Posts by waraba

I'm recruiting 2 beta tester with a few humbucker guitars like traditionnal PAF Les Paul or copies, Gibson SG, Yamaha SG series or similar stuff. Active PU may be tested but it's not the main target. If you got P90 or hollow-body guitars, you'll also be part of the next two dedicated packs tests.

You will need to write something like the great critical review from Fausto for each rig (see below) in English or French.

Please contact me via private messaging on the forum, you'll be rewarded with both the SC pack and the HB pack.

examples (you don't need to be that positive, but honest and impartial:)

Here I am with my impressions about your Single Coil Pack.

First of all, let me say that they sound great and I really love them (but you probably already know that…).

I tested them the last weekend playing with 5 different guitars:

- Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe HSS 2011 (with the original Fender N3 pickups);
    - Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop HSS 1996 (Seymour Duncan pickups, ’59 Custom Hybrid Trembucker at the bridge and two Vintage Hot Stack Plus at the neck and central);
    - Jackson Soloist SL-1 SSH. The pickups are from Bill Lawrence (neck and bridge) and Seymour Duncan (central position) but I don’t know which model;
    - PRS Custom 24 with original pickups (only with 5-way blade in position 4, with Neck and Bridge humbuckers splitted Singlecoil)
    - Peerless Monarch with original pickup.

For my test the KPA was connected to a pair of active Atomic Amps CLR, wedge version.

First of all, I want to underline that, as far as the guitars are concerned, your rigs sound very different changing instruments, that is good. For me this is a great quality because you can personalize your sounds and find the undertones you are looking for.

DRY CLEAN

Good enough with both the Stratocasters, not with the splitted humbuckers of the PRS (it sounded too dry and nasal). As you wrote, it takes FX very well and also some stomps in front of the KPA. It’s probably the clean tone I liked less but just because of my personal taste: too bright and dry for me.

FULL CLEAN

No doubt this is THE Clean Tone, my favorite indeed. You can play everything with it and it sounds outstanding with all guitars. If I had to keep just one clean tone in my KPA, that would be the one. No flaws or bugs. It sounded tremendous even with the Peerless Monarch. Using the central pickup of both the Stratocaster it gives you back that “twang” that reminds you a Telecaster. Great with Chorus and WRM. Very jazzy just closing a bit the tone knob of every guitar I had. It was possible to play smoothly and softly even with the Jackson Soloist!
    What else? Five stars rate. Don’t change anything!

BRIGHT CLEAN

You have already realized that I don’t like bright tones too much but is not bad, especially for strumming and with a wah. It is bright but not dry. Using the neck pickups, the sound is still warm and rounded.

DIMED CLEAN

Among my favorites. It’s a nice match between this rig and the Full Clean. It is crystal clear and jazzy. Very nice also with the chorus. Activating the distortion it remains rounded and well-balanced, not too intrusive. Outstanding for blues (with the distortion it sounds close to Hendrix tone) or modern jazz. Probably the best one to be used with splitted humbuckers.

CRUNCH1

At the very beginning I was very perplexed because playing my Stratocaster Deluxe with the original N3 pickups (which are low output pickups) it sounded absolutely clean. Not crunch at all, not even picking strongly on the strings. Changing guitar things became different and crunch came out.
    It was very bluesy and intriguing with the other Stratocaster and with my Jackson.

CRUNCH2

Again, my first Stratocaster sounded almost clean but now we know that it depends on its pickups.
    However, it’s really more driven than the Crunch 1 and good for blues solos.
    It reminds me some Fender tones.

DRIVE1

Reading your notes I thought it was more aggressive. The growl is not too much and in my opinion it is closer to crunch sounds than to driven sounds.
    Probably it is just a question of mental categorisations. To me it is better for rhythm than for lead tone.

DRIVE2

That’s the drive I wanted to find. If you like British sounds of the 80s and 90s this is for you. If you prefer the American tones, go for the lead 1 and 2 rigs. Rock solos are under your fingers with this rig.
    What you wrote (adjust the guitar volume instead of the gain to lower the drive) is absolutely true. Playing my guitars at 70-80% of volume was my favorite setting.

JIMI

Wow, wow, wow!
    I deleted my previous Hendrix tones (I had a fistful even if Hendrix is not in my repertoire) and now I play just this one. I’m not kidding you: this is the best Hendrix tone I’ve played so far with a Kemper. In my opinion it is to be used exclusively with the neck pickup.
    It’s a rig with which a guitarist can show his ability to play dynamically, not only turning the volume knob on the guitar but also picking hardly and softly the strings. This rig is responding exceptionally to your touch. Let me say that it is good for a “modern Hendrix”.

VOXY

I am not an expert of old time rock’n roll and early (Who/Led Zep stuff), so I can’t say very much about this tone. I never played a Vox amp before, neither I downloaded a Vox rig. This is why my opinion would not be reliable. I’d say that it sounds nice (also with the distortion) but it’s not “my sound”.

