Posts by waraba

Hi, you should already be aware of that but a very specific input sense with very low values (like -6 to -10 ) should help. The Basses can be dimed to -3 db around 80-100 Hz with an EQ stomp. ( I play mostly on monitor, yamaha HS7), but you'll still have to adjust the treble & vol on your guitar a lot.

I've been working on my own commercial profiles dedicated to hollow & archtop guitars, since I was disappointed with the existing ones on my own L5 copy. I fount most profiles sounding boomy in the bass range and other frequencies either dimed or too trebly.

I have some free ones to try , they are specifically tailored for your style of guitar. just check this thread

Alternatively, you can be part of my beta test team and give me some help in this quest (you'll then receive all my profiles for free of course ), It's hard to find L5 owners and players around here !

Activate tour Private messaging on the forum and send me your personal email if interested.

I heard the news on the Radio this morning, David Bowie died just after releasing his last album.

I remember learning one on my first song on the guitar and play it with a few mates when I was much younger. I always liked the universes he was able to create, so visionary !

I discovered lately that he had very good taste regarding the artists he hired for his albums : Stevie Ray V. & Nile Rodgers on let's dance for instance !

[Blocked Image: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/18/f0/a3/18f0a3a6eb3d83d314f65e07432fe04a.jpg]

Here is a new demo with some clips made with a selection of profiles taken from the hollow body pack. Most tracks were played on a huge hollow ,the profiles do their best to get most of the mojo you can have playing these fat guitars.

I'll have my hands back on my Ibanez artist ( semi Hollow) with some fresh new P94 hand-wound pickups made & mounted by my luthier , so expect some other clips. Tests on a 335 came also very good , FYI.

I have to postpone the launch of this pack, I'm sick ATM and I spend too much time enjoying the profiles than actually working on them. But I've put some test rigs on the rig exchange, you'll be able to preview them by yourself !

with 20 rigs, and a full body hollow , you can cover a very large territory in terms of tones !

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As usual NO MIX tricks, just the RAW tones , some double tracking but no post FX and EQ.

Hi Bommel ! I gave a short try and I think you have awesome fuzz & stoner tones in your selection , just like I'd come back from the guitar store with a few fuzz pedals. They are very inspirational , I started riffing in a very dark stoner way almost instantly ;)
    I made a special sub dir in my rig manager called 'Fuzz & stoner' , I'll come back to it when I'll be in need of rough tones.

I'd vote for a single thread for each seller too , much easier to keep things clean and pack all the infos in a single rich thread.

I'd even go further , a single category for each 'referenced' seller , with multiple threads inside , all related to this seller :

1commercial
    1.1seller
    1.1.1 pack1
    1.1.2 pack2
    1.2 seller 2
    1.2.1 pack1
    1.2.2 pack2

Hello, I just uploaded 3 rigs from my upcoming pack ; check the rig exchange for these :

ATM.JB.drive.chordal ( for rhythm obviously !)
    ATM.JB.drive.chordal.lead (variation of the previous for lead work)
    ATM.JB.clean.funk ( this one badly needs an hollow, add some +++ treble on a solid body )

JB stands for Jazzbox

These rigs were carefully crafted for hollow or semi hollow guitars, so please take this into serious consideration when trying them. Hollow have a very different frequency range and response, so they might appear thin on solid bodies (especially the cleans and crunches). I removed most of the FX so you can concentrate on the Fat tones themselves, have fun !

Hopefully the chordal ones will also suit solid bodies, single coils or Humbuckers.

The final pack will suit most tonal territories : jazz tones ( acoustic, warm finger play , modern & mellow leads ...) but also the classic crunches and cleans (from pop to high gain) .The leads will have a 'special treatment' & I will also provide some signature tones ( Malcolm Young, Georges Thorogood, Izzy Stradlin ).

have a listen to the clips from the commercial pack here :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.