Posts by waraba

To my ears I hear more punk and new wave in there

yeah sure the chorused parts on pal muted background sounds so 80's , I reckon it's more of a 80's classic rock, with a bite of punk energy. I rarely play this 200€ second hand jackson but it excel for just one stuff , power chords , thx to the duncans installed on it by the previous owner. It sucks on lead , that's why I shot the Prs.

Beer drinking and hellraising tone

Thx, just like the ZZtop song ? I don't know what this means exactly but I guess it leads to bar fights , like in movies ?

Here is a short track , main objective was to get a good acoustic recorded tone out of my folk & SM7b, and from the internal piezzo on a delay FX from my kemper , you can hear the delays blending after the beginning where the folk is alone.

I made a background choir with the help of pitch algos from waves plugin, using only two voice takes.

https://audius.co/chillfrogz/windy-mountain-pass

It never ceases to amaze me at how many different ways you can play a guitar and how many sounds you can get. What's really amazing is that however much/long I would try, I would never sound cool like this.

Cheers,

Mats N

Very nice comments Mats, I really appreciate.

All this was born out of frustration in the 90's , I already had all this tones in my head after 10 years of religious listening to all our masters in the 70's and 80's but no technique and no gear to sound like them.

Then came the KPA and I could play whatever tone I wanted , the start of a long love story with recording and unleashing creativity.

I'm now into learning harmony and new instruments but I'm far from being done , I'll try to learn new stuff and experiment.

About being cool , wow , thx mate , I guess it's a matter of trying whatever you dare , at the price of being ridiculous or to bore people with similar sounding stuff , and also throwing a lot of tracks to the bin. at 50 yo you don't care about being cheesy , lame or fake that's the main benefit of aging :D and of course you don't care about being 'trendy.'

Tant que ça sonne et la dynamique te convient , fonce ! Sur un profil studio ou merged, tu désactives le cab comme tu le fais , c'est tout bon , de même qu'un profil Direct DI dans ce cadre là. Les possibilités sont très nombreuses avec toutes les options du Kemper.

après je comprend pas bien pourquoi tu te branches pas direct dans le JCM , c'est un ampli génial non ?

Thx chaps !

The bass is my mighty japanese jazzbass on the SWR rock preset.

The rest is an Orange THR30 with rotovibe, psych fuzz and some great tape delay and hall verbs . Only the intro had double tracker FX , the rest is natural double. I also used an ebow and a slide .

Using a single profile with just gain adj. save a lot of time !

And Yeah I'll optimize the vocals next, but I need to upgrade my vocal talents ^^

Hi !

I'm back to recording after a long 3 month intense Dev/Sysops training ( looking for a remote int. job BTW )

I'll focus on recording in the next month

Here is a quick n dirty track, done in 2 hours from scratch, so forgive the imperfections

I'm just starting singing again , trying some growls , lots of improvement need to be made here, but you get the bare idea :

I can't seep at night , but I can hear all your whispers ...

and another platform since all my soundcloud accounts ( 3 free ones!) are full :

https://audius.co/chillfrogz/whispers-in-the-night

Let me know if you have problem streaming the track ?

R

I see you're making a lot of progress ! With that levels of gain I'm afraid the guitar nuances like pickups won't make a huge difference . I still hear a kind of gated verb on the gits , to me this leads to a lack of punch or maybe a phasing issue.

very cool vibes :)

As per guitar frustration, I highly recommend learning new instruments and singing , so much rewarding as a musician perspective than the feel of stagnation we all encounter.

Trumpet was such a cool move and I can annoy my kids and neighbors unplugged now ^^, abs and breath improved much afterwards, I was then ready to learn singing. Next step : trombone and alto flute 8)

Bonus , with your musical culture and ear, you'll progress on a new instrument way faster than any beginner as you benefit from an huge musical practice already. not to mention that you'll be tracking these new instruments in a few weeks only with much much fun.