Posts by Rescator

Glad you find the right way with KPA .

Just a note , KPA is not ALL about profiles .

By my humble opinion it is ALL about interaction between profiles and our guitar(s) .

I have 2 powerfull guitars , with very strong pups, 3 are so/so, and one is with lowest output pickups one can imagine (YJM Strat original Dimarzio )

What is good for weak, is not good for powerful pickups and vice versa.

I have to tweak the rigs for each and every guitar . No universal rig can satisfy all of them.

Let make an experiment .
    Get the few best , real amps money can buy ,and then play them through headphones .

It will be interesting to hear how's the sound looks like .

The letter "A" in KPA is staying for AMPLIFIER ,btw .

It needs to be played as loud as possible .

I used to play KPA first on PC monitors, then on QSC active speakers and finish playing almost exclusively on real , iconic guitar cabs .
    Mesa 2x12' and Marshall 1960 A , made in 1990 .

Ha ! What a bloody sound !!!! No single real amp can match this set up . But yes, 1.000 real amps/cabs in the same room can do the same job ...maybe 8o

Hint :
    Use looper to tweak KPA ,: record a loop , leave the place for few minutes to relax the ears , comeback and tweak with guitar locked in the case 8)

Fricking awesome !

But, instead of looking for VH sound, I actually trapped on AC/DC,Paul Gilbert , etc - perfect Marshall sound I was looking for ...

To be more precise , I am talking about specific setup - built in KPA Power amp (fantastic work by JP from South Africa ! ) and Mesa 2x12'' cab .

Some kind of magic was created between KPA , JP built in power amp, my 5 humble guitars and mighty Mesa cab !!!

I keep guitar(s) volume just bellow 8 say , but KPA monitor volume is going 50-60 % .

I know, the walls/windows are shaking, but this is Rock and Roll ! (luckily I can do that) .

Playing via PC speakers and QSC's do not make such a kind of magic ,while still sound awesome...

It looks to me like a these TJ Brown profiles are ideal for loud cab playing, they just really shine with full Marshall classic power and slightly rolled down guitar volume...

Who knows what is this all about , but who care when the real Marshall Brown sound is on !

Thanks TJ , you nailed it !

Of course that Guthrie plays Kemper full concert !
    KPA is just at hand distance from him, and Remote is just at foot distance .
    And four five Miss's World on his right hand side as well !!!! 8o
    It can be seen here :

In a last 4 plus years my toaster crashed only few times ,in that early period of vintage OS .
    It was not a big deal ,standard recovery procedure brought back everything in order each and every time.

Today , I installed newest RM 1.6 and my comp get crashed and frozen several times .
    Automatically restart was not possible , so I had to restart comp manually .

After hours of torture ,I get back to 1.5 .
    OK ,that's easy one , we will wait for 1.6 release .

But , what about us , the guys who do not have their studio computers connected on line ?

Is that mean that we will not be able to update new OS anymore , on standard way by USB ?

Is that mean that new OS will be able to be updated ONLY via RM and online ???

If that so , then it is big problem .

Or , I am missing something here, please highlight me :thumbup:

Thanks .

Just trying to figure out how can I change rigs while playing over going loop .,without changing the original ,recorded rig loop.
    When I try to change the rig, recorded loop rig get changed as well .
    I want to leave original rig like a loop sound and then play with another rig over it - say loop=clean rig , playing over = crunch rig .etc
    Is this possible ?
    Tnx !

About ten days later...very happy with Remote !
    :thumbup:

Just trying to figure out how can I change rigs while playing over going loop .,without changing the original ,recorded rig in the loop.
    When I try to change the rig, recorded loop rig get changed as well .
    I want to leave original rig like a loop sound and then play with another rig - say loop=clean , playing over = crunch .etc

Is this possible ?

(I will open a new thread about this issue,sorry if it was already explained somewhere )

Remote arrived .
    It took 7 days !
    Looks and works fantastic , very easy to use .

Only thing what is missing is Looper volume control , but it will probably come with next OS .

QUESTION for Kemper bag :
    Advertising says :
    Compatible with the Profiler Head and Profiler PowerHead (including the Profiler Remote)

I didn't try to put toaster and remote together , will try it for weekend .
    But, it looks like a there is no space for both , or I am wrong ?

Anyone manage to put both KPA and Remote in Kemper bag ?
    How do you protect them to do not rub @damage each other ?
    Thanks !

Could you believe it ?
    I ordered Remote last Thursday .
    Today is Tuesday ,OK !?
    So, today I had a call from UPS ,saying some parcel from Germany is in the country ,addressed to me .
    From Germany to South Africa in few days !!!
    I was told it will took another two days for custom clearance , which means I can have my KPA remote in 7 days in total .

My dear KPA Team , I am stunned with your service , thanks ! :thumbup::thumbsup:
    ( fricking unbelievable) !

Hi Guys ,

OK ,finally I pulled the trigger , ordered Remote :thumbup:

Probably beating dead horse , but what is the latest info regarding delivery time , anyone knows ?
    I ordered KPA hand bag as well .

My parcel have to travel from Germany to South Africa , and I know there are more than few flights per day from Germany to SA ,just a hint ...

Also i know that some people from SA post office and customs have a sticky fingers too (my main fear ... ;( )

Wondering which courier service Kemper will use ? There is no info about it on KEMPER site ...

Cheers,
    Zoran
    ps
    reason I ordered is that KPA is not more comfy to be used without dedicated remote , even I have very decent and expensive vintage midi foot controller ...
    Dedicated KPA [email protected] looks like a thing to go ....