Posts by GuyTarero

Salut Fabien,

Je ne sais pas te répondre concernant tes choix, mais comme l'a dit MrVivz, je te recommande aussi les packs de M.Britt
    Il a mis sur Rig Exchange un rig : 72 Marshall NEW 2 que tu peux récupérer.

Tu peux toujours me joindre hors forum à l'adresse : laurent point clacson at free point fr

A+,

Before submitting a ticket to support, I would like to get some advice first.

I installed version 3.0.1.10908B

I picked a rig from Rig Exchange called : 1963 Fender Tremulox w 57 mic

It has a green scream OFF in slot A.

I wanted to replace the green scream by a compressor .
    For that purpose, I performed a long play on "A" button and then
    using the "Type" button i changed it to "compressor" (without changing any setting for compressor).

But now the sound is saturated, as if a part of the green scream was still active.
    (I noticed that when turning the Type button, the A slot becomes active)

I also , started from the orginal rig, could add a compressor on stom B without getting any distortion.

Anybody noticed such a behavior ? Is it the expected one ?

Thanks for your feedback,

Last week, i had to replace the battery of my midi moose.
    After that, I could not use it anymore, i thought it was my midi cable, but it was not.
    After reading the manual, i saw that i accidentally changed the midi moose midi channel by pressing the "Up" button
    when replacing the battery
    Its midi channel is the blinking number after powering on the unit.
    After settiing on the kemper the same midi channel, all was fine.
    I think it was set to omni on the KPA by default, but i'm not 100% sure

Hope this helps,
    Laurent

Salut fabien,si tu veux restorer les presets d'usine, c'est faisable depuis la touche "SYSTEM" ,en navigant dans les pages tu trouveras une option dans le style "factory rigs", c'est page 1 normalement

Tu trouveras également sur le site http://www.kemper-amps.com, dans la rubrique "support", puis "DOWNLOADS"; des packages de rigs fournis par kemper: il te suffit de sélectionner product=KPA et category=Rig Packs, de télécharger le .zip correspondant en cliquant sur "Download".
    Une fois téléchargé, tu dois décompresser le .zip pour voir les rigs ( fichiers .kipr) contenus dans le .zip.tu pourras alors à ta convenance :

- soit les mettre sur une clef usb formatée par le kpa, dans le répertoire "Shared"
    - soit les importer depuis le Rig Manager.

Ps: pour pouvoir télécharger des données(firmware ou rigs) depuis le site kemper, il te faut etre connecté avec ton loggin et ton mot de passe.

I've got a dxr8 that i use both at home and with the band ( 2 guitars, 1 bass, drums and 1 singer playing rock covers)

at bedroom level , the sound is very good ( for me)
    at "live" level, i use it at les than half of its power, also very good sound Quality(for me and other band members)

in my opinion you can use it the way i do, you won't be disapointed

Hi,

I already opened a ticket for this defect, but i'd like to know wether the problem comes from my profiler only or not.

I've got about 50 rigs on my profiler (noticed this defect since version 2.7.0), in browser mode, i select "All Rigs" and "Sorted By Author".

When i reach the bottom of the "Authors list", after pushing the button below "RIG" , close to the guitar input,
    if i continue to push this button, i see some corrupted text in the temporary window with "By Author" in black.

Here is a short video here : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…9/VID_20141116_222329.3gp

I'd be interested in knowing if some of you can reproduce this defect.

Thanks a lot,

The kipf files stored into the performances directory of a backup, once their extension changed to .kipr, can be imported into rig manager

The displayed tags correspond to the ones of the last rig used in the last slot of a performance

so if the comment tag for example , of this rig contains the performance name, it can be used to sort performances by name
    ( but it should be changed from the kpa before generating the backup)

once renamed and imported in rig manager, the tags of this "false" rig file should not be changed

when using the "export rigs" capability from rig manager, the performance will be restored containing all original slots/rigs

not very convenient/useful, but i thought i would share this with you

Thanks Grorig,

After setting the pedal1 type to type1 (I tried with type 2 during my experiments), i succeeded to use both wah and volume :

- when disabling the wah, it takes about 4 secondes to be able to control the volume.
    - when volume pedal range is greater than 0, the volume control does not work.
    - when volume pedal range is lower than 0, the volume control does work.

In fact , i was expecting to find the same volume i had before activating the wah, when i disable it, i need to
    understand why when volume pedal range is greater than 0, the volume control does not work, and thus read the fabulous manual.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Thank you all,

I don't get better reults :

What is strange is that even if i disable the wah, i can not control volume, it is always stuck to the maximum value.

Should the pedal1 type be Wah Wah ?
    I have the feeling that as long as pedal1 type is Wah Wah, i can not control the volume, even if i change the D slot type from Wah to nothing, still no volume control.

Changing the volume range in the rig menu didn't give me better results.

If you've got a working rig for this use case to share....i'm ready, otherwise i will open a ticket to support.

