Posts by waraba

That sounds fun but personally, I'd rather twist a chicken head knob , get an awesome tone then spend more time on my chops.

Believe it or not , but I twisted knobs for 12 years to get a inspiring Hendrix tone without being 100% happy , it took me a few hours of NAM to get to this point using a free dirty Shirley model. I love my KPA but I cannot achieve certain tones like I do with NAM , I get a better feel & mojo. I also get the germanium fuzz pedal buffer guitar interaction that my old KPA does not handle.

But I like the KPA ecosystem a lot and cannot really live without now

For me it's pretty simple , allow third party open source modelers like NAM & proteus in the amp block , just like genome just did with their software : you can run NAM within the vst , replacing the current amp sims they offer. NAM sounds better than the KPA to me and models all pedals with ease. a NAM model is around 300K , a KPA model is 6K , there must be a reason for the higher precision of a NAM model.

I don't know if it's ever possible with the actual KPA DSP , but it would sure be in a KPA2.

I'm actually building this dream rig around a NAM micro PC, a SSL2 running thru a KPA loop, I'll disable the KPA amp & cab stack and benefit from all the KPA has to offer.

Your style is very recognizable , apart the claps I don't hear that much EDM & disco TBH , it's more of a rock track to me , even with a bit of Rush vibe to it.

If you want to go disco , I'd suggest a strong disco beat first , with an uptempo BPM 4 beats on the floor, and build riffs & funk licks around this start. A funky groovy bassline is also mandatory of course, I would start from here , drum & bass , the gits should be the icing on the cake and not in front.

here is a quick ref , drum & bass from 0:30 ( with a single bass note lol )

Here is a funky rock one, title comes from a funny YT subtitle about a les Paul video.

This one should fit in my video game / soundtrack collection

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Great production again Per, to me you sound more more & more English as time passes ... the arrangement keeps getting evolved and you vocal range expands, I appreciate all these vocal experiments,

we'd probaly come to the same conclusion that a voice can be treated just like any other guitar for an infinity of results.

I don't know how the vocals would fit since you have that tune pretty much filled. Leave it as is

I often edit & remix my tracks for vocals , as the music must be less prominent vs the vocals , bit depends on the text & vocal style.

I also leave some room in the 12 o clock part of the mix for this purpose.

Glad you like the instrumental :)

Here is my latest , ready for vocals :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A bit of groovy funk on this sunny sunday ...

External Content www.youtube.com

Jump the fence great writing & arrangment , well done

A small manipulation has also a great songwriter appeal & a great mix

We write the news to make you hate us , man that's clearly you inner English gentleman writer singing on this. tones & backings are top notch, it could be on quadrophenia album.

Amends sounds like you were having fun with the freqout

Rosa is pure 70's vibe, well done

Slider , yeah surf mood for sure , I wish I was in the waves , but I'm just in a wav ;) . Short & effective, well done

Monkey, once again that WHO vibe and even a keith moon inspired drum style. Vocals fit really well.

Mocking the meat has a great noisy guitar style & writing

Great wavs, no pb !

The clean part sounds like you just changed the strings with a great sparkle , then dist is great & dynamic with that bite & mid compression. Sounds like a winner PU.

The full mix sounds great too

thx for sharing