Posts by waraba

Hi !

http://www.riffworld.com/Members/waraba/jcm800noodleboogie

Here is a short one ready for bass & leads. I did use my les paul mainly on a JCM800 rig from my KPA (the great ultimate Marshall pack ) , it's a perfect amp for dirty cleans & crunch territory. I did only use one profile, tweaked in all extents (AFUM-JCM800 C1 X3) since the gain course is usable on the whole range.

That was fun and it's quite dance-able :)

Andy, this is one of my favorite marshall ever, I love the vintage tone you get out of the JCM800, but you can also crank it up to the best hard rock tones ever. A fantastic profiling session you did ...

No hassle for us: I assume you do not intend to sell them , then share them on the rig exchange.

If you have too many then do a rick pack and share it with a download link on the free rigs section, but It's still a very good idea to upload three of your best profiles on the RIG Ex.

Hello, let's explain a bit further :

You can copy all the rigs stored on your profiler to a subfolder of the rig manager. Once it's done, you can backup the whole content of the Rig manager with the tools menu (backup). This will allow to copy your backuped rigs to the KPA if you do a system reset on your KPA or if your erase all the rigs by mistake.

This is different from a KPA BACKUP (this internal backup procedure backups the KPA Kaos firmware , all your KPA settings and all your rigs).

Why would you backup your rig manager :

- if your computer crashes , you'll just have to restore your RM backup, without the hassle of downloading and gathering all your commercial and personal rig collection again.
    - if you go to a KPA equipped studio or visit a friend, restore your backup on the studio's PC or mac and you're at home. Of course your friend must backup it's on RM before, all his rigs could be lost by restoring yours.
    - if you switch from mac to PC or reinstall your system, just restore your RM and then the backup.
    - if you have several computers in different places, you can synchronize the different RM to a similar level by restoring the same backup.

good practices :
    - store the RM backup on another computer / USB stick than your main one
    - do a RM backup on a regular basis and every time you spent lots of time arranging and sorting your Rig collection.

One can now backup the all content of the rig manager (Excluding the profiler), the feature is available in the upper menu.

Note that the backup excludes the content of the profiler itself, but you can copy the whole profiler content in a subdirectory in RM and then do a full backup.

great feature CK !

Wow, I'm sorry for you, you should start with just an SM57 and no preamp and try to get a good profile out of it. I had some great profiles from just my JTM30 and the 57 . Of course you amps should be dialed at their sweetest spots (often very loud !).

Also check the thread foolproof mic positioning over here

Excellent stuff came from the rig exchange, I agree with Don, the shadows from the past are incredible, I still play the davoli from time to times, it's an incredibly warm clean amp. I never had a chance to play the vintage fenders and older marshalls, I'm now in love with this kind of amp, as well as the AC30, incredible tones :)

I see my KPA as a time machine from 1940 era (oldest amp profiles available I think) to the modern boutique amps.

I bought a real JTM30 Marshall after trying the profiles ... and making my own profiles then :) ...

I regret not buying an evil robot amp after trying the great profiles from Andy and discovering they were produced on a very limited quantity and then discontinued ... They will probably become collector amps.

I also discovered another tone monster , the Wizard from Pete, versatile and huge tones from this beast :o

They are also lots of cool stuff from M Britt, and Michael Wagener with some exotic stuff ( metropolis, /13 ...)

Too many good stuff and each other is killer in it's own voicing , what a dream for a guitarist :)

Yes impressive prod !!! The highly produced vocal parts are great. The folk tone on the 2nd one is really beautiful (twelve strings ?) , as well a s the fantastic drum parts... The guitars are huge enough but not too much in front of the mix, I appreciate. The writing is complex too, as the song evolves and never gets boring.

Thx a lot for this profiles, I've been testing the clean and leads on the only guitar I got ATM ( Ibanez artist hollowbody) , I love the clean , superb job on this profiling session. This clean one is perfect for vintage , blues , funk & dirty tones, with a lil bit of gain.

Please upload them on the rig exchange or do a zip pack, they are really worth it.

I had a quick test after upgrading and I did follow the rules :

If you are more into crunchy, blues sounds, you might prefer higher values of Pure Cabinet, creating a more open sound and bringing the character even more towards an amp in the room. If you are into hard rock or metal, you might prefer lower values, to emphasize the "microphone character", while still dampening the "phaseyness" of the sound.

I really appreciate the feature on high gain rigs since it will round up and tighten the power chords with a cool punch.

However on my reference clean & cruch rig ( AC30 from Pete) , I miss some of the high overtones that makes this rig so magical, even with the Pure Cab set @0.0

Setting the Pure Cabinet for each rig would be awesome ! The most useful place to set up this value per rig basis would be in the CAB menu for me.

It's a great addition to our tweaking arsenal , removing the mike from the profiling equation is a fantastic idea.

Yeah , great effort from the Kemper team, I hope we can try it soon :) I understand why the team was so silent while we were on summer vacation ;)

Thx a lot for getting the direct edit mode, It's cool to be heard and bye bye to Vetta/line6 editing mode lots of us hated.

Thx also for the new FXs.

Yeah you're right Ingolf, I'm on vacation ATM and far away from my monitoring system, this was an headphone mix mostly, sounds great on helmet but a bit low in the bass & drums on an Hifi system... Never under-estimate the need for real monitors ;)

the theme is not mine but the one from Larry (room 335, simplified to the extreme, without the breaks and solo parts).

the drums are some internal funk samples from my great outdated Riffworks (same kind of samples used in drum core & discrete drums from sonoma ).

Thx for the kind comments :)

Here is a quick jamtrack arranged in the style of the great Larry Carlton. Intended as a backing track to jam on :) There are some leads on the middle & end part.

http://www.riffworld.com/Members/waraba/miss335

I hope you dig it, I'm pretty happy with the mix, except maybe the sloppy drums.

Guitarwise I used my old 80's Ibanez Artist semi hollow and some great JCM 800 rigs from Andy, tailored for the context with warm cleans and tight leads.

@tntent : I've no real solution except storing 3 or 4 rigs on the same bank with 3 or 4 different fixed gain settings. you can also adjust the relative gain with your guitar volume pot , most great profile allow this.

Regarding the pedal course, there is no real trouble adjusting the gain in real time while you play since you can react very quickly on your right hand attack, let's say you start a solo it's a matter of seconds before you nail the right amount of gain and leave the pedal here. It's also easy to 'memorize' some pedal height settings (up, middle and floor for instance), even it's not really precise you'll get some great gain differences.

Here is another trick with the wah booster : you can handle some gain swells just like a volume pedal and it's specially useful to get some long sustaining notes or great controlled feedback effects : just compensate the end of your notes by pushing the gain harder (pedal down).

hi, I've no real solution except storing 3 or 4 rigs on the same bank with 3 or 4 different fixed gain settings. you can also adjust the relative gain with your guitar volume pot , most great profile allow this.

Regarding the pedal course, there is no real trouble adjusting the gain in real time while you play since you can react very quickly on your right hand attack, let's stay you start a solo it's a matter of seconds before you nail the right amount of gain and leave the pedal here. It's also easy to 'memorize' some pedal height settings (up, middle and floor for instance), even it's not really precise you'll get some great gain differences.