Posts by waraba

Poisoned Rain , great vibe on the rhodes and looks like you had fun on the bassline

Every day is a lie, what an energy for someone sick ;) great vocals backings

Another hit of you , great intro indeed , sets the mood with that B3 & leslie

Silence , well too much drums presence on my side so'd suggest a bit of silencing on that huge kick ;) nice cocottes !

Snackish has a great rock vibe , vocals fits really well the gits parts.

Out Shopping, typical English tone if you ask me, nice chords and tones.

You don't like, this is you , well I liked that opening organ a lot, great tone on that deep layered 3D mix , great strings too. Drums a tad present too.

A life will spent, that dry vintage tone on the gits fits the style really well. Great arrangement on the mid parts. Drums are really authentic.

Caregiver, the 12 string is so recognizable and a lovely instrument. Bass fits the style pretty well too, drums maybe a bit too bassy and not dry enough maybe.

Overall , you're still king in the category "Some users have extraordinary musical output" like GString said.

Have a quick recover Per !

Dry tones, well I like 'em a lot , they are so easy to mix. I tend to use tele tones for overdubs as they won't invade the mix in lots of contexts , rock , pop , funk, chorused lines ...

The other option on the tele is blues, country but you have to build up a 'mix cutting' tone with attitude, mainly in the crunch register, like D Gatton. Here is a KPA example ( using filtertrons)

Tele have that bite & twang , you must get used to it and know how to attack the strings hard to let them shout : thin , but present , twangy but definitely recognizable

check that KPA user , he nailed it pretty well , you're not very far judging from your demo that I liked.

Here is another from me , whenI was a junior tele layer , with an humble stock squier thinline ( rigs available on the thread)

I bought a chord book i haven't had in years so trying to expand my chordal vocabulary a tiny wee bit

Cool move, Joe , I just learnt diminished chords after more than 30 years of practise, it's never too late.

Very happy track , and a nice progression of chords indeed , with cool tones vs that smooth neck pick up lead

Here is an experiment in latin tone design on this moody instrumental

Bass is KPA amp pig clean

Guitar signal is : strat , filtertron or PAF pickup sim, KPA input sense , KPA trem & old wah preset(KPA ) , fan spring verb (KPA ) , then DAW NAM princeton ( my fav

NAM model ), NADIR with G25 & V30 , UAD delay , and DAW verb

I also engaged a inexpensive real pedal , germanium one in front of the KPA ( Tom's line G -fuzz) surprisingly good 30€ pedal , perfect for vintage & Hendrix tones.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

here is the vocal version,

interested in yer feedback guys , both vocally & technically

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is a bit of ... places & landscapes

This one's ready for vocals

Here is a classic rock style one

lots of fun recording this one with harmonized lines

vocals impossible for now as a flu hits my chords :(

Can't You Profile them?

Yes I can & did with my "alice in mars" profile for instance.

but it's mainly a feel & growl that does not transcribe well to the KPA , for instance Hendrix tones and major jangly amps like fenders. KPA profiling smooth it out too much and forgets the details.

My best example is this one , I could never achieve this exact tone on my KPA after weeks of try , I even opened a full thread about it, but no luck ... until I tried NAM , and it was a major revelation for me as I could finally get it & for free ( but not without hassle , it's open source ).

External Content www.youtube.com

And to be perfectly honest , it doesn't matter once recorded & mixed, you cannot tell which is which.

I'm noodling the tele with a soft crunch AC15 and a Fender twin and I adore the sound I get. It definitely cuts.

Back to the roots man ! That's the tele vibe

Trying the free NAM VST would clearly get you a step ahead in this direction , as the fender tones I get with ... hmm hmm ,... I cannot get them on my KPA , period

The Tele does twang and it's tone is something I am not used to at all. Just strumming it unplugged is super bright to me. I need to do some exploring with this thing. But I love how it is so much different than my other guitars.

yeah that's the beauty of the tele, it needs some proper amplification & play , might sound thin but cuts every mix with ease.

I highly suggest the great Danny Gatton , both for tones & play style , incredible talent

External Content www.youtube.com