Posts by Rescator

100 % !

quote from one of the best football player ever : :D
    And I final note for all questions regarding a specific tone:

I found the best way to get there with the KPA is to find out what amp and gear was originally used, find a profile of that amp and/or pedal, use the same guitar with similar pickups and tweak from there. It works 99% of the time ;)

So, is that about hardware or software ??
    Or both ? ?(
    btw, LED's are one of the best thing with Kemper , so intuitive , live thing.....

Hey CK, please chime in , we don't want Andy to stop his Terminator profiling job ! :D

Hello Forum ,
    I have Mobilepre USB , a vintage ( ;( ) sound card which worked fine for my needs, since I recorded my guitar amps with mics -like an audio record - great sound, low latency , etc .
    But, I find out I cannot record Kemper , since there is no spdf , and If I try to record guitar>Kemper> mobilepre> computer - Logic 8 I can only record if I choose dedicated track for guitar , not anymore as an independent audio track .
    On that way sound is bad, and latency is about 2 hours :thumbdown: (ok just kidding , but latency is huge , nothing as with simple amp/mic )
    They told me I have to have audio card with separate I/O for line and for mics . Mobilepre has the same input and output for line/mic , not separate .

My computer is Hackintosh (OS 10.5.2 on 3.4 GHz ) ,just for home recording, no internet , no bulshit ,works like a baby :love:
    Yes, that still exists, pls don't tell anyone :whistling: , and Logic 8 for recording .

I can replace my old mobilepre with Mobile Fast Track Pro for very good price .

Now, does the Fast Track has everything I need for direct , decent recording from Kemper to Logic 8 ?
    And how to do that ? Any funny geek tricks??

Thanks a lot ! :D

Hey CK,thanks for explanation !
    That's happen to me as well (not at the gig ,but at my home studio ,when I switched everything very loud, all windows and glass doors in the house start shaking 8o ) .
    I sorted it out by panicking and random pressing ground buttons on and off , intuitively , because it sounds like a ground problem to me , anyway .

This thing, MUST be explained in details in The Manual , by the Vai ;( :D
    Even now , I don't know which ground button has to be ON or Off ....
    ..till next glass shaking...

8)
    Sorry Armin, I just borrow your idea about tips !

So , after refreshing my KPA and erasing all rigs , I downloaded again about 1800 of them .

Idea is to stay with only 128 profiles , which will match 128 Midi programs on my old, trusty T-Rex Big foot pedal .

Now, working on deleting and composing some kind of system in choosing of 128 among 1800 programs .

The reason behind is - once set up 128 programs , I will deal only with my Guitar, pick ,wah wah and pressing those Midi buttons with my cowboy boots .
    No more looking at and tweaking KPA !

Take no prisoners ! :D

ps
    and ,.. yes, when you get to tip #127 , please skip #128 and go straight to # 129 !!! :whistling: :P

Last night I had a first crash with my KPA .
    Being it back to life with erasing all rigs , and start from the scratch with factory settings .
    Monitor output function -doesn't work for sure , cabs function works as with main output .
    Funny enough , it sounds very good ! ;( :D
    With 1.1 , it was the same case , but I reset KPA somehow( cannot remember is it was quick or rig button during uploading ??) but sound was terrible when cabs are engaged , with my amp and cab .
    After resetting ,there was no cab changing influence on monitor - amp/cab set up .
    Now , as I change the cab (which can be clearly noticed ) the cab change affect my amp/cab sound, on the same way as it affects my QSC setup (main output ) ????
    Weird enough ???
    Anyway , I would like to know is that normal .
    ps
    what is the function of " main outoput" link ?? Off or on , no any change in sound , exactly as with "monitor output link " - no any change .
    (and please don't tell me I should tick off "monitor output " , I did it and check it 100 times , no any impact on sound , cabs are still there ....

just spent a little bit more time with 1.5 , and find a few things:
    1. direct output volume doesn't work, its always the same , and letter are "pale " ,instead to be bold as for other volumes outputs
    Is that how it supposed to be ?
    2. when choosing to browse cabs from rigs , instead of the cab from that specific rig - that rig its self get loaded replacing the original rig where everything started out ?

Any ideas ( instead ??? :P )

my brand new lap top can be called " beta " if compared with problems Kemper (did not ) giving to me .
    so , call that ALFA , and stop that beta bulshit . :D
    Kemper will always improve its OS and content , so it will never be "final " .

Kemper is not a refrigerator , which is done once for ever regarding management and user interaction .
    (anyone for cold beer from my refrigerator ? 8) )

Welcome !
    I am relatively new user , used to have the same question as you have now .
    What I've learned is : spend some time (which can be 10 years from now ;( :D , if you want to do that really in details ) with installed and after that with free profiles on exchange . We are talking about more than 1.000 profiles !
    Once you get familiar with Kemper and how to tweak profiles to your liking (in my case , it took me few days to start to believe I am a Kemper expert :P :D ) it will be easy to buy some extraordinary well done commercial profiles .
    We are talking about money you spent on some dinner in humble restaurant , if you want to get them all .
    You will probably get to 2,000 profiles in a month or so , since no one could resist to try this and that profile , every bloody day or so .

Than , you will get to the phase when you want to get rid oh 1,500 profiles at once , and enjoy a few dozen perfect profiles to your liking .
    Simply because you don't need 439 fantastic Marshall profiles , you need , say 10 of them .
    There is enough tools in Kemper to create another 100 different presets from those 10 profiles, if you hear what I want to say .
    In that case you will stop tweaking (for a while :thumbdown: ) and searching for new profiles , and just enjoy playing your guitar and your music 100 % of time .

I decided to buy Kemper instead Axe just because above reasons ,which are opposite to endless and painful Axe tweaking .
    Endless tweaking can cause spine problems end will get you apart from your guitar end music forever .

The choice is : tweaker by default or guitarist/musician by nature ? :D
    Good luck !