Posts by Rescator

Don't quite agree that PB is just a Gain .
    I am using it a lot, almost in all of my new rigs , both in Pre stack section and locked in a X slot .
    So, depending on rig it self and amount of existing stomps, PB will have different effect .
    If it is about clean rig- it will just add Volume , some clarity, or better to say sharpness.
    If I add the real Gain on clean profile- it will result in clean profile becoming crunchy or brownish , not clearer and sharper.

But if you add PB before overdrive or booster , it will add a gain , but only in Pre stack section .
    In X slot section it will be just louder , no change in "gain " , gain will stays the same ....

At least this is what I hear when playing with PB.

Main use of PB in my case is to decrease impact of my pretty powerful Anderson pups , so I put and lock PB in B stomp , PB volume is minus something depending of rig , and than add PB in X slot , but plus something to help cutting the mix , and make it more articulative ,if you know what I mean ..
    Just my 2 cents

ps
    on the end PB has just one parameter- Volume , it may tell you something as well...

Without PB my rigs will never be so gooooood !!!
    (it took me 3 years to realise power of this incredibly simple , bur gorgeous effect !
    Thanks Kemper for that.

OK, MW free rig pack is again ready for download .
    Is this the same one which was there few weeks ago?...It looks the same, at least amp/profiles names are exactly the same ?
    Any changes in this new version ?
    Why did the previous version was removed after all?
    Thanks !

MW profiles are fully packed with latent high gain energy ,ready to cut through the mix or for live gig battle .
    One may like it or not, but MW profiles are truly DIFFERENT than any other profiles I tried so far.

I am not saying better or worse , I am saying different.

It looks like I am playing an amp with all control buttons on 11 !
    But still with soul, definition and natural sound of the real tube engine .
    When playing some of them very loud through the real amp -cab , it looks like I am playing solo guitar with Black Sabbath or some of the famous Hair Rock bands right there in my studio .

That feeling cannot be explained, one must to play it, hear it and feel it ....

If talking about Kemper machine possibilities ,and this is the point I am trying to make here, its telling me that our dear commercial profile producers just scratched a bit the real KPA profiling possibilities.

This is my main impression after checking these profiles done by one of the world's most acclaimed producers, MW him self.

Profiling is everything , and seems to be endless in improvements .....Shame I am not producer, I will enjoy so much in this race for the most natural and organic sounds....if you know what I mean.

Good time for KPA will still have to come, just wait a bit , you wouldn't believe ....!

Cheers,
    Zoran

Yeah, thanks for answer Andy .
    I was wondered why Guthrie left Conford, and switch to Victory amps.
    Now I know !
    Here is Guthrie checking out my Red Tom Anderson ,few years ago,.... what an artist and amazing personality , so humble and pleasant character ..
    (sorry for changing a subject , but Guthrie is probably the most known Victory amp user...)

[Blocked Image: http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm38/Zormar/Guthrie%20Govan%20at%20Joburg/IMG_6801.jpg]

Still playing free Victory profiles,thanks Andy , and find them stunning !
    Will buy full pack for sure.
    LP, Strat and Tele profiles are REALLY LP, Strat and Tele -this is amazing !
    I have only Strat , but my another few guitars (Tom Anderson) can sound like a LP and Tele and beyond .
    Another , very ,very interesting findings is that treble (E,B G) strings (on all of my 6 guitars) are sounding more defined , louder and separated than on any other profile or real amp I had tried before.
    Usually , on both real amps and all the rest of profiles ,including rest of the TAF ptofiles, bass strings are sounding bigger and more defined , where treble strings are simply covered and pushed on the side of the mix by bass ones, if you know what I mean , especially when strumming chords with some distortion in .
    In the case of Victory profiles, I can clearly hear G, B and especially E treble string very loud, defined , with lots of fricking sustain , while bas strings , even still well defined and loud - do not over run treble strings in the mix .

This is like I have two different pick ups, one for treble and one , with lower output for bass strings.

Did anyone noticed the same thing ???

(It is so obvious that I played with pick ups height adjustment for a while , thinking something is wrong with pups setup .)

PS
    Question for Andy : does the real Victory amp sound like that as well(in regards of string separation described above) ?

Do not worry , I used to play via valve amp head/cab with cab off function not ticked off for a while ,until Forum helped me . =O
    Sound was terrible.

I spent max 10-20 minutes in total reading KPA manuals in the last 3 years.

Guitarists do not read manuals , that's nothing new.

Greatness of KPA is that one doesn't need to read Manual too much neither.

My Yosemite works flawlessly with Kemper last Rig Manager .
    Strange, I have a feeling RM works better with Yosemite than with Windows 7 on my lap top .
    I do not use USB stick any more ,except for OS update .
    Kemper should consider OS updating via Rig Manager though.

Welcome !

Is there anyone to draw some very simple picture, schematic or similar , and explain what da hell is goin' on ?
    You know, that famous drawings each vacuum cleaner manual has, showing Kemper, cable in , cable out, speaker, amp, cab, whatever ...

Why do you make is so complicated ???
    This simple technical thing, not a false history where everyone have his own point of view.

Dear Moderators ,
    I do not like you (in generally, sorry ;) ) but please do not allow these guys to transform this pleasant , useful and peaceful Forum to something like a TGP or even worse to something so sad and ultimately against free mind like that concentration fractalian forum .

My answer on the OP question /dilemma :
    Fractal is a digital device which sounds and feels when you play it like a DIGITAL device .
    KPA is digital device which sounds like and feels under fingers like you play your guitar through REAL VALVE AMP .

When you close your eyes , and use only your fingers and ears , what is the result ?
    AXE- one can feel and hear DIGITAL device
    KPA - one can feel and hear VALVE AMP .

Case solved , and it is up to you to choose.
    ps
    all of the rest ,those overcomplicated factors, pros , cons, and similar stupidities between two units are for the guys who are not real guitarists, but only tweakers who DO NOT KNOW how and why to play guitar.
    Such a guys deserve Axe.

Everything went fine Gstring , thanks .
    Received email from KPA support , saying I can still order using credit card .
    My status of early bird has not been cancelled , even my two previous Pay Pall orders has been cancelled , or has not been cancelled , which I , to be honest , do not understand pretty well :D
    A little bit weird situation , but anyway, I still have EB status (thanks KPA team) and I can still order via credit card without paying for and receiving 3 Remotes ;) , just one .

All in all, this is all what I was looking for, simple answer .

Cheers,
    Zoran