Posts by waraba

Yep I admit being on the verge of rules but that I would feel like a moron not to upload such fantastic rigs for the community and just keep them for myself

I never ran into problems with the original profilers since I did these uploads - we even have a mutual respect with M-pausio / Hell-G / Joptunes & others

There is a lot a debate about these questions at the moment, it would be cool to get some guidelines / good practises about these practises.

I've been uploading lots of stuff :

1-some profiles I did by myself - 100% owner

2-some rigs from my own profiles with other's CABs or other CAB I did by myself - 50% owner

3-some rigs with other's AMPs and with my own CABs ( lots of this type actually and those are amongst the best : see BB KING's Lucille for instance ) - 50% owner

4-some rigs with other's AMP & CABS but with heavy mods resulting in a VERY different rig - See trainwreck clone LP by Joptunes for instance ( appears under joptunes nameon the RIg Ex ) - 0% owner - Once again this is killer stuff I cannot keep for myself since they are so good.

When I upload I try to keep track of the original profiler's name AND a short notice (tweaked by waraba) but I'm not 100% liable during the tagging

In some cases I did upload some rigs I don't own under MY name - these rigs are clearly not mine , but they are a very good contribution to the community effort - I will never upload something I don't like or use myself ( except in the case I'm in a conservative mood )

Its a bit strange to upload someone else's rigs under his name ( like the one from joptunes I did ) that's why I did add 'LP mod by wara' in the tags, but it appears under his name on the Rig Ex.

I think we got to keep this tolerance to uploading other's people work , BUT : Keep track of the original profiler AND add some tags about the mods / tweaks added with the modder's name.

my 2 cts on this question ...

yes same story for me , I had a great B stock unit for the same price , Highly appreciated & definitive GAS killer price

I sold a US strat & my boogie amp later - Financial balance is now more than positive :)

I wish there was a small tabletop unit like the TI-snow , I'm sure it will come sooner or later.

thx mates, the workflow went indeed very fast on this one : grab the Lespaul dial the JCM800KK , lower the gain to clean , add some def / clarity / direct signal , Tune ( lol ) , strum some rhythm tracks - records some rushes - undo ( to get back to higain JCM 800 for Palmuted parts & leads - record - Get bored from the JCM , then switch to the trainwreck - Get blasted by the tone & feel happy ( Re lol ) - record some leads - get bored from the Les Paul -

Grab the strat - lower the gain to clean , add some def / clarity / direct signal , Tune ( 3rd lol ) , strum some rhythm tracks - records some rushes - undo ( to lead tone ) - record some leads , hit some FXs - record

Arrange the rushes , add some drums, embellishments here and then ( with FXs ) - Then mix - call for reinforcements from Dje , render & upload.

This is my best definition for 'Quality Time' like US folks say :D

Excellent , looking forward to this album , especially with some voices if you plan to add some ?

The tones sure sound vintage , the drums are maybe a bit too modern/ bright for my flavor ( except for the toms & cymbals that are spot on )

thx a lot man , we never get enough boogie profiles :)

I've been trying the crunches and they are very good, the leads are even better, while I had to lower a lot the definition to my taste. I could replicate Metallica's Master of puppets tone in 30 sec. of tweaking on my SC strat. These leads are VERY hot :)

crunch2 & lead4 are awesome on a strat , they handles CAB swapping very well too.

These profiles have the typical boogie trebly , tight & punchy vibe , very nice profiling

Yes most very clean warm amps will do it. lower the gain & treble, add a little compression ( FX) or AMP compression to avoid boomyness in the basses on hard attacks - You should also play with definition & clarity parameters.

Some very goodrigs for jazz ( some I made specially for my L5 copy - here is a sample :

Davoli Carlton LP ( lead tone )
    Davoli jazzy strat
    BB KING's Lucille
    Boogie_SB_tele_jazz

HARLY EL84 10:00

If you don't sort it out , I'll send you my full Jazzbox pack - free stuff of course ;)

As end ending & positive note I must say that I liked the Wampler pedals profiles a lot , as well as the experiments done duplicating the Mark series on pedals. Please KB post more results and pics of those prototypes, I'm highly interested in the pics & rigs you'll do in the future.

A quick made one , staring Djemass on the final lead .

This song is simple but the tones are top thanks to fantastic profiles on our KPAs

Dje : JP6 & Mesa boogie mark III from Thumas

Renaud : Les Paul & strat on JCM800 KK from Hell-G and trainwreck clone from Sean ( Joptunes )

That Marshall is a fantastic recording tool , Sean profiles are also an endless source of inspiration :)