Thanks again for your help and feedback,

Hi,

Thank you for your help,

I tried using the 2 expression pedals i've got (boss fv500-H and a m-audio m-gear ex-p), they both react the same way with the following settings,( with no success) :

- Pedal 1 type 1 (also tried using type 2) , Wah Wah
    - WahPedal to Vol. checked
    - Pedal Mode : On/Off
    - Volume location: pre - effects
    - the vol pot on the side of the pedal, is set to minimum position (for FV500-H)

What I observe:
    - when wah slot (D) is ON, i can use the wah, no problem
    - when wah is off , no volume change :
    - when going to page 3/4(Volume pedal setting) of the RIG menu, i can see that the Pedal value is still indicating wah and not volume
    - when going to page 6/9 of the SYSTEM menu, i can see that CC01 (expression) is changing, but CC07 (Volume) is always stuck at the maximum

Hi,

I want to use my Boss FV500-H expression pedal , connected to pedal1 input, to control :

- Wah when wah in stomp D is ON
    - Volume when stomp D is OFF (volume location post effects)

I tried without any success ( ?( ) the following settings :

In System menu
    page 4 : Pedal 1 (type 2) : Volume (or Wah ?)
    page 6 : checked WahPedal to Vol.

In Slot D, a Wah stomp with Pedal Mode : Bypass @ stop

Anybody willing to help me to find the good settings (if this can be achieved) ?

Thanks a million :thumbup:

Salut,

j'ai voulu essayer la fonction transpose pour jouer un morceau 1 ton en dessous de la tonalite d'origine
    je suis parti d'un rig contenant un ampli avec un son clair, puis j'ai selectionne pour le slot A la fonction transpose , et mis la valeur du pitch a -2
    aucun effet utilise, ni reverb, niveau du noise gate au minimum, dernier firmware 2.7
    Ca a l'air de fonctionner mis a part que le volume semble osciller lorsque je joue, avez vous eu l'occasion de tester transpose ? Observez vous le meme comportement concernant le volume ?

merci de vos retours,
    laurent

Hello,

While this feature is not implemented, you can always save the tags you often use in either a text file or an OpenOffice or Excel sheet
    so that you can perform some copy/paste from this sheet to Rig Manager tags instead of typing them manually

Bye,

Hi sveto,

A long time ago, I wrote a python based tag editor that I stopped maintaining.
    It was possible to process excel sheets containing rig tags (and thus it was easy under Excel to change rig names like you want)

I kept a link to a doc i wrote here : https://docs.google.com/presen…P3_YhJxw/edit?usp=sharing
    The doc is also available in my signature

I must tell you that it is not so easy to install (it is required to install python 2.7.x on a PC) but when i was using it, i was able to process thousands of rigs.

In the case you are interested, here is the dropbox link :
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…749/kpa_tag_inspector.zip

If you don't succeed to have it running , i can try to perform what you want to achieve if i can get access to thes epatches through dropbox for example.

Waiting to hear from you,

Salut MrVivz,

Je ne suis pas un expert en la matière, mais voici mon expérience :

- D'abord le matos : je joue sur une strat US standard, et j'amplifie les sons du KPA avec 2 sources possibles (je n'en utilise qu'une seule à la fois) :
    -QSC K8
    - Yamaha DXR8

En répétition, c'est pareil, je n'emporte que l'un des 2, poids oblige (le 2eme me sert en concert si le bassiste veut avoir ma guitare)

- Maintenant le son avec les presets (d'usine) :
    - concernant les sons clairs par exemple, je me rappelle d'un preset nommé "FAN Clean2" ou quelque chose comme ca. Il ne m'est apparu bon que lorsque :
    - j'y ai ajouté un compresseur avec lequel j'ai boosté le volume du preset.
    - j'ai réglé les paramètres d'entrée "Clean sense" sur 0 et "Distortion Sense" sur -6) : j'ai d'ailleurs conservé(vérrouillé) ces valeurs pour tous les sons.

Je dois dire que aussi bien avec le K8 que le DXR8, je suis satisfait du son, autant en répétition, qu'à la maison.
    Le seul truc, c'est que comme en répétition on joue bien plus fort que je ne le fais à la maison, j'ai modifié l'égalisation en sortie du KPA(ah oui, j'utilise la sortie monitor out du kpa), en boostant les medium, et j'ai sauvé ca comme un preset.
    Du coup à la maison je joue avec l'égalisation par défaut, et en répétition, je bascule sur mon preset special répétition

Avant d'acquérir les K8 et DXR8, je jouais à la maison sur 2 enceintes de monitoring yamaha pas chères achetées il y a plus de 10 ans, mais le ressenti était tout autre, j'avais l'impression que le son n'était pas bon, mais les gouts et les couleurs...

Cependant, je dois dire que j'ai besoin d'un certain niveau de sortie pour me faire plaisir, meme à la maison.

Voilà quelle est mon expérience,