Posts by jayphonic

thank you guys for opening a separate thread on that!

i thought that i don't start a new thread just for one single amp.
    i just made a repost on the kemper user group on facebook according to the photo of the amp.

thanks again for commenting and downloading the profiles!
    i really appreciate that!

i got my hands on a vox tony bruno model which sounded nice during testplay.
    hopefully i find some time to get some profiling down.

cheers Jan :)

Hi Folks!

it took me some time for my new amp-pack to upload.
    But i finally can present some good stuff here.

First of all i had the chance to profile an old 1969 Vox Defiant, which is a transistor based amp.
    Nice sparkling clean tones to capture!
    I used my Sontronics Delta Ribbon Mic in to a Universal Audio LA610 Preamp.
    Unfortunatly the drive channel had a bad day, and i tried 3 times to get a good profile, but all the profiles came out muddy and fuzzy..so i decided to delete them.

Then i took out my old Alesis QuadraverbGT which is the Quadraverb but with extra preamp modelling...mmh well..modelling made in 1989..sounds like sh*"
    But maybe some can use this...i modded 2 presets in the KPA with different Cab's.

After that i tried to get some tones out of my Computer.
    I used the GTR vst-plug in made by Waves and polished it with a Studer A800 and various EQs from my UAD DSP Card.
    Signal path: KPA-Vovox Cable-RME UCX Converter-DAW-RME UCX-Vovox Cable-KPA

And last but not least:
    The Egnater Tweaker 15 Head with a Eganter Rebel closed-back Cab
    Oh man i like this amp a lot!
    I used my Sontronics Delta in to a Universal Audio LA610 Preamp with Vovox Cables all the Way through.
    I loaded up some backing tracks in my DAW and took my modded Strat and a PRS Singlecut for a ride, then i dialed in the tones on the Tweaker.
    So all the profiles are set to fit right into dense arrangements with other instruments, that's why a few presets don't have so much high freq's.

Hope you like them :D

I'm based near by Freiburg. I will! And maybe I take Schneidas with... :D

just drop me an pm before you come over, then i can send you my personal email contact for that, because i will be soon off the shop for a few days to visit focal speaker factory in france for tech workshop....and i'm not even using focal in the studio...

Can't wait for the new ones, if they're anything like these.

Ahhh...so you work in a music store. I wondered how you had access to these.

I wonder if anyone has gotten thrown out of a Guitar Center yet for sneaking their Kemper into the amp room. :D

hehe..yeah right, no i often come to the shop on my free day spending the complete afternoon to do profiles.
    the smaller amps are profiled at my studio becaus of the acoustic treatment there and the microphone selection.
    but working in a shop has it's benefits if you're a gear head :)

and most of the jmd1 profiles sounded really good, but I had to change cabs to Tills 1 for a killer sound at concert-level through PA :thumbup:

yeah i tried that too...tills cabs are great.

but i always try to capture the most authentic sound from the amp, but changing an amp to something 10+ i ussually take those cabs by till

thanks a lot for all the great comments on those profiles!!

i really dig the fender ones, especially the excelisor was really suprising, first i thought it will sound a bit muddy due to the 15" speaker, until i plugged in the guitar.
    it works great with the usual strat and telecaster stuff.... then i plugged in my prs with p90 PUs, and that blew me away, sounds clear and "jazzy" on the neck pickup, on the bridge pickup there comes the bite.

the laboga was a surprising cool, never noticed laboga that much...maybe it was the EVH 1x12" cabinet?
    Maybe it was the combination of the universal audio solo610 with the right mic for that job.

i played today with the prs amp profile and i have to say that wasn't really a good job.
    i promise i try to do a new profiling session with that amp, i know that it sounds a lot better...maybe i was a bit deaf from profiling the jmd1 :)

profiling the clapton amps were like: go out for a cigarette and letting the tubes warm up, grabbing my nash telecaster, plugged into the twinoloux, turned up the volume, played one single open chord and there came the sunshine...

again, thank you all for commenting...more profile will follow!

by the way..i love to work in switerzlands biggest music store...all i ever need is there (ok..almost..) :thumbup:

i think i wil re-profile the prs amp, i am not quite happy with it.
    have to test is with another mic, maybe something with not that much amount of bass....
    i felt playing the prs that it is way to much bass there...but that's the cabinet of prs...really impressing for the money

