Posts by waraba

Really like the fuzz coming in at 0:31.

I'm in the process of writing something along these lines when it come to guitar sounds but in a very different style.

This is inspiring!

Go analog with a real germanium pedal , I'm in love with these , Tom's line G-fuzz used here is only 30€ and works great on my strat , the ineraction between guitar , pedal& amp sounds killer by playing with the git vol pot, Hendrix style. TBH I used open source NAM on all distorded parts because of this interaction, the old KPA has some limits here.

This sounds great all over. So deliciously airy and relaxed!

I've seen you mention pickup sims in a few posts. May I ask what it is you're using?

Thx Mats, it's the keyztone exchanger pro, does wonders on my strat : LP leads, & tele overdubs , also great on my Ibanez artist . I now don't really need my 10 guitar collection , I could easily focus on 6 with the new PU sims.

The keyztone is a french analog pedal, apparently no DSP , killer device TBH.

I like this being more raw. Feels like you're loosening up to focus on the songwriting and sound exploration more than the production which is a good thing.

Yes thx , I did change a few things in my recording routine, I gave up with spdif and went to analogs on my SSL2+ , you can drive the inputs like a real desk and it feels great.

Another major change is using open source NAM extensively on gits, as you get both raw tones ( much less polished that the high end processing the KPA does) and a real amp feel that I really love , close to the one you get with Kone, but with more emphasis on the amp differences.

The whole experience is really great coming from the KPA where every tone if perfect , polished but maybe boring sometimes after twelve years of tracking. But I keep using the KPA for stereo cleans , FX, bass , voice , transpose etc. it's still the central piece of my home studio.

I also do less mastering these days , or even not at all when the feel of a track sounds more live and dynamic without and with an intact character.

Don't worry with the vocals most of us are unhappy with our voices , but do it a try , you'd be surprised how it adds to a track even if you don't like your voice ( like I do , I'm fed up of my clean voice , I much prefer the grit I can do once in a while )

Dedicated to a martyr , RIP M. Alexeï Navalny

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

good job Larry, bass is alright to me, Keys fits no pb , drums a bit too prominent maye. Vocals & backings would add to the track , for sure.

Here is an hard rock one , JCM 800 all around , rhythm dist gits R & L , cleans is my Alice in Mars profile.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BASS : hugeSVT

sounds good to me Per, cool mods on that LP, I always was curious about this Page mod, so I'm really interested in yer new tones.

I'm super happy with the complex wiring on the revstar , 7 positions switch & tap filter on P90 , I might do it on my artist, really killer options.

I also bought a keyztone exchanger pro to build some great LP tones out of my strat , pretty awesome french pedal well worth the money.

Thx Larry, the track had no mastering this time, it's pretty raw, and I already had a sim tape with LP and a LP reaeq taming the highs.

Will check that deeper if I ever record some vocals for it, I'd have to sing like M. Bellamy LOL

here is a funny clip, that amp sustains for 15 seconds on a single note, no cheat

P90 clean part is the same profile, 3 on git vol pot

My latest track, all done with a Dirty Shirley, including leads & my strat ( with some pickup sims)

Bass & FX KPA : HUGESVTB7K

NAM gits ( FX & processing : KPA ) dirty Shirley + germanium fuzz ( real one)

There are a few harmonies colliding in a strange way, but I liked it anyway ...

Tried 'em fast , they are good and meaty , very mid focus (like a dist box was engaged at some point) , the sustain is really impressive , they also clean well on my P90 with just the git vol, which is cool.

You should upload 'em on rig ex , with a few rhythm ones , I'd appreciate some crunch ones.

Many thx for your work