Posts by crankyrayhanky

I'm planning on doing a session with my Mesa mPulse> Ampeg 4x14 & Ampeg 1x15
    I have a few decent mics to use as well, a 57, a condenser, a ribbon
    Live it's a fantastic inspirational tone...let's see if I can do it any justice...probably in the next week

I just landed a BB+ a few weeks ago and love it. As thrilled as I am with the kemper Amps, the green screamer is not as impressive...I was hoping at some point there would be updates on the boost "pedals", perhaps even a way to profile just a pedal? That would be insane!

^cool, I'll have to try that cab out. There's another guy who uploaded a handwired JTM recently, cool stuff. On my JTM I dialed in lots of mids and decreased the Highs...credit goes to Kemper pal Pete Turley, it's his mod from years ago

I think the Kemper nailed this Camerock...I'll post it up later today/tonight
    Just as interesting, the cab tones I got today were way cool. Same spot as last week, in my garage using a Naked Eye Ribbon, but the placement difference is huge. I actually tried to get it around the same spot right up 1 or 2" from the grille near the center. Maybe the Orange tones seeped into the cab (?) IDK, but today's cab sounds very Orangey, matches great with any Marshallish tones. I slapped it on my Fish from last week and it was very much improved.

I did add in (2) new 6L6s to go along with the (2)el34s...but I imagine the placement nuances are the biggest impact. Is there amp seepage on the cabs? How does any of this work anyway, some serious Roswell technology going on, lol

Anyone have a tip on how to save my cabs to usb? I know how to save on my Kemper, but for instance, I downloaded a bunch of TillS cabs- how can I/where is the cab option during the file transfer process?

Rock on Kemperites :thumbup:

Thanks! I got blasted with a 2star rating, but I'm really digging the tones. I find almost every profile sounds decent if you mix up the cabs.
    I just landed on Saturday a Salvation Stonerverb (Orange Rockerverb) & Camerock (Cameron) that slay...that Camerock has the most intense "feel" of any amp I ever played, should be a good challenge for the Kemper. The nuances are insane.
    Due today is a JF Trilogy (5150>5153) and a return of the Gigmods SL+. Yes, this should be a summer of profiling for me :P

I heard others having fun with this method. I assume once the amp is profiled, you can then attach a different (better) cab.
    I tried this using my rm20. The sound was horrifying (expected) but even worse, the profile was unable to create (too noisy)

Any tips for this method? I think I'm missing something here. :?:

Great info, thanks!

I have a few days off from work, so I'll just keep profiling...

After much jamming, I'm realizing my best hi gain cabs are the 2 Garage ones from 6-6-12 that have the Naked Eye Ribbon and (2) 57s

The one is pretty balanced while the one with NEYE in caps is more mixed with that Eye in the forefront (a little warmer)

The ones I've done in my tile room today (Deluxe, Blackface, Tweed, JTM) suck at anything gainy, but sound real good on the cleans

There's a Deluxe I did today that is real inspirational for soloing..after a week of failed profiles, I'm finally somewhat happy!

note: if I listed SOLO, chances are it will sound inadequate for most rhythm/full chordal work

I think I slapped on some obvious Kemper delays after the profile to help alert you...cool fx in the Kemper, very inspiring, feel free to switch the fx up since I didn't spend much time there

That JTM jazzy neck is a tone I like to use with my guitar tone rolled back, cool smooth tones

In general, I'm sure I use to much gain on everything, lol

Last night (6-6-12) I profiled mostly hi gain stuff with my LP out in the garage- treated with aurelex and rugs.
    Today I profiled a bunch of cleaner modules with a Ribbon mic and my strat in a bedroom- hi ceilings, tile floor, area rug, oversized vertical Mesa 2x12. The amp had el34s- ideally i would have used 6L6s but not available today.
    All the modules were from our kemper friend Pete Turley. His ear for these tones is outstanding. Hopefully I captured some cool tones...
    Blackface
    Deluxe
    Tweed
    JTM

I just uploaded a bunch based off the mts system

I used a BB+ (no gain setting) for a clean boost to give some edge

I also made profiles of different combinations of mics: (2) Shure 57, Naked Eye Ribbon, and an at4047

I uploaded 1 clean based off a Deluxe that literally came out of the mail carrier's hands and into the setup, lol

I would recommend changing out the cab on that for the Pete Turley open back Fender

Late nighters: enjoy! :thumbup:

A quirk I found- I neglected to properly tag all of the data forms in my initial profiles- once uploaded you can edit many of the boxes, but the authors are locked in...I assume this is to avoid people taking each other's cabs and stealing the credit. However, in my case I profiled my own cabs and forgot to change the tag from the original patch (which is now completely overwritten), so now it is locked in with 2 other people (Pete & Till) mistakenly attached to my profile. Once uploaded you can edit many of the boxes, but not the names, they do not stick on the save.

I have some decent tones, but it drives me crazy seeing other names on my work, not for the ego, but for accuracy, I want to know which cabs are which...I guess I'll be forced into trying to creat even better cab profiles to solve this headache

I'm using lots of mics too: Naked Eye Ribbon, at4047, (2) 57s...I wish I could retag my completed work ?(