Posts by waraba

Hi , it sounds more P90 than HB to me, but it's not a major issue if you plan playing it live. Notice that the track is double tracked by the and it fattens the whole rendering a lot.

As I already said, adjust the definition to get the right treble/bottom balance , then give some clarity (like 1.5) and ad a tad of direct mix ( 0.3). A boost or a dist pedal should be an effective way to narrow your tone (set the tone in the negative range on the pedal settings)

Reduce the volume a bit on the Gibson vol pot. Another option is to use a single coil guitar (telecaster) and take another approach, this time by fattening the tone.

With the KPA it's really possible to make a telecaster sing like a heavy metal guitar and make a les Paul twang like a telecaster, it's just a matter of right rig selecting and some precise tweaking.

I finally fount another good spring reverb setting from another user on the rig exchange ( big thx to him )

it's called " Reverberator Freeze "

I did reduce the %verb mix to 26% for a shoter type spring verb.

You can hear it on this clip :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They were removed for technical issues or maybe legal ones , I also remember that MW had to remove the Wizard from his own collection for legal issues. Some of the rigs from this pack also use Wizard cabs (and the tone is great !!!).

I restrain myself not to publish on R.E. a metro 67 & 69 tweak I've done (with a great spiring reverb mod) for the clips, but it's a pity :(

<p>

Are these profiles on the exchange?

</p>

nope, they were available as a free rig pack download , but they were removed , although I personally don't have any problem with them, except the lack of sleep it involves while jamming with the metros ...

Anyway I arranged a quick jam; ... in the surf/garage style with the 67metro &amp; Wizard cab, on my hollowbody

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please post your own clips I wonder how you'll end since the possibilities are endless ...

I made a few clips , with the metro69 stock and with the armery Cab

All edits were made on the fly while recording, but I started from the stock 69. You can hear me upping the gain in an ascending order :D

The end part riff is the ADA.

There is Zero mix ; it's pretty raw and there might phase issues.

I did some tests with the XTC and Reverb , they are a must ! I tested the XTC with MW's armery cab and this gave me incredible tones. I spent much too much time with the dirty Fender on my own Fender combo with cab off, man what a growly ,rapsy and rough tone, I love this one and it will be part of my tone arsenal when some authentic vintage fender tone is needed.

Thx for you effort sirius and also for your picky selection, once again !

and Yep I spend too much time on my KPA if you ever wonder :whistling:

Further testing with the metro 67&69 led me into fantastic plexi tone , like the best rigs around you'll achieve all kinds of tones from the basic rigs. The gain range is really impressive from the cleans to full marshall plexi lead we all know and love, not to mention the killer crunches and dirty rhythm "à la Hendrix"" . You still got to adjust def & clarity to suit your needs, but the P90 one is also spot on with my SC guitars.

Thx to Michael for his miking knowledge & efforts and for sharing all this great amp & cab collection.

Saw this one , really good stuff and talented people by the dozen.

Some kind of monster is awesome, especially the bassist hiring sessions.

There is also ' It might get loud' with Jimmy Page , Bono and Jack White. another great one.

You should really spend some time tweaking a special rig for this purpose, start by choosing the one that sounds the best.

but first, Be sure to EQ your output (Master button) until you're satisfied with results, it can be very different settings with the CLR or the Bogner

Bogner cab option :
    lock your CAB off on the KPA and browse the rigs once you found one that sounds natural on your bogner cab then tweak : definition , clarity and so on until you're satisfied. I had similar problems with a solid state combo but I eventually managed to find one rig that definitely sounds like a vintage tube amp. I'm ready for gigging with this single rig, maybe get 2 & 3 variations of the same rig with Rhythm/Crunch/lead rigs.

Other option is to tweak the KPA for the CLR , lots of users here reported some fantastic results , maybe some can suggest the best rigs for this option.

yeah , great addition to your collection Pete.

I remember playing on an AC30 at a wedding , great tones but you couldn't sit on the amp without quickly frying your ass.

Could you supply some gainy clips as well ?

I had a chance to download the free pack , here is the content of this collection :

MW - Add A MP1 ADA MP-1
    MW – Eggneta Armery Egnater Armageddon
    MW - Eggneta EG Five Egnater EG5
    MW - Engle Safe Age Engl Savage 120
    MW - Industry Amp Roll Industrial Amps Rock 120
    MW - Mars MP 2203 Marshall 2203
    MW - Metropol 67 Metropoulos 67
    MW - Metropol 69 Metropoulos 69
    MW - Rand L. TS Bogus MTS Bogner XTC
    MW - Rand L. TS Jade Face MTS Jaded Faith 59 RR
    MW - Rand L. TS Mumba MTS Mamba
    MW - Rand L. TS Mandy MTS Mandarin
    MW - Rand L. TS Mrs Scar MTS Mr Scary
    MW - Rand L. TS MW MTS Wagener
    MW - Splash Fast Road Splawn Quickrod
    MW - S-Tramp 2100 Stramp 2100A
    MW - Voo Doo Plexi Voodoo Amps V-Plex

Most profiles are hi gain, with a nasty bite, MW has much love for plexi amps & clones !!

Cabs are great, especially the armery one, lock this one and try the other amps , you'll find that much of the tone comes from the miking, at least with my gear.

The metro rigs are really something, they is one for SC and the other for HB and they fit very well to their respective guitars IMO.

Yes , I thought about a joke , but it ain't :

here is what you'll find in the free download :

MW - Add A MP1 ADA MP-1
    MW – Eggneta Armery Egnater Armageddon
    MW - Eggneta EG Five Egnater EG5
    MW - Engle Safe Age Engl Savage 120
    MW - Industry Amp Roll Industrial Amps Rock 120
    MW - Mars MP 2203 Marshall 2203
    MW - Metropol 67 Metropoulos 67
    MW - Metropol 69 Metropoulos 69
    MW - Rand L. TS Bogus MTS Bogner XTC
    MW - Rand L. TS Jade Face MTS Jaded Faith 59 RR
    MW - Rand L. TS Mumba MTS Mamba
    MW - Rand L. TS Mandy MTS Mandarin
    MW - Rand L. TS Mrs Scar MTS Mr Scary
    MW - Rand L. TS MW MTS Wagener
    MW - Splash Fast Road Splawn Quickrod
    MW - S-Tramp 2100 Stramp 2100A
    MW - Voo Doo Plexi Voodoo Amps V-Plex

thx to ya all, I'll try to get a DXR one of these days, there are still expensive for my usage.

I'll try to figure out the 12" FR solution on my frontman as well and keep you informed, but the results are really interesting so far with the power amp in and the stock speaker, both with cab sim OFF or ON.

I had hard times trying to EQ my mains outs in order to deal with the pick ice trebles from the fender speaker, I finally set the treble @ 9 o clock to get the great mids & treble from my monitoring system, and use my frontman on bass and low mids range , this way I get the 'kick ass' amp like feel I was missing with my HS7 yams.

I had killer results with the supros & valcos from pete and several other fenders, not that much with hi gain stuff except a 18w brit marshall clone that ended as my main rig ATM, suitable for SC and HB, all gain range available from pristine cleans to full leads on this one and only rig.

CAB sim off and my own dakota rig gave me the best cleans, just like standing in front of the real stuff, I love it. Regarding the supro, I never tried the real amp, but my 100€ frontman sounds like a killer 3000$ boutique amp now :)