LEAD1

This rig is very well done but, in my opinion, it is to be tweaked in order to find your particular sound. In my case, closing the tone (a little bit on the KPA, almost completely on the guitar) it was perfect for fusion because it becomes very liquid and fat.

LEAD2

Unquestionably a nice tone: fat, warm but still well defined. It’s a modern lead tone.

Final score of your pack: 9/10 (if it can help you, I’ve never found a 10/10 pack…)

CONGRATULATIONS! GREAT WORK!
    "

salut ! rien à dire sur le jeu et le travail , c'est nickel, comme le son , c'est super : comme d'hab quoi ;)

J'ai un ptit bémol sur le mix de la vidéo, ta guitare est très en retrait et un peu noyée dans le delay ou une verb trop longue ???

Hi ! there is no easy answer to this question, it depends also on the guitars and pickups you use, just like the real amp will behave.

The best option is to test the free rigs from commercial sellers, almost all of them have some, and decide for yourself which one you prefer.

Remember that there is a lot of excellent free profiles & packs from kemper (try some CAB swaps & tweaks ) before going commercial. There a lots of thread about the best free ones.

These profiles are great!!

They can absolutely play in the league of much more prominent amps.

Thank you very much - i'm looking forward to get the upcoming packs!

thanks a lot :) I had the same feelings while fine tuning my profiles and comparing them against my favorite commercial & free ones.

I also appreciate a lot having a full collection of tones in a single convenient package, I could really write & record a whole album with the SC pack and the following Humbucker one (still in beta testing at this stage).

These preamps are so versatile. I recon the strength of the ATM is really in the cleans & crunches department on single coils. The drives on the Humbucker are tremendous and really heavy, I got a special profile for that typical 70's overdrive tone & growl that I really dig.

I try to set my volume levels in a similar range across the pack, with general volume around 12, so it can easily be adjusted. They should not clip the KPA, even if you go in the red on the attack.

The demo rigs are meant to be adjusted on their volume,and less polished in this regard but my overall collection is really loud, but does not clip.

You should definitely try to reduce the volume on the guitar also, and don't fear to adjust the gain after.

no problems with paypal so far, just PM your email address if you encounter any problem & will send you the pack once I see the payment.

Visa and other card payment is handled by paypal too. I guess it needs an account on paypal in order to proceed.

The demo rigs won't need any payment, but I had to put a price tag on this demo pack, since the platform doesn't handle free download without applying a 100 % discount :huh:

Thx mates, I agree , the full clean is really worth it on a strat/tele :

pure bliss for the guitarist that use a no pick but a hand style. They are also pretty dynamic and very sensible to guitar volume pot.

For the interested ones, I will soon supply a test rig pack, before the week-end If I manage to find enough time...

See you later :)

Bonjour !

Je me lance dans la création de profils commerciaux, Je suis en effet arrivé à un super résultat avec un AMT-SS11, et j'ai optimisé mes profils guitare par guitare avec l'aide d'un très bon CAB JTM de ma propre collection.

LA BOUTIQUE EST LA >>> https://sellfy.com/Valve.theory.profiling

quelques samples pour vous :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mon premier pack concerne donc les simples bobinages, ou les humbuckers splittés.

voilà le détail du pack : 14 profils de type studio et 9 profils directs.

dry clean : un clean plutôt sec et bien pour le mix, ni trop riche ni trop présent

full clean : un super son clair : chaud, plein et majestueux, franchement c'est une tuerie à la strat , il supporte très bien le jeu au potard de volume tellement il remplit l'espace sur 10. Si vous aimez le jeu dynamique au doigt vous allez être servis.

bright clean : spécial funk et cocottes, bien brillant

dimed clean : pour les sons blues et jazz, avec une bonne réserve de gain

crunch1 : très fender dans l'esprit, parfait pour le blues , le rock'n roll... Le son vintage de l'ATM ressort ici très bien

crunch2 : plus saturé que le précédent , convient pour les leads. Un autre son typique 70's

drive1 : un bel overdrive avec pas mal de personnalité, typiquement 70's dans l'esprit.

drive2 : un son très rock, rien à voir avec ses petits frères, c'est du lourd. Il faut réduire le vol. de la gratte pour conserver l'énorme punch plutôt que d'ajuster le gain sur le KPA.

Jimi : tout est dans le titre, le son de Jimi à utiliser sur un micro manche de strat , assez sensible au volume de la gratte : on peut obtenir des sons crunches facilement

Voxy : très typé vox et parfait pour le rock'n roll et le blues

lead1 & 2 : très saturé , dans le style mesa , avec une grande sensibilité au volume de la gratte , on peut traverser les époques en baissant le volume , ça reste excellent, punchy, articulé ...

d'autres pack viendront plus tard (humbuckers, P90 et guitare 1/2 3/4 caisses ...)

je cherche un préamp quad mesa pour le prochain pack, n'hésitez pas à me faire des offres ...

