Posts by ET

Ok, thanks...I thought this was the only way...

In this situation with running the Kemper as a head - do you need to set the impedance manually to match the cab? If so do you know where this is found in the menu?

Hi, if you're using the Kemper as a powerhead then you connect its speaker out to a cab (or cab sim loadbox) I'm using the latter.

I understand if not using the Kemper as a powerhead then no need for a load. But I am using it as such and running it to a cab sim unit. Either way, I'm not sure how people aren't concerned about the wattage output of the thing (600W!)

Hi
    I almost fried my loadbox forgetting that the Kemper powrhead is rated to 600W output.
    How does one get this under control?
    No cabinet can withstand that amount of power I thought, so the danger of frying the load remains high.

Also, couldn't find this in the manual - does the impedance of the head need to be manually set or will it be suitable for any cab between 8-16ohm?

Hi
    I'm facing a similar issue now.

I am trying to re-amp through SPDIF. I have successfully recorded the dry track (through setting Output to SPDIF Git Studio). I am also able to send this dry signal back to the kemper (with its Input on SPDIF Input Reamp) and can hear whatever rig I have selected in Kemper play through the Kemper headphone out. HOWEVER, as soon as I want to actually re-amp and therefore change the Output on Kemper from SPDIF Git Studio to SPDIF Master Stereo, I get high pitched feedback noise!!

From what I understand the idea is the Output of my dry track in Logic is sending the signal back to the Kemper - but isn't it meant to since the Kemper receives Input from SPDIF Input Reamp?

For example above, when you say you sent the dry signal to MixControl's DAW7 and DAW8 channels and MixControl sends DAW8 to interface out, doesn't this go back to Kemper through its SPDIF in? (by the way I am not using MixControl, my interface is Metric Halo ULN2).

any help much appreciated, thank you!