Posts by waraba

Hi mates, good news, the humbucker pack is NOW available on my store !!! check my signature.

the demo pack is now updated with actual rigs from my two packs.

A special lead tone crafted by Djemass from my lead.US is now available on the Rig exchange, some audio demos will soon be available.

check the rig exchange for : ATM.HB.lead.US.Djemass

the clean.blues available in the demo pack is featured in this clip :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Enjoy !!!!

Well I think moderators can close the thread now, we don't want politics here please. Talking politics and excluding each other is EXACTLY what terrorism aim for, we just want our peace back.

Thanks mates this is heart warming, I discovered these stories last late night, I'm really shocked, especially by the events at the 'Bataclan' , a great concert Hall , and a great part of Paris with lots of bars & night life, attacked by coward people to create a state of civil war.

The subtle differences in PU will mainly be heard on cleans, crunches tones and low drive , since heavy drive will add lots of compression to the tone and even the dynamics.

You should really hear some differences , I work on pick up matched profiles and I can really tell you that most carefully crafted single coil rigs will not really be the best option for P90 or HB pickups, that's why I took the option to have separate packs. A single coil or P90 should definitively cut a mix better when it comes to early ACDC low drives for instance, compared to a humbucker equipped guitar.

Very good remarks GianFranco !

What upsets me the most is when I copy a rig from a folder to another the RM just keeps the display where it was before the copy, I'd like an option in the preferences where I would choose the behaviour (swicth the view to the copy folder).

I recon the one pixel wide column is pretty annoying too !

HI !

I'm about releasing the humbucker pack (over the week-end) , and I will upgrade the price of the single pack at this time, so grab it while it's still at a low price.

I've some more demos to come , beta tester did also record some demos with it, they seem VERY pleased at the moment. I'll provide some reviews asap.

Here is my latest clip collection. I'll probably upgrade the demo pack with the latests rigs from the collection once they are validated by my beta team.

cheers,

Renaud

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

quick search on the Rig ex , not all AC30 related but ...:

Vox VBM1 Brian May Vox VBM1 Vox VBM1 Eric Geurts 1.00 / 5.00 October 07, 2014
    Vox VBM1

(1 votes)
    login to download

*Vox VBM-1Brian May BM Boost 1 BM Boost 1 McRalfix 2.83 / 5.00 May 13, 2012
    inspired by WetQueen

(6 votes)
    login to download

Vox VBM-1 Brian May VBM-1 VBM-1 Combo Ralf Griesse 4.20 / 5.00 April 15, 2012
    Combo Mic SM58

(5 votes)
    login to download

Some Brian May H&K Tri Amp Randall Isolation Felix Weis 4.00 / 5.00 February 22, 2012
    Headlong w.Cabo Wabo

Good luck Andy, I'm looking forward the new profiles, we were lucky enough to be part of the tests, that was fun.

I think that lots of territory is already covered for most tones and classic amps. I'm also a provider now, but it's not a way to earn money, but to get myself involved in a long term project and e-store management & marketing.

I also noticed that commercial profiles got lots more interest than the free ones, you pay better attention to things that you buy vs free ones, what a strange human behavior !

Another one in French , from Mattt§67 , the full English review (with clips) is available here

"Quelques remarques générales sur ton pack:
    Il y a une grande variété de son, très exploitables. J'aime beaucoup les Clean Les sons saturés sont un peu trop dark à mon goût, mais j'ai corrigé ça en en montant les aigus et la présence. Le lead Brit est bien fat par exemple, j'aime bien le son sur l'enregistrement .J'aime bien aussi tous les effets et stomps programmés, c'est chouette pour les gens comme moi qui n'aiment pas trop tweaker. Je suis juste un peu moins fan du recti shaper en stomp D. Je ne l'avais jamais trop essayé avant. Ca rajoute une petite saturation "en arrière plan" qui ne me plaît pas trop, mais c'est les goûts et les couleurs."

I already posted these clips in the commercial sub forum, but I think it's still musical and worth hearing, regardless the commercial aspects ...

enjoy or hate it , anyway here you are :

Guitars : heritage on duncans & Les Paul with pearly gates PU.

Here is a great review from a beta tester ( thanks to Fausto / rothko61 )

clean.blues : great tone, warm and rounded. Good for vintage blues, as you said, but good for many musical genres. I liked very much to play with some FXes, especially distortion (which is not excessive), wah, trem and WRM. I preferred it with the neck pickup but It sounded great with the pickup selector in any position.

clean.jazz : warm indeed, to be played as it is, without stomps or FXes. Best with my ES-335: closing the tone pot it becomes very jazzy and hollowbody-like. Very hot when you play with your fingers. This rig is responding exceptionally to your touch.

clean.main : this is a great tone! It is crystal clean but warm and enveloping. Good for rock and pop music. A valid base also for tweaking and personalizing your sound.

clean.full : Not a surprise this is awesome! Richer and warmer than the previous one. Very dynamic and responding to volume pot or picking techniques. It sounds great also with distortion (even using the bridge pickup). Among my favorite tones.

clean.funk : I agree with your observations (a typical humbucker vintage funk tone à la James Brown. I loved the phasers.

crunch.zep : what a surprise! I love this tone. It allows some nice rhythm and strum on bridge PU, as well as interesting changes moving the gain pot (e.g.: increasing the gain and closing the tone pot on my ES-335, I obtained a beautiful fusion-jazz tone, à la John Scofield). A warm applause for the Harmonic Pitch stomp: unusual choice, great result!

crunch.dirty : A nice crunch tone. It changes a lot when you move the KPA tone pots and the gain, of course. When you wrote “some real single coil flavor & twang for your humbucker guitars” you were absolutely right.

drive.70's : very nice and dynamic rig. Perfect gain course and the right choice of stomps. A 360° crunch tone: just moving the tone knobs it sounds modern and well balanced. May be its name (70’s) is restrictive.

drive.heavy : I followed your advice and I played with the boost engaged. Good choice. It reminded me my tone of some years ago, when I played my Suhr Shiba Drive in front of my Vox AC30. Best used on bridge pick with my Ibanez.