Posts by waraba

Go go fenders ! Enhance the trebles and remove some of the basses, with a higher clarity & definition setting.

Alternatively, I've done funk profiles in both my single coil & humbucker pack. The humbucker one have a great James Brown vibe ,

check a funk demo here :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Merging is an algorithm, it recombines the amp & cab parts on a single 'merged profile' , with various results from what I observed.

I really dig the merging , it's great on most rigs, sometimes not ! You should thrust your ears and choose the best results.

Agree with all the above, I adjust my rigs with Cab volume at around -6 db , that's already pretty loud.

I use the inputs vu meter from my DAW and adjust by ear , it's more difficult with cleans and highly sensitive / dynamic profiles.

Ho ho ho :)

I've done a few profiles out of a box laying on my desk ... Which one ??? not the AMT !! you'll have to figure out by yourself...

The tweaks (very good cabs here !) & merging I've done sound way better than the original box, thanks to the KPA profiling enhancements. Don't expect the original box to sound like the profiles, you'll be disappointed

here is a 4 slice pudding for you, they are tasty enough !

Orange
    Fender ( this one for single coils , no cab)
    Marshall
    Matchless

For convenience , I did upload them on the Rig Exchange labeled as 'Xmas pudding'

enjoy these toys :D

& here comes the clip : Marshall / Orange / Matchless / Fender in respective order . Sorry for sloppy play & basic mix

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the fender has a typical jangle not found on lots of 'real tweed' profiles =O and the profiles are really vol. pot responsive while the original sims aren't !!!

Very interesting thoughts & approaches from you guys, here are mines.

I really suck for covers, it's much more easy to create from scracth for me. I'm a very moody guitarist, I have to get in the right mood to be productive and satisfied with my play, . If I don't feel it I prefer working on a previous mix. All kind of moods will lead to lots of differents results, this is the cool part ... I need to let the steam out sometimes (that leads to hi gain stuff , hard rock, metal riffs, punk rock...) and sometimes melancolic ( ballads, aerial stuff, ambiance stuff...) , I'll often feel much better after recording and all notion of time gets pointless at this stage ( the flow !). Sometimes, I don't even feel playing my guitars, I'll just let the ladies in the closet lol. I often remember a very old quote from a bluesman : 'when I'm not into playing my instrument, I'll stare at it and imagine what could come out of it in my head all day long, I'll then play this on the next day'.

I've developed a personal & pretty productive work-flow , that I'd like to share with you :

I have to find a minimal motivation & will before grabbing a guitar, and I will always start to record after 5 min of warming noodles , I then tune my guitar once the strings are warm enough, and dial a cool inspiring drum track. I will always start from the drums whatever I play, I cannot really start from scratch , I need a good groove from the drums. I've got this cool 'guitar tap' option on my DAW that let you setup the BPM while you're strumming at you own pace on 4 bars, it's really great since I ask the computer to adapt to my own personal pace and not the contrary. An electronic drummer at your disposal 24/24 and that will not ask for beers or meeting your sisters is a blessing ;)

Once BPM is set 'naturally' and groove is on , I's say the ideas come easily and stick really well together once I lay down 2 guitar tracks, a basic harmony. I'll then record a bassline (with an octaver FX, no need to unplug) , and some background guitar fills & other arrangements ( synths or pads). I then move to another part , verse, bridge, solo ... After a while I'll listen to this minimalistic track and either keep it or throw it, and move to another track if I'm not satisfied ( I throw about one third of my tracks). I will always record most takes on the first session (1 hour) and most tracks are naturally double tracked (this forces me to play in time and gives me good discipline) . I then do a quick pan and keep the mix for the next day. Mix is less and less necessary now, since with experience, I've put the comp or EQ mods directly in my rigs (slots A and B = bass cuts and treble enhancements), and this saves lots of time. Same story for the FXs , I mostly use the ones from the KPA and not my DAW's ones.

I have fount that using a capo (which I used to hate) is a great way to get out the compulsive guitarist habits ( playing in A or E, penta licks ...) and forces me to play out of the box. In case of total lack of inspiration, I'll dial the fantastic harmonizer from the KPA and work on 3 notes jazz chords / progressions , this is an highly creative tool. I often play with my monotron as well (plugged to the KPA), same harmonizer trick for rich pads that will fill a later song.

All this practices are my daily workout after my daily job. I record on a daily basis and play with real people from time to time, witch is really moving me ahead better than playing along a computer. On the other side playing solo is far more productive, since you always adapt well to yourself ;) and work at your own pace, and only when you're motivated enough. But this is limitative in some way, I really got to push myself playing with real people and get out of the comfort zone to move further.

That will be a great Xmas for you then ! you'll sure find total redemption after a long wait !

Yes it's that one the, the hollow-body pack , I also got a p90 pack coming next as well as a mesa boogie quad preamp , but much much later ...

One of my hollows is at a guitar clinic for new pickups surgery , I'll wait it's back in order to refine & test my new profiles with that one also ( it's an Ibanez artist semi hollow).

See you,

R

Sorry Harry, It's not ready yet, I'll put it on my store during the xmas holidays,

have you received your KPA back from repair ? I have to send mine (dead ledz) but I cannot think living without my KPA for 3 weeks, I'm badly hooked to this gear 8o

R

Hi I'm still refining my hollow pack, but I must confess these new rigs are so good I keep noodling instead of working on it ;)

Anyway, I was missing my little strat, so I noodled a bit with, an my other bucker heritage, on a percussive background.

here is a little track that came out of these noodlings, no mix at all : the rigs are clear enough for me to bypass a proper mix...

PS ; I still got a BIG discount on my humbucker pack ( with all the latests additions )

Fine one, I dig the 2nd part too. That thinline sounds great , are you satisfied with the mini buckers on it ?