I'm pretty keen on that JTM-1. Would be great to have that profiled with a ribbon mic (works so good with Marshalls IMHO). Those 1 Watt anniversary amps are really great.

yeah i think for the jtm-1 it has to be a ribbon mic, i tested the amp already and it gets quite fuzzy on higher gain ranges, so therefore a ribbon is always a good choice

thanks guys!

next round will be:
    Marshall JVM all 12 profiles
    Cream JTA 45 + JTA 15
    Laboga Alligator
    JTM-1
    Cream Tweedsound

but this next round will take some days...
    will post it to the forum when it's done ;)

i really like the excelsior...nice clean and loud sound...but the EC twinolux almost hurt my ears.
    by the way, you'll find the fender machete combo in the cloud too..just search for
    also the fender greta was profiled by me

Too bright?

Maybe EC can stop by and put his bum on the amp to deaden the sound a bit.

[Blocked Image: http://www.fender.com/themes/products/clapton/images/EC_IntroPhoto.jpg][/quote

it was loud in terms of volume...i played a custom shop strat during that profile, and i plugged into the amp, turned volume up and hit a high funk chord, and that sound spanked my ears real hard.

but mr. clapton can come over and give me a black strat made out of multiple recycled strats..

Can't wait to try these, especially the Fenders.

Thanks!

i really like the excelsior...nice clean and loud sound...but the EC twinolux almost hurt my ears.
    by the way, you'll find the fender machete combo in the cloud too..just search for
    also the fender greta was profiled by me

Hi There,

i just uploaded 35 new profiles to the cloud.

Profiled Amps are:

Laboga the Beast (into EVH 1x12" Cab with Audio Technica AE3000 Mic)

Fender Pawn Shop Excelsior (1x15" with AE3000)
    Fender Eric Clapton Twinolux (2x12" with AE3000) loud and clean as hell...measured 110db without distortion..ouch!
    Fender Eric Clapton Vibro Champ (1x8" with AE3000)

PRS SE 30 amp (2x12" SE Cab with Electro Voice RE20) bass-heavy Beast!!

Marshall JMD1 (4x12" 50th anv. Cab with AE3000)
    Herefore i set the EQ all at 12o'clock and the Gain to about 65%, then i profiled every model inside the JMD1 with the same settings

Peavey 6505 (4x12" with Sntronics Delta Ribbon Mic)

Jet City 333 Pico Valve made by THD (with 4x12" Peavey Cab)
    Jet City JCA20 (1x12" with AE3000)

Randall Nuno Bettencourt Signature (4x12" with AE3000)

i don't know why the KPA i used always set the Author Name to something else... so these rigs differ to my other uploads.
    But if you search for Jan Schmidli oder Jan S in the exchange you will find them, and my other uploads.

have fun

Hi There,

i just added 2 profiles of Fender's new Pawn Shop Series Amp "Greta"

2 Watts of delicious vintage tone, picked up by a Sontronics Delta Ribbon for the clean tone and Shure SM7B for the full gain tone.
    Both Mics had gone thru a Universal Audio Solo 610 Preamp for more spice and flavor.

I forgot to profile the amp with a 1x12" Cabinet..but you can choose the ones which are inside of your KPA.

Also i added 2 new Profiles for the Bass Players, a fine TC Electronics RH750 into the UA Solo610 Preamp and two different EQ settings..

have fun

Your mic collection is interesting - tell me more.....

Thx, i spent a lot of time choosing some "different" mics.
    Everyone has a Neumann, Sennheiser, Royer and so on.

I tried to collect some other stuff and i really fell in love with the Sontronics Products.
    They did a fabulous Alternative to a SM57 which is called Sontronics Halo.
    Sounds more open, without the mid-boost, sounds to me more like the sound of the amp.

I've chosen a active Ribbon Mic cause they're acting more consistently.
    And Ribbon Mics are my "to die for" when it comes to a good guitar tone, even for low down Drop-A 7 String Stuff.
    But they have to be treated careful.

I've also tested a MD421, an Electro Voice RE320, Audix i5, Beyerdynamic M130, Blue Blueberry, Violet Design Amethyst, Neumann M149, Shure KSM, Groove Tubes Velo8, SE Electronics VR1 voodoo, Royer 121 and a lot more... (i work in a music store btw)

I will not say that my mic collections is the best or something.. for me it just works.
    One mic for every sound to go