Posts by waraba

I finally moved to my new studio, here is my first recording on my original fender rhodes suitcase 73 mark II on the Kemper with the mighty AC 20 morgan profile and some FXes.

I waited soooo long for these moments !

This rhodes sounds super clear with bell like trebles , and super happy with the resulting recording, the morgan AC 20 did strikes again :)

Tell me how you like these tones , I'm curious of what keys owners here thinks about this.

The KPA got no limits in terms of instruments played on it , awesome. I used it on guitars, basses, keys , vocals , and even my trumpet : as it's the best piece of gear in my studio I use it as the main input with help of all professional tools in it.

I plan to plug my original fender rhodes for the first time this next week , looking forward the great vintage vibes on fender twins and so !

How did you get the sound of the 3rd piece of this demo? Sounds like the acoustic sim while played with another profile (like 2 sounds at once)? Or is this literally two different tracks? Sounds great, so I’m hoping there is a way to do this.

Thx, sounds great indeed , this is parallel path , starting from a bandmaster profile & using ACC simulator in slot A or B ( mandatory for parallel path ) then blending thru the rig menu for a % of both . See this vid for explanations. ( from 5:32) works great withh P90

Have you tried playing trough monitor out and Kemper Kone

Monitors ( Yamaha HS7 ) sound great , full & bright.

Kone with acoustic sim is a disappointment so far , sounds closer to an acoustic amp & mono , but I loose some brightness ( be sure to reduce Monitor volume in Kone menu , sweetening helps )

by popular demand, here is the rig used in my demo ( played on a P90 semi hollow )

It's based on the famous morgan AC20 minus AMP & CAB

with a good gate , plus a noise gate set around 6 , it's dead silent & dynamic , huge with the Delay/VERB.

add a comp in slot D if needed.

Adjust acoustic sim parameters to your taste as well as other EQ parameters , comp ...

Enjoy

demo ref :

follow the vid from the 1st page , I used some acoustic preamp from the rig packs, but any amp profile will do it as you have to disengage AMP + CAB not to colour the sim.

is best used in slot A or B for ( also allows parallel path , while RTFM says X .

The Acoustic sim FX is located in the Equalizers presets as well as wideners

here is my first :

My first take on the acoustic sim, played on the semi hollow from the pic :

single sample, then doubled ( naturally ) , then parallel path with a bandmaster rig, then some sloppy finger style ( 25 years after I learnt the original lol ) . What a fantastic sustain :o

I had to put a comp in slot B , but that's it , pretty RAW spdif takes with no post EQ and straight rendering from reaper :

My first take on the acoustic sim, played on the semi hollow from the pic :

single sample, then doubled ( naturally ) , then parallel path with a bandmaster rig, then some sloppy finger style ( 25 years after I learnt the original lol ) . What a fantastic sustain :o

I had to put a comp in slot B , but that's it , pretty RAW spdif takes with no post EQ and straight rendering from reaper :

Another set of clips using the swell this time : the stronger you hit the most swell you get , playing soft = no swell in this clip

2nd set has some comp ( from the swell FX ) to tame the huge dynamics on the chords

So far , fantastic work Kemper team !!

I managed to update RM + KPA , all that from RM

could not get the Acoustic sim to work, even on slot X , until I noticed my vol pedal was at 0 :( now working fine !

Spdif slave mode still got some ticking on my PC, strange !

New wideners working as mentioned in the docs :) incoming demos

I cannot use RM after the RM update, I don't really understand why the descending compatibility vs profiler is lost.

I won't downgrade RM , as I don't use play gigs , I'll wait for an update

Sorry to quote myself, but the automatic updates from RM & KPA went fine

back to guitar playing & tweaking from RM :) thx kpa team for the quick fix

I cannot use RM after the RM update, I don't really understand why the descending compatibility vs profiler is lost.

I won't downgrade RM , as I don't use play gigs , I'll wait for an update

Here is a new track , I was pretty inspired by the great Morgan AC20 profile and my Kone homemade Cab ( what a bliss on the Oxford imprint)

I tried all sorts of filters & KPA FXs and I laid down these tracks using this single profile ,even for bass line but with major tweaks.

Lots of Vowel filters involved to give the roots eastern tones , as well as a slight amount of detune to get more authenticity.

FYI I had a major blast using the world famous Morgan AC20 vs the Oxford imprint.

it's spot on , my Kone sounds like the real deal in the room, one of the most outstanding cleans & crunchy tones I've heard from my long experience with tube amps. To be honest I previously thought the Morgan was a good profile, but not as good from what I heard from the Kone. It really comes to life.

I'm really impressed as I could eventually dial some neck PU crunchy Hendrix style with ease , very touch & attack sensitive.

The amp settings , EQ and verb presets are really adding a pure tone layer on that imprint.

It's so great to be able to play some blues licks , much more inspiring than playing my HS7 monitors , not that I don't like the tone of the HS7 , but playing blues certainly needs the real feel of an amp in the proximity.