Posts by benvdd

Anybody heard of these? I'm interested since I'm using a GT1000FX but the price seems steep for passive monitors?

You're right (just concerning your stage monitoring, FOH is still getting the full signal), but is a matter of taste, alot of players prefere to compromise and still have their 4x12 flapping their pants... I've gone FRFR years ago and never looked back.

I'm one of those guys that isn't quite ready to go FRFR yet :)
    I was considering it when I used the KPA in combination with the poweramp of my dual rectifier since I got the feeling that the latter colored the sound a lot and made me loose some of the KPA magic. However, the Matrix is so transparent that I don't hear any of this while still maintaining the tight low end of my Mesa 4x12.

That's my experience anyway...

Yesterday I connected my Kemper as always to my DAW via SPDIF and didn't get so much as a squeak.
    After some fiddling around I noticed that the issue was limited to my gig profiles that are all setup to use exp1 as a volume pedal.
    I use two exp pedals which are not connected when I use the KPA at home/studio.
    What I think happened (but I'm not 100% sure since my live equipment is in the rehearsal room) is that I switched off the KPA at the last rehearsal with the volume pedal at the 0 position (the exp1 pedal parameter was at 0 in the MIDI settings). However, turning it up manually in the settings did not fix the issue, still no sound...

My best guess: if you switch of the Kemper, it remembers the last position of the connected expression pedals but something goes wrong when it is switched back on again without those pedals connected.
    Did anyone ever experience something similar? I'll connect my pedals again next rehearsal and see if that solves the problem, but in any case, it seems to be a minor bug.

I was thinking adding a subwoofer to my 8".... :whistling:

I was thinking the same thing, but don't know anything about high-end subwoofers and the little I know is that it's really easy to screw up your overall sound by placing a subwoofer without proper set up of room acoustics and crossover settings.

If anyone has any experience, I'd love to hear it :thumbup:

I never had any issues with the TC Editor ....plus its a HELL of a lot better than breaking your fingers or back trying to programme it manually !!!!!

That was actually one of the strong points of the G-system, imo it was really easy to program on the board itself. Anyway, going seriously off topic here :whistling:

No it wouldn't be great. The vyzor editor is really a bad designed one and even though it has been out for quite some time, it has multiple bugs and it randomly changes the GS settings. There have been way too many complaints and never been addressed.

+1, tried it a couple of times and then ditched it when it turned out to be completely unreliable

I've used my G-system to control the Kemper for a couple of gigs, it worked fine. But very annoying that I had to run 2 additional stereo cables from my exp pedals to the Kemper. I have the Gordius LG2 now and couldn't be happier :)

And I just noticed I wrote "anywey" in my previous post, never underestimate the need for morning coffee :whistling: