Posts by waraba

thx to ya all, I'll try to get a DXR one of these days, there are still expensive for my usage.

I'll try to figure out the 12" FR solution on my frontman as well and keep you informed, but the results are really interesting so far with the power amp in and the stock speaker, both with cab sim OFF or ON.

I had hard times trying to EQ my mains outs in order to deal with the pick ice trebles from the fender speaker, I finally set the treble @ 9 o clock to get the great mids & treble from my monitoring system, and use my frontman on bass and low mids range , this way I get the 'kick ass' amp like feel I was missing with my HS7 yams.

I had killer results with the supros & valcos from pete and several other fenders, not that much with hi gain stuff except a 18w brit marshall clone that ended as my main rig ATM, suitable for SC and HB, all gain range available from pristine cleans to full leads on this one and only rig.

CAB sim off and my own dakota rig gave me the best cleans, just like standing in front of the real stuff, I love it. Regarding the supro, I never tried the real amp, but my 100€ frontman sounds like a killer 3000$ boutique amp now :)

Thx Zap, but it's way too loud & heavy for my purpose ( home studio & a bit of live gigs ).

Plus I love the looks of my frontman, looks like an old blackface and I might be able to get the internal spring verb in action with the power amp. I'm into modding.

ok thx here is the shortlist then

Fullrange speaker
    Beyma 12ga50
    Celestion K12H 200TC

Guitar cab speakers
    Celestion G12K-100 - suitable for hi gain
    a Mix of Vintage 30s and G12 T-75s

Any feed back on the Full range ones ? both clean& drives tones reviews would be great

Hi !

I'm thinking about swapping the speaker in my 'monitor amp' I use with my KPA. It's a solid state fender frontman 65R with a power amp IN, with a 'special design' 12 inches 8 Ohms speaker. It's sounds pretty good with the cab sims off on cleans and fender like rigs, but not that good on other amp types (drives are muffled). I use this amp in my home studio to get an amp feel, and also on stage as a monitor.

I thought about a linear FR speaker like the Beyma 12ga50, but this one also seems to excel in clean tones mostly.

I wonder if you have other speaker options, both suitable with cleans, crunches and heavy tones ( JCM800 & mark II c++ likes)

I also wonder if I can add a tweeter to the output in order to get better trebles ( with a proper filtering).

Great , I'm not alone !

what is the new way now.

Tu sum up : we lost the quick edit mode that allows to switch FX in a very fast and convenient way (a single short press) and the editing mode (long press). The direct edit allows a fast navigation between the two modes ,including amp & cab parameters.

The new mode is annoying since you can't do this anymore without pressing exit button or doing another long press, and worst : if you are editing a FX parameter and then hit the browse knob, you'll not switch your rig but the FX itself. This is killing me ! It seems that some priorities in the interfaces were changed (I remember the browse know always being active whatever mode you were in).

The prior mode was so natural and well thought, I wonder why it did change so much, and it makes me hitting buttons much more than before.

I got the same issues, I can hear my LAPTOP CPU cycles thru my monitoring system with SC pick ups , I wonder what I can do , ATM I stand away from my laptop and the noise gets away.

Is There a way to shield something ?, I use shielded jack between my soundcard and monitors ( Maybe I should swicth to xlr ?)

Maybe it comes from the SPDIF connection ?

The direct edit mode is gone ( we used to select the FX & amp edit mode with a specific choice in the system menu 'direct edit' )

This mode is no longer available ?( But the new one is killing my workflow while editing FXs and amp parameters.

I use to edit my rigs on the fly while recording , switching FX , editing them , go back to amp parameters and so on , the new mode is unatural to me.

the old way was much better for me since you could go from amp editing to FX editing with a single long press.

Single short press for activating FX or amp / cab section
    Long press for editing

Please comment if you agree with the above, I don't think I'm the only one.

After extensive testing I must say that I much prefer the old selection and editing method which was much more natural for me (and we had the choice of editing mode , which is no longer the case now).

This also applies to amp & cab editing. It's now much of a hassle to edit , exit and select FX or amp parameters.

I record a lot and do lots of editing 'on the fly' when recording a track , and the new mode is slowing my workflow , especially when going from amp editing to FX editing : it now requires to press exit button while the old method just need a single long press (edit) or short (activate).

Is there any chance we get back on previous editing mode as an option , like it was on previous firmwares ?

Sadly It won't hum, scratch and get you into electric shock like your vintage tube amp : it's safe , noiseless & hyper clean.

More seriously it lacks a spring verb , but it will eventually come with a firmware update.