Hello, I had a fantastic review from a fellow kemperist here (Fausto / Rothko61) about the single coil pack,

here it is :

"
    Here I am with my impressions about your Single Coil Pack.

First of all, let me say that they sound great and I really love them (but you probably already know that…).

I tested them the last weekend playing with 5 different guitars:

- Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe HSS 2011 (with the original Fender N3 pickups);
    - Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop HSS 1996 (Seymour Duncan pickups, ’59 Custom Hybrid Trembucker at the bridge and two Vintage Hot Stack Plus at the neck and central);
    - Jackson Soloist SL-1 SSH. The pickups are from Bill Lawrence (neck and bridge) and Seymour Duncan (central position) but I don’t know which model;
    - PRS Custom 24 with original pickups (only with 5-way blade in position 4, with Neck and Bridge humbuckers splitted Singlecoil)
    - Peerless Monarch with original pickup.

For my test the KPA was connected to a pair of active Atomic Amps CLR, wedge version.

First of all, I want to underline that, as far as the guitars are concerned, your rigs sound very different changing instruments, that is good. For me this is a great quality because you can personalize your sounds and find the undertones you are looking for.

DRY CLEAN

Good enough with both the Stratocasters, not with the splitted humbuckers of the PRS (it sounded too dry and nasal). As you wrote, it takes FX very well and also some stomps in front of the KPA. It’s probably the clean tone I liked less but just because of my personal taste: too bright and dry for me.

FULL CLEAN

No doubt this is THE Clean Tone, my favorite indeed. You can play everything with it and it sounds outstanding with all guitars. If I had to keep just one clean tone in my KPA, that would be the one. No flaws or bugs. It sounded tremendous even with the Peerless Monarch. Using the central pickup of both the Stratocaster it gives you back that “twang” that reminds you a Telecaster. Great with Chorus and WRM. Very jazzy just closing a bit the tone knob of every guitar I had. It was possible to play smoothly and softly even with the Jackson Soloist!
    What else? Five stars rate. Don’t change anything!

BRIGHT CLEAN

You have already realized that I don’t like bright tones too much but is not bad, especially for strumming and with a wah. It is bright but not dry. Using the neck pickups, the sound is still warm and rounded.

DIMED CLEAN

Among my favorites. It’s a nice match between this rig and the Full Clean. It is crystal clear and jazzy. Very nice also with the chorus. Activating the distortion it remains rounded and well-balanced, not too intrusive. Outstanding for blues (with the distortion it sounds close to Hendrix tone) or modern jazz. Probably the best one to be used with splitted humbuckers.

CRUNCH1

At the very beginning I was very perplexed because playing my Stratocaster Deluxe with the original N3 pickups (which are low output pickups) it sounded absolutely clean. Not crunch at all, not even picking strongly on the strings. Changing guitar things became different and crunch came out.
    It was very bluesy and intriguing with the other Stratocaster and with my Jackson.

CRUNCH2

Again, my first Stratocaster sounded almost clean but now we know that it depends on its pickups.
    However, it’s really more driven than the Crunch 1 and good for blues solos.
    It reminds me some Fender tones.

DRIVE1

Reading your notes I thought it was more aggressive. The growl is not too much and in my opinion it is closer to crunch sounds than to driven sounds.
    Probably it is just a question of mental categorisations. To me it is better for rhythm than for lead tone.

DRIVE2

That’s the drive I wanted to find. If you like British sounds of the 80s and 90s this is for you. If you prefer the American tones, go for the lead 1 and 2 rigs. Rock solos are under your fingers with this rig.
    What you wrote (adjust the guitar volume instead of the gain to lower the drive) is absolutely true. Playing my guitars at 70-80% of volume was my favorite setting.

JIMI

Wow, wow, wow!
    I deleted my previous Hendrix tones (I had a fistful even if Hendrix is not in my repertoire) and now I play just this one. I’m not kidding you: this is the best Hendrix tone I’ve played so far with a Kemper. In my opinion it is to be used exclusively with the neck pickup.
    It’s a rig with which a guitarist can show his ability to play dynamically, not only turning the volume knob on the guitar but also picking hardly and softly the strings. This rig is responding exceptionally to your touch. Let me say that it is good for a “modern Hendrix”.

VOXY

I am not an expert of old time rock’n roll and early (Who/Led Zep stuff), so I can’t say very much about this tone. I never played a Vox amp before, neither I downloaded a Vox rig. This is why my opinion would not be reliable. I’d say that it sounds nice (also with the distortion) but it’s not “my sound”.

LEAD1

This rig is very well done but, in my opinion, it is to be tweaked in order to find your particular sound. In my case, closing the tone (a little bit on the KPA, almost completely on the guitar) it was perfect for fusion because it becomes very liquid and fat.

LEAD2

Unquestionably a nice tone: fat, warm but still well defined. It’s a modern lead tone.

Final score of your pack: 9/10 (if it can help you, I’ve never found a 10/10 pack…)

CONGRATULATIONS! GREAT WORK!
    "