Posts by GuyTarero

Hi,

After reading the doc, i was able to filter rigs using series of "+"
    Now my questions :
    1 are there some not yet documented other filtering capabilities ?
    2 is it planned to deliver some extended filtering capabilities such as and, or between tags ? I think this was already asked in an other thread

Thanks for the feedback,

Sorry if this was already asked : i'm currently using version 2.3.1 of the FW (and the Rig Manager under Win8.)

Everything is working fine, except that when changing rig in Browse mode (either manually or from the Rig manager) I can see that the midi program number that is displayed in the bottom right corner of the display of the kpa is not always updated or sometimes not displayed at all

For example , if RigA has program number 1 and rigB program number 2 , when going from rigA to rigB, the displayed midi program number often stays stuck at 1.
    And when it changes correctly from 1 to 2, then when going back to RigA, it often disappears from the display.

I didn't check when using the rig manager, if in this case rigA and rigB can get the same program number...

Anybody noticed this ?

Thanks for your feedback

PS : By the way, this Rig Manager is a fantastic tool

Hi,

Waiting for this feature to be implemented, here is some kind of workaround ( in browse mode)

if you already performed some midi assignments, at the root of a backup, you should find a file "MIdiAssignments.xml
    You can edit it, change program numbers.

It is an xml file, and thus can be edited, the lines look the following one :

<slot num="7" name="">{DOCUMENTS}/KemperAmp/Rigs/Fischers Sold 100 - 2011-10-07 17-03-42.kipr</slot>

Here "7" is the program number, and "Fischers Sold 100 - 2011-10-07 17-03-42.kipr" is the associated rig.

So if XX is the midi program number and YY is the rig file name you can add the following line in this file :

<slot num="XX" name="">{DOCUMENTS}/KemperAmp/Rigs/YY.kipr</slot>

I noticed that when restoring the factory rigs , such a file is created, it can be used as a starting point.

I personally have several files like this one (rock.xml, heavy.xml, clean.xml, crunch.xml) . When i want for instance all my rock rigs, i copy rock.xml as midiassignments.xml , then i restore the backup and as a results, i find my rock rigs having the midi program number defined like in rock.xml

It would be cool from the rig manager to be able to create such files and to upload them to the kpa and then being able to choose
    One of them from the kpa to be the midiassignments.xml file

Salut Renaud,

J'ai vraiment aimé ton dernier enregistrement "FatLizzy" .
    Concernant ta question quant à continuer les "digest", cela dépend du temps dont tu disposes car de mon coté, cela me permet après écoute de me focaliser sur tel ou tel rig, car je ne les teste pas tous, et je ne sais pas si le rig manager changera les choses pour moi, meme s'il permet d'écouter un rig sans le charger dans le kpa.

Réalises tu tes enregistrements via spdif, ou autre ? avec quel matos ?

A+,

I should have posted this in the feature request section , but ...From my side, i would like to be able from the rig manager

- in performance mode:
    - browse rigs by midi program number when i have no foot controller attached to my kpa ( and this even from the kpa)
    - create some files, (the equivalent of the already existing midiassignments.xml file in the backups) containing some lists of rigs, each having a midi program number : as a consequence i could get some set lists ( rock, blues, pop,...) that i could upload on the kpa depending on my needs

It would be practical also to be able to create such files for performances arrangements in..performance mode

If some of my requests are already feasible, please let me know, i'm certainly not using the performance mode at its full potential

Thanks,

As a mac user, even if i need to wait more than a pc user, i'm pleased to know that there will be a mac version

On an other hand, what bothers me is that (when i extracted tags from most of rig exchange rigs using my tag editor, but you can also see this from RE pages ) we , as a community didn't agree (yet) on a way to properly tag our rigs

This results in sometimes some dozens of different tags for the same amp, and it does not make easy to find all rigs for one single amp

As an example, for marshall amps, you can find : Mar, mars, marsh, marsha, marshal, marshall,.....

Ideally it would be good to agree on a few rules about some tags naming , and to be able to re-tag some rigs

This would make things easier, that's my 2 cents, but also a lot of work
    We'd better spend our energy in improving things rather than criticizing kemper team

Your feedback ?

Ciao,

Hi,

During rehearsals, I have no real time to tweak my sounds since our time is limited, and i'm not fully satisfied with the sound i get from my signal chain.
    Of course, i know it depends a lot from my hands, the room, and other parameters such like the level(dB) of other instruments, Fletcher-Munson stuff and so on...

We are a 5 boys band including 1 singer, 1 bass player, 1 drum player and 2 guitarists.
    We cover some classical tunes ranging from The Beatles to System of a down , Red Hot Chili Peppers,...

So I'd like to try other members patches tweaked for gig level :
    I'm searching only 3 sounds , no more for the moment: Clean, Crunch and Distortion

So if you get a similar signal path to mine (Standard American strat + KPA + Yamaha DXR10) , could you please let me try some of your patches ?
    And let me know what are the settings used on the yamaha ?

Thanks a lot !!

Thanks little_harry, i tried with no success.

But i found a workaround (this won't tell me which rig was corrupted if this was the issue) :

1 - I restored from Maurizio70's backup
    2 - I removed all rigs but Favourites and MyRigs from system menu
    3 - I removed the remaining rigs
    4 - I restored the factory rigs through system menu

5 - Pffffff, i'm happy now, i can see all factory rigs
    It would be good to have a backup with at least no rig inside, (no effect, stomp, cabinet,stacks,...if possible also and being able to restore from it and then update kpa from factory rigs or firmware update)

Laurent :):):)

Thanks for the help :

When I push the Rig button while powering on the kpa, during the check of rigs, i get the first crash (first attached picture in the previous mail)

But i can see a message "Checking rigs XXX of 435", then the crash occurs, so i certainly have a corrupted rig ( i sent the backup to support)

After this, hitting the "Exit" button i get no rig available

Is there a way to delete all the stomps, effects, rigs,...so that i can restart from scratch ?

Once again, thanks for your help,

Laurent