Posts by Stevoe

No worries, Steve, my pleasure really. I just hope we'll all help to get this sorted out.

Getting warmer...I do leave in the UK :)

Ha ok so I was on the right path anyway... I haven't lived there for over 20 years... getting warmer in Finland too, but very slowly.. it'll be winter again soon,,, :thumbdown:

Prima vista... I'm getting really confused trying to figure out which country you are living in.... you say mate like me (from the uk originally) but you write a little different ... I thought, Germany, Italy, or the US...

I'll have to check more with the headphones after recording a little...

thanks for your time buddy...

Thanks man, this song actually wasn't planned at all.. I plugged in the guitar, strummed a bit, found an old drum track I made with AD and didn't have any words, so it was all done in one take... and I left it that way as it sounded a bit like an old recording.. I'll have to try the spdif... do you mean you don't let any effects go onto your tracks to start with. I didn't mind the reverb sound on the "chorus" parts, but the guitars were pretty quiet in the rest and i didn't mess with the track, so the whole track got whatever I put on it, not parts of the track apart from the very end which I had to make seperatly (can't spell) so it sounded different to the rest... thanks for your input..

steve

ps. yes thats what I meant.. I don't really seem to hear the same tones when I play back... I ber there's sometihng I'm just missing.... maybe because the headphones and monitors don't give a true rep of the sound thats being recorded....

I'll ask you the same question then if Johnny Depp has left the building... do you find that the sound from the recording monitors is the same as you hear on playback after recording...because I don't find I can get a good reproduction through my Yamaha monitors straight from the KPA.... 8o

Lol!!
    Sorry man, I'm everything but an expert when it comes to recording. I use the most primitive methods imaginable, myself...
    But from what I see, the guys will be on it soon!

On a sidenote: That "Dammit i'm maD" thingy would go well with my avatar! 8o

Put it on your pic somewhere...:)

OK people

http://soundcloud.com/stevoe/gotta-tellya

Here's a track... I'm aware the bass drum and whole drum track is a little prominent and could be mixed better, suggestions welcome... BUT couldn't get the main guitar tracks to be prominent... I used the DIV 13 D1 profile and changed the cab setting a little.. added this and that in Reaper, freq cuts here and there and a little boost here and there...

please let me know what you hear in the mix that I could do to make the guitars stand out better... it's pretty much a vintage sound I was after but I think I could get that with any profile if I messed with it, if you listen to the white stripes, black keys with their weak old guitar tone. (that we all love) how did they get them to stand out so well.....

Thank you Kemperers.....

steve

Reaper, fast track pro, cheap Squier standard Tele (stock), reapers eq for cutting, ozone 5, demos of psp warmers etc.... and a big headache.

I have always had a problem with playing whilst monitoring the "recorded" cab sound, with all modellers etc, and the same with the KPA. The sound is excellent, but I just cannot get on with it as I need the "amp in the room" sound when I'm playing.

But now of course, that's all changed. I use the monitor out with cab off into an FET amp into a real guitar cab and listen to the "real" guitar amp in the room, but I record the sound from the KPA main outs. Happy at last. :)...... and I also sometimes record the dry direct guitar sound too just in case I want to re-amp later.

Hey again Jon.. did you find that the you couldn't get a decent sound out of your recording monitors... I get the playback sound after recording similar to the kemper but not a good sound out of the recording monitors if I listen while recording .... :cursing:

No I kept the mids... I think the prob might be that I'm getting the sound I want in headphones as I can blas things here... and maybe thats why playback isn't so good... I'll try a quiet but through the monitors track tonight and see if it sounds better...

I haven't been able to get a good sound from my monitors in the past, it doesn't sound very good at all like i hear in the videos on youtube...

thanks

steve

To be honest, I too am satisfied with my guitar sound directly from KPA (usually s/pdif out, and some other times with my G system on the effects loop and the direct outs). I have rarely done any post processing on the guitar tracks, they are most of the times as I want them to be.

Could you tell me exactly your recording path.. levels and everything please... funny but I always preferred my boss br's recorded sounds better than reaper when I first tried reaper..

I'm starting to figure out that I can't get a good loud, crisp guitar tone... like the blues ones for example on soundcloud.... my addictive drum tracks sound good, clear and crisp and powerful... but the guitar just doesn't seem to.. tried the other guitar too... these guitars sound fine through amps... and great in the headphones from the kemper... there must be something that I am not doing right or well... I asked Daniel Domino fro soundcloud about his Blues Test KPA track... he said nothing much was done, just kemper - interface and DAW... I really wonder what the heck I am doing wrong... I go kemper to m audio fast track pro to computer.... and reaper... I wish it was easier, I find myself searching youtube and the net a lot trying to figure things out :) :cursing:

Thank you man, really...

and thanks for your time, it's easy for me to click and add...but it took longer for you, thanks :)

going to play them now

steve 8)

Already done by another company, mate 8)
    Not necessarily with perfect results (pretty decent IMHO), but someone is alredy there.

Hey man, could you send me a link to the headphones you are talking about... I can find sims for headphone recording but not that actual headphone or the name of any... :love:

I think I really am stating to play with the amps and not play much guitar... the honeymoon has to end somewhere...

I've noticed that a lot of amps can be made to sound about the same so I don't find a lot of different tones in there... the blackface dimed really does have it's own sound, and the recto 3.. I find that changing cabs and using the cab eq section really helps sculpt the tone more than changing amps...

People might have a couple of problems with the Kemper but I can't praise it enough, I mean if you have a mic'd amp cranked, I'm sure it's hard to get a smooth noise free tone through the mic and cables etc etc...plus feedback, tone reflections, deafness :)

"....needs to invent a pair of headphones that will translate well to a speaker mix... he copied all the amps so now he can copy all the rooms, speakers, sound dampenings (is that a word) he can copy all that and get it to translate like speakers but in headphone... I know he can"

Already done by another company, mate 8)
    Not necessarily with perfect results (pretty decent IMHO), but someone is alredy there.

Oh really... I'll have to search for those..

It's absolutely necessary to have at least 2000 profiles, and 5000 speaker choices...

I don't enjoy playing anymore, I just enjoy looking at the thousands of Euros worth of amps I have and that makes me happy :!: :D :!: