for the computer aux, or does the computer play back through the USB/Firewire input?
    In other terms: Can I plug my Kemper into an small audio interface, taking up all input channels - then hook the audio interface up to a set of monitors and connect it to my computer via. USB, and then hear both the kemper and the computer through the monitors?

I hope you understand me correctly..

I'm probably going to take a lot of flak for this, but you might want to try Behringer B210D monitors with the KPA. A friend brought one over the other day and I was very impressed by it, considering they're about $200 each new, and put out 200 Watts. They also only weigh 19 lbs. For the money they seem to be a decent alternative, and they can be used to play out, or as a stage monitor. OK, let the beatings begin ...

Although I've always been scared off by the many "poor-quality-products" by Behringer, but I've come across a lot of people who recommends this brand when it comes to budget monitors.. I haven't tried them out though..

http://kemper-amps.com/page/re…mplifier___Downloads.html

Page 22 of the KPA Manual basics and profiling
    "Master out section (1)
    This is your MAIN STEREO out. Use these outputs to connect to a mixing desk in a rthe front of house mixer in a live situation. These outputs deliver the entire rig: ampThe outputs are symmetrical and you have a choice of XLR or quarter-inch jack. a GROUND LIFT to prevent a hum loop. "

I have the manual with me, but it doesn't answer my question..
    I still don't know if there is a difference between this MASTER OUTPUT and the MONITOR OUT, other than the fact that MONITOR OUT offers the ability to bypass cabinet-simulation..

I was also confused wether "The outputs are symmetrical and you have a choice of XLR or quarter-inch jack" means that you have to choose between one of the two output formats, meaning only one of those can be used at the time (either jack or xlr)

Okay thanks for the replies.. :)

I've found a pretty deal (i think) on the local second hand market.

Just one other question:
    If you want to plug the KPA right into the studiomonitors, what output do you use then?
    I was thinking "Master output" ?
    There is also a "Monitor Output", but I haven't got a y-splitter around here, and the master out offers left/right xlr..

Also: can you use both the master out xlr and the master out jack section at once? In that case, why would you want to use "Monitor out". I know that this output offers "no cab simulation" while the master output is unchanged, but is this the only difference?

This is not something simple to answer and everyone has his own taste and preference.
    So, based on my own, I have the Genelec 8030 as my main studio monitors and the KRK rockit 5 for back ups.
    I use my DAW and my audio interface mixers for playing along and recording.

Please provide info on your budget, that will help our mates here to be more specific with their suggestions.

Of cause, sorry about that: I could imagine spending somerwhere around 400-500 USD..
    One of my friends own a pair of KRK rokit 6 - I find those pretty reasonable. The KRK rockit 5 is a lot cheaper though, and I was wondering how big a difference the extra inch has to say soundwise? How happy are you with the krk 5?

I searched the forum for the word "monitor" before posting, and it seems to me, that a lot of the forum members in here uses 8" monitors with the Kemper?

I hope you understand me - my english is a little rusty.
    Thanks for the quick reply :)

Hi Kemper-fellows :)

I'm very happy with my Kemper, but sick of playing it though headphones!
    The sound is great, but my head gets all tired and worn out after just one hour of practice :wacko: .

I want a pair of active studiomonitors, and would like to ask you for advice?
    I'm guessing that, when it comes to monitors, size does matter ;) .
    How big should i go for? Obviously, 5" is cheaper than 8", but am I gonna eat my hat in regret, if I don't end up going the extra mile?

Also: Do you use some sort of small mixer if you want to play along with backingtracks?

/Daniel

Got my KPA yesterday and I'm very happy with it so far ^^ .

I'm a huge fan of "Gregor Hilden", or "Gregsguitars" on youtube, so when i found the profile of an old fender Vibroverb in the Rig Exchange I got really excited!

I also liked the stock profiles "69" and "Pure blues" a lot..