Posts by Rescator

updating took a time , maybe more than 10 minutes or so , I am just over 1700 rigs .
    I like so much a new way of browsing cabs and amps , it looks like a lot of fun !
    didn't tried new output management , will do it over the weekend
    favorites are there , everything fine .
    so far so good , Kemper did it again ! :thumbup:

Gents !
    one third of SA Porterhouse is worth full T-Bone , it is so dense and beefy !
    I was enough lucky (even I am just a humble guy 8| ) to try steaks all around the World (including those from my Argentina & Chile Fly Fishing trip) , USA , Canada , Cuba , Norway , Russia and former Yugoslavia(ok , there is no steaks , but just most beautiful girls on the World :rolleyes: ) , but there is no such a steaks as in South Africa .
    Why ???
    Because , the best South Afrikaans steaks coming from Botswana ;) ;) ;) !!!
    No industrial environments , no high technology shits , no additives , no antibiotics , no steroids , no Coca Cola , iPhone 5 and McD , even no TV for cattle just a pure Savannah grass full of healthy lions and lionesses between the cattle (read : steaks ;) ) :thumbup:

Lance , with those profiles you send me now, I will get to 2,000 !!! :love:
    My Marshall Steak Kemper report will follow , hope there will be some fat and Botswana meat !

I am looking for some "meaty " , fat , as opposite to tiny and harsh Marshall profiles .
    Even having almost all commercial Marshall profiles , they not met Marshall sound in my head ?

The most acceptable so far is Tony McKenzie and his Satch Marshall , and Golub , both on the crunch side .

Adding a few pedals and EQ's , I can make Tony's profile very close to my liking , but cannot believe , it is the only one which fits my requirements , among 100's of them ? (btw, Bravo Tony !!!! :D )

Except to tell me that something might be wrong with me , could you please help me and direct me to some , nice , fat, meaty Marshal profile ?
    I am sure it must be somewhere there ! 8)

100 % Lance !
    (it seems I've miss that Kemper session at TOM's ?)
    Can you imagine when I put Kemper through hand wired 50 W (made by JP Le Roux , South Africa ) amp and 150 W of pure Mesa Cab power ?
    That thing is not only LOUD , that things HAS a soul and fantastic sound, somewhere between best Marshall and best Mesa tone .
    Of course , without attenuation (attenuator made by JP as well) I will broke my glass doors and windows. 8)
    And yes , each profiled amp get colored by JP head and mesa cab .
    I like that , because that setup becomes kinda bewitched , transforming it self from Morgan AC20 deluxe to Mesa Mark V 8) , but still trying to keep its own soul .
    Cherry on the top is natural feedback I get (which I like so much , and use a lot)
    That's why I'will keep it .

When I engaged this function a few weeks a go , wah wah effect on tone used to stop almost immediately if I move my foot from it .
    As from yesterday , wah wah effect ,very noticeable , still stays on a good few seconds after moving my foot off .

Any ideas ?

in my case it is opposite ! 8)
    Trainwreck is far a way from muddy sound , but I have to cut both highs and bass side .
    so I have to tweak both EQ's and to decrease highs and bass and than to go to cab section and to adjust cabs EQ 8|

I am talking about two Anderson guitars , both are mahogany body with humbuckers .

maybe it is about pickups , Anderson pickups are famous for their very extremely wide frequency , so I have more bass and more highs than on my "normal" guitars
    mids are there by default , due mahogany wood .

Once again , Kemper is the LIVE thing with fantastic response to guitar used, not some boring digital processor or modeler .
    The role of guitar , wood, pickups etc is far much more bigger than ever thought .
    Each and every profile is completely different if used with different guitars , that's all .
    With above mentioned processors etc, every guitar sounds the same .

Everything well what ends well , enjoy your Kemper !
    I have quite a few guitars , but biggest difference in pups are between Anderson Drop Top with powerful H1/H3 humbuckers and YJM Fender with lowest single pickups output on the world ever . 8o
    Difference between two guitars is so obvious that high gain metal profile played with Drop Top almost becomes nice vintage crunch 8) with YJM Fender ! (keeping everything the same in profile)
    As a reference , YJM input is set on 8 and DT is just above 3 .
    The same difference is much, much bigger with Kemper than with real amp !

Among lots of other fantastic surprises with Kemper , this one is my favored .

One particular profile is not anymore just ONE profile , it becomes 5 profiles if you use 5 different guitars .
    That was your problem , and now it can be advantage, depending how much guitar you will play through that mad device !
    .................................................................................................................................................................................
    Back to original question , I have Event Thyroids 8" studio PC speakers and QSC's 10" monitor .
    Difference is also very notable . .
    I have to do some serious tweaking to make it to sound close , but they still sound different .
    Some profiles simply shine through one , but not so brilliant through another setup .

All of that is then completely different if played through my valve amp and Mesa Cab !!! 8|

The best thing is when I engage them ALL in the same time
    My poor guitar playing sounds like a London Symphonic Orchestra , make me think I know two or three things regarding guitar technique and sound :thumbup:

if you do refer toggle #cc switch number 12 , that's how I did it , exactly .
    (I have only 6 toggle switches ,btw)
    more, on my historical Bigfoot Trex midiot :D pedal , I can define #cc position as a global (for all programs) or individual (just for specific one) , which is nice thing .
    so give it a try , it is nice to see how Kemper stopms get switched on and off by using foots instead of hands.
    hands are for guitar , not for bloody magical device :thumbup: