Posts by benvdd

It's been mentioned a million times already but for the sake of democracy:

1. foot controller
    preferably without need for additional power supply
    two way communication
    with connectors for at least two expression pedals
    I like big controllers, with buttons you can easily hit on a dark stage, rather than a small form factor that fits in a bag
    2. perform mode
    3. library

So...gig report :)

All in all -considering that I spent only an hour fiddling with the KPA and never rehearsed with it- it went great. The Kemper that is, the gig was kind of crap due to complete lack of any kind of monitoring at all :thumbdown:

But anyway...the KPA!
    Signal chain I used:
    Caparison Dellinger 7 > KPA monitor out > poweramp dual rec > 4x12 Mesa cab
    In loop: Gibson Echoplex DPP
    Controller: my "good ol' " TCE G-system (that has apparently no MIDI cc capabilities for pedals ?( )
    No direct lines to the PA, want to test that during rehearsal first + the venue was not equipped for that...

Rhythm sound was great, I based the profile on a dual rec (that I played before that) but it actually sounded better than my amp live, cut nicely through the mix, could hear myself better, ...

Lead sound wasn't super. I fiddled with a patch at home that sounded great but live it was a bit thin and "far away". Will have to check that. One thing that came to mind is that my cab is a Mesa oversized 4x12 and the cab I used at the gig was a standard. Might be enough to mess up the bass response?

Clean sound (based on a Vox profile I think): absolutely brilliant compared to the dual rec!

+ added advantage, suppose something would have gone horribly wrong with the kemper, I had my Mesa footswitch closeby to switch out quickly if needed (luckily I didn't, but still, my old setup was so complex that it would have been impossible).

So preliminary summary :)
    Will have to tweak the profiles somewhat, especially my lead sound but overall, considering the circumstances, it went great. Next step is to test the combo monitor out > poweramp + main outs > PA

Keep up the good work Kemper folks :D

Thought I'd introduce myself properly.

I write the music and play leadguitars for Akem Manah (Belgium, http://www.akemmanah.be).
    Until a week ago I played a really complex setup around a mesa dual rectifier (multiwatt) and TC Electronic G-system. The rack had about 50 meters worth of cables inside and 10 or so "magical boxes" that were all supposed to give me some kind of functionality and/or better sound (from MIDI switcher to booster, etc etc).

Long story short, I got sick of spending more time tweaking instead of playing so last week I saw a demo of the KPA (I knew it was around, but hadn't heard it live yet) by Mr. Ola Englund and Fred Brum themselves and suffice to say I was impressed.

Hooked it up this week to my audio interface, controls are really straightforward if you have some experience with digital processors. Sound through my pc monitors (Mackie RM5s) will require some tweaking but boy was I blown away when I hooked it up to the poweramp of my dual rec :).

After fiddling with it for an hour I just decided to go for it (I've got a gig tomorrow, and I haven't yet rehearsed with it), and just started pulling cable after cable from the rack until only the bare essentials remained (power, wireless, looper and tuner) :thumbup: .
    It looks clean, weighs less, troubleshooting just became a work of minutes instead of hours and...most importantly of course, it sounds great.
    If I survive the gig tomorrow, I'll be one happy Kemper (if the guys who make it, got a dollar for every time that joke is made :P).

Looking very much forward to the new features and further development!

as the title says...I recently got a KPA and when hooking it up for the first time, I put my looper in the loop ( :D ) and it worked fine on FW 1.06

Yesterday I updated to 1.08 but I recall that in the release notes of 1.07 it said the alternative input would be temporary disabled.

Is this still the case in 1.08? I can't get to the rehearsal room right now to test, and I've got a gig on Friday... 8|

Can I downgrade to 1.06 if need be?

(first post by the way, hi all :) )