Posts by crankyrayhanky

ch3, Blue Aggression mode, Contour set to 3D, Bright On Fat On

57 on Mesa os vertical 2x12> ua 610

https://drive.google.com/open?…xskKVFU2WHI4V_qwbjj1nquju

this is placing the above Mesa 57 CAB onto a previous profile

https://drive.google.com/open?…1F-6eafzMsMKg6PQEmeUP1ntB

here's the "previous profile" 57 onto a Emi Legend. The Mesa v30 is so much better, but wanted you to hear this for reference

https://drive.google.com/open?…6vzo_PkJa4arhgEbj2O4aiz0U

I have a powered Kemper

Can I send that mono powered out to my 2x12 as stomp & stack only, then send the main outputs wet with delay/verb to 2 more cabs LR stereo?

Is this an option (?)

I really wish it had powered stereo out options for wet LR. You know, for Madison Square Garage :)

I did some a few years ago. It gets trickier as more variables come into play and-as always- it is just a snapshot of that rig at that moment.
    It came out pretty cool, but moving forward I tend to like simpler 1 amp setups and then multitrack different performances with different amps

Are we talking about the same thing here?I assume the player took his amp and went into a TNL type of unit that housed IR...then put that into the Kemper to profile it.
    Is that really much different than amp into cab with a microphone? Based on the outcry here, I guess so?

I thought the original Author's name was baked into the info somewhere as well, unable to change.

Oh, I see now, the way many people are doing it is to buy the IR and then reformat that into a Kemper file. That is different than what I thought was happening...not sure why that wasn't clarified or maybe it doesn't matter

Are you serious? You're not allowed to use commercial IR's in a profile and then post them online. I know you used to sell Kemper profiles. Would it be cool if I took one of your profiles, changed the name, and then shared it here? Think about it.

Are we talking about the same thing here?
    I assume the player took his amp and went into a TNL type of unit that housed IR...then put that into the Kemper to profile it.
    Is that really much different than amp into cab with a microphone? Based on the outcry here, I guess so?

I thought the original Author's name was baked into the info somewhere as well, unable to change.

I would argue against this idea that using an IR in a profile is wrong. If it's being processed into a Kemper profile, how is that any more sacred than the amp itself? Too bad for future users, this was a real nice set.

Well there's a lot of really cool delays, but I don't see anything with Oil in the name.
    Though definitely a huge step up from a few years ago!

For the Dimension C sound, Micro Pitch seems to do the trick tonewise...though I do miss the simplicity of 1 2 3 4 buttons lol
    Love this mixed underneath during solos, gives an awesome magical shimmer

This is how I've been rolling:

STOMP Higher Gain tones
    Gate>Wah>OD>Phaser

STOMP Clean tones
    Compressor>Wah>OD>Phaser

Effects
    Studio EQ>Flanger or MicroChorus> Delay>Reverb

The EQ is the thing that's usually always ON, the others come and go as needed

That’s of course if you can actually (blind) HEAR those subtleties on the mic.

I think the differences in the character or individual speakers and speaker cabs have a lot more to do with liking one over another than the actual number of speakers.

I generally don’t like the sound of 10’s for bass guitar, for example, but I’ve heard a particular 6x10 that sounded terrific. And yet the same company’s 8x10 didn’t sound anywhere near as good.
    THat doesn’t mean by any means mean I like 6x10’s better than 8x10’s in general. Just that this ONE cab and speaker combination was special.

Wow. I thought a 4x10 or a 2x10 was basically a staple for Bass cabs, with 1 x15 being a nice addition. And the 8x10s I encountered were AWESOME, though that may have more to do with the sheer power of it all. I'll defer to you though- If you fall I will catch you Time After Time!

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with a lot of the thoughts here. On paper you could assume the differences are meaningless, but in practicality, it matters. Cab size, cab type, room, what else is in your room, all of it. I tend to blast my amps loud and close mic with a 57; I hear big differences there so you'll definitely hear differences in any other application such as more distant approaches.

How about a sub folder system?
    Maybe keep a couple of the normal TAP delays in the main list and put the rest in a folder called something like Delay fx
    I need to scroll through so many delays to get to the EQ and Flanges (and xRay custom saved patches that start with x)

Kemper Rules! Thanks! :thumbup:

I have a TNL & a Kemper.

They both sound fantastic! Depending on the day, I think one chain is better than the other, but the real truth is either would work well for my hi gain stuff.
    I tend to use the Kemper more, but I recently used the Kemper di out into amp> TNL to record 2 simultaneously; a hi gain patch along with a lower gain patch, then phase correct it in the DAW. THAT sounded HUGE.

Oh, I'm off track...OP, try more/get better profiles

I had a fx8 to compare to Kemper

fx8 delays, reverbs, etc are OUTSTANDING. truly world class. I had Kemper 4 years ago and recently came back. With the latest updates, I think Kemper may be right there with fx8, even if falls short the difference is not great and Kemper delays now sound amazing and plenty good enough to inspire and deliver on stage & studio.

Here is a difference many do not realize with fx8/ax8: the spillover has limitations. Each block has an a/b version of say the delay. If you switch to a patch within that group the spillover may not work or even worse make a weird ziiiipy sound. I was able to program and get creative to make things work for my set, but compare that to Kemper- there is no compromises, all delay spillover stuff is there and it is amazing and clean on the switches. The Kemper remote is sooo flexible it is a joy to use.

Another negative for fx8 is the footprint. I had that unit in a hard gator case and it was a bit of a beast to lug around, especially up a flight of steps + tube amp+ 4cm snake. Amazing tones, but portability of the Kemper is vastly superior. And I actually think the tones are better- I can surgically eq my amps and have all that spillover stuff.

+ Kemper Chief seems like a cool dude.

Kemper FTW!