Posts by waraba

Here is a new jam I did giving a test drive to these great Marshall Superlead profiles ( Martin Suijs )

I used these from Rig ex :

Rhythm ( tweaks + chorus ) : Marshall 71 SL V8 + Underdrive

Leads ( tweaks on gain & verbs ) : Marshall 71 SL V8 + KTR

I just put the track for your own jamming pleasure on the 2nd part of the clip (same track , no leads ) , just cut that part into your DAW @120 BMP

Track is downloadable from soundcloud @16b/44

Here is a new jam I did giving a test drive to these great Marshall Superlead profiles ( Martin Suijs )

I used these from Rig ex :

Rhythm ( tweaks + chorus ) : Marshall 71 SL V8 + Underdrive

Leads ( tweaks on gain & verbs ) : Marshall 71 SL V8 + KTR

Guitar , semi Hollow Ibanez Artist on P90 & Jazz bass

I just put the track for your own jamming pleasure on the 2nd part of the clip (same track , no leads ) , just cut that part into your DAW @120 BMP

Track is downlable from soundcloud @16b/44

Thx for this great collection , tried them on the Kone : sounds great :)

The oxford went really well for cleans & crunches

Celestion V30 , greenbacks sounds great on hi gain , especially with the bass boost. I used high directivity on the gainy ones.

Most celestions & other speakers seems to really fit these profiles, that makes a great benchmark & speaker education for me :)

Very nice addition for my Kone :)

I just arranged a quick demo of 2 random profiles I really dug :

• Concertorama Full Ch.link(VR1) for the stoner fuzzy part ( gain @ MAX !! ) no need for a 250€ boutique fuzz
    • 75 Twin CH.2 Clean+ tweak on the gain only for the funky parts , what a great amp is that Carlsbro'

This demo has almost no post EQ , it's pretty raw , no post FX & all FX KPA ( I used a double wah on slots C & D by mistake but kept it as it was so cool sounding ).

I had so much fun playing this profiles , thx again Oraakkeli !

I gave another try to this fantastic collection in combination my new Kone CAB :

They are even better that I previously thought :huh:

Best imprints for me were Oxford , celestion Blue , but lots of them should also fit.

Had enough material for vintage blues, funky , RAW power à la "Jack White" , all kinds of early Zep & Who tones, and even some dark vintage stoner . Pretty amazing with the Kone . P90s were singing in both bridge and neck pos ( fab crunches ).

I recommend a short spring pre amp , I also use a hall verb post amp , I locked my verbs before browsing

Sorting the whole collection by gain is a great way to have fun with that huge collection

Another trick : force the gain up from 7 to max on any profile, and you get a great fuzz tone and most of them will have a different tone , quite fascinating.

Based on experience, most folks won't download files , especially waves.

You'd better use some free streaming like soundcloud if you want some feedback from the community.

Cool very jazzy funky riff you got going on here, I like how it comes into sunlight at around the 40 mark with that chord sequence. Great job!

Thx The chords came after noodling with the A string and some upper neck triads

Great tune Renaud, very nice. I like the sheer amount of ear-catching events in there and the bunch of great sounds like that lovely Shakawaka guitar short before the end. Thanks for sharing

Thx Michael , that's the way I record , I do lots of takes with lots of different tones & pickups & profiles

You had me at "Shakawaka" in the title 'cause you know I love anything remotely similar to '70s cop-show / movie music. IOW, what I like to call cop-show jazz funk...

You're right, it does sound a bit like a clavinet at the start. An envelope-following auto-filter / wah on that would've taken it well into clav territory IMHO.

Cool bananas, Renaud.

Yes we all love Wahs , this was the cry setting and I often use my own setting and the old vox preset , very cool

Thx Nicky , there is still some audience for 70's cop show music , that's pretty cool.

I'll provide more as you like 'em :)

a HB Thunder 99

I have one used on mono on a single Kone, I never dare to push the volume upper than 12 o' clock , it's rated 50 W

It's as loud as a 50 W amp tube I could try in the past, largely enough to cover a drum, maybe not a heavy metal kit , but a rock one , yes.

It does not seem to distort at high volume while cranked and it's dead silent.

Stereo option is also really cool , I will maybe add another Kone to make a real stereo CAB later.

Thx for your interest in my request Paul, I still want some DI because studio profiles if not merged still don't have the exact pre speaker signal , if I'm right ?

But I guess a merged studio profile should should get the best of both DAW signal + KAB in the room with imprints.

So our exact request should be Merged studio profile only + matched DI & imprint compared to the real amp ?

I reckon I do lot of jamming around with the Kone in my room , I just need my KPA & powered Kone , no need for a daw & monitors like I used to.

It's the perfect tool for practicing , so noiseless and I'm able to play at super low volume.

I started recording with monitoring on the Kone & my yamaha HS7 monitors , and it's really great, really inspiring to have a real amp tone while recording , for the bass parts it's also pretty cool.

Of course you have to know your profiles and their original CAB because that's the signal that gets recorded eventually, but this is very close to what will happen in a real recording studio.

So far I love the Kone in my super vintage cab , the learning curve is not that high if you already know your profiles.

We'll need some kind of official rig pack with matched amps DI & respective imprints + Studio profiles made in a high end studio to take it to a plug and play solution.

The idea is to setup a real am for profiling a studio profile , then take a DI profile with the same amp settings , then load the DI and compare the different imprints vs the real amp.

To my Hollow body & jazzbox pack customers :

If you have a Kabinet or a Kone, I strongly suggest to try the Oxford 12L6 in combination with all my profiles.

This speaker is really decent on most of the profiles , maybe lower the basses on the most driven ones. You may also encounter volumes issues so take care as my profile's cab is super hot in volume terms.