Posts by almogaver

Sure, but I'd have to remove all CC numbers, not only those, and then I wouldn't be able to control any parameter on the KPA; I could only switch between slots.
    My plan was using 4 CC numbers to switch between the first four slots of each performance (and switching between performances with the buttons on the KPA) and using 4 CC numbers to control the tap tempo, delay on/off and two stomps on/off.

Yes, I also think that is the difference.

The conclusion is that I can't use my MFC5 with the performance mode.

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to turn slots on/off, but to switch between slots (and performances). I'm sending those CC numbers (48 to 54) at once because their status (on=sent / off=not sent) is set globally and, if they are on, they're always active (on=sent) on all presets (foot switches). I mean I can't change the CC numbers status (on/off) per preset; only their values (0 or 127) are set per preset (foot switch).

Thank you for your help, troynova, Trazan and timo :thumbup:

So you press a foot switch and those CC numbers (with a certain value each) are sent along with a PC number at the same time, aren't they?
    What midi controller are you using?

I did the test and the gap when switching between rigs in performance mode certainly only happens when my Axess MFC5 midi foot controller sends more than one midi message at once.

Since on the MFC5 the CC numbers can only be set globally (only their values - 0 or 127 - are set per foot switch), and once set they're available in all the foot switches, the result is the following:
    -If I use CC numbers (48 to 54) to switch between slots/performances, when I press any foot switch I'm sending all CC numbers at once, which causes an annoying gap between rigs making the use of CC numbers to switch rigs useless for me.
    -I can use PC numbers to switch between rigs in performance mode, as long as I don't ever use ANY CC number at all (this isn't handy for me either).

Hi, troynova. Thanks for your post.
    Yep, I know that from the manual; it may be useful to other users or Kemper staff following this thread.

The first part of the text (the part not in bold letters) refers to the CC status per foot switch: OFF = MIDI Control Value 0 and ON = MIDI Control Value 127, as I mentioned in a previous post.

The text in bold letters is an excerpt from the manual's CC#s global configuration. Here is where the eight available CC#s on the MFC5 are set. In particular, I set seven of them to #48 to #54 (48 and 49 to switch between performances and 50 to 54 to switch between slots within a peformance). If I set any CC# to "---", it won't be available anymore in any foot switch, though I have set a value of 127 (ON) in a certain foot switch.

I will definitely perform a test and will remove my CC#s just to make sure that sending several MIDI messages at once (though all of them but one are set to a value of 0) is the cause of the gap when switching between rigs in Performance mode.

Thanks for your help, Trazan.

When I send CC#53 with a value of 127 to activate the 4th slot in Performance mode, CC#52 and #54 should not interfere because their value is 0. In fact, I'm also sending CC#48, #49, #50 and #51 (I guess they are "MIDI Control 1 General Purpose 1 (fine)", "2 (fine)", "3 (fine)" and "4 (fine)" recpectively) but their value is 0 as well.
    When I send PC#1, the CC#s should not interfere either since their value is 0.
    Nonetheless, I also think that may be causing the gap when switching between rigs in Performance mode.

Anyway, AFAIK on my MFC5 I need to setup globally all CC#s that I may use and then activate (value = 127) or deactivate (value = 0) each CC# per foot switch.

Certainly I don't get the gap when switching rigs using the buttons on the KPA. Nonetheless, I don't get any gap either when switching rigs using my Axess MFC5 midi controller in Browse mode.
    I only get the gap using my midi controller in Performance mode. I get the gap either using PC#s (sending only PC#s) or CC#s (sending only CC#s, from #50 to #54).

Try checking what the MFC5 sends out with a midi monitoring utility. Midi-Ox or Snoize.

Hi,

I installed Snoize and this is what my MFC5 midi controller sends when I send a PC#:

23:18:33.283 From MIDI Control 1 General Purpose 1 (fine) 0
    23:18:33.284 From MIDI Control 1 General Purpose 2 (fine) 0
    23:18:33.285 From MIDI Control 1 General Purpose 3 (fine) 0
    23:18:33.286 From MIDI Control 1 General Purpose 4 (fine) 0
    23:18:33.287 From MIDI Control 1 Controller 52 0
    23:18:33.288 From MIDI Control 1 Controller 53 0
    23:18:33.289 From MIDI Control 1 Controller 54 0
    23:18:33.290 From MIDI Program 1 1

And this is what it sends when I send a CC#:

23:18:58.715 From MIDI Control 1 General Purpose 1 (fine) 0
    23:18:58.716 From MIDI Control 1 General Purpose 2 (fine) 0
    23:18:58.717 From MIDI Control 1 General Purpose 3 (fine) 0
    23:18:58.718 From MIDI Control 1 General Purpose 4 (fine) 0
    23:18:58.719 From MIDI Control 1 Controller 52 0
    23:18:58.720 From MIDI Control 1 Controller 53 127
    23:18:58.721 From MIDI Control 1 Controller 54 0

So it seems that when I send a PC# I'm also sending several CC#s, though their value is 0.
    And when I'm sending the CC#53 (value 127), I'm also sending several CC#s with a value of 0.
    Might this be causing the gap when switching rigs in Performance Mode? Anyway, I'm sending the same messages in Browse mode and the switching between rigs is instantaneous in that mode.

Certainly I don't get the gap when switching rigs using the buttons on the KPA. Nonetheless, I don't get any gap either when switching rigs using my Axess MFC5 midi controller in Browse mode.
    I only get the gap using my midi controller in Performance mode. I get the gap either using PC#s (sending only PC#s) or CC#s (sending only CC#s, from #50 to #54).

Thanks for your input, Ingolf. I'm relieved to know that the switching should be seamless both in Browse and Performance modes.

However, yes, in my case the gap is way too long. In Performance mode, whenever I switch between rigs with my Axess MFC5 midi controller (either using PC#s or CC#s), I get a bump in the sound and then a sound cut prior to getting the right sound from the selected rig. Anyone experiencing the same behaviour?

I should be able to select all preformances within a bank by just sending PC#:

Did anybody do this with success?

Not me. I'm just sending PC#'s and the KPA jumps to the last browse mode rig no matter what. I'm using an Axess MFC5 midi controller.

EDIT: I've realized that I was sending CC#'s along with PC#'s. Now I got rid of the CC#'s and the midi control of KPA Performance mode works as expected.

Hi brusky

Please enable reception of private messages on your profile. You have sent me a PM, but I can't send you my reply because "user does not want to receive messages".