Posts by Steeldom

:thumbup: Thats just plain awesome. A pre-amp stomp, that can raise the post-amp volume. Perfect!

Since this got a lot of response in the footswitch thread, I thought I'd open a dedicated thread for this purpose. So the options could be:

- Volume Boost
    - Gain Boost (Pre and/or post)
    - Delay (and reverb) boost
    - maybe even EQ
    - assignable to rig/bank/global

Just to be complete, as I already said in the other thread. I think a volume boost, that can be set to global is the smartest and easiest solution, that would probably make 95% percent of us happy.
    Everything else would be nice but can easily be done with the internal effects and/or a rig change.

EDIT: The feature will come, so this is not needed anymore ;)

This "super boost" is a classic case for a rig change, isn't it?

If you play your own music and manly have one solo-sound, yes. If you play covermusic and have a wide variety of sounds, in which you also want to play a solo (you wouldn't want to play a ac/dc solo with a metallica solo sound, would you?), then you'd have to programm a solo-rig for each and every sound you have. "Super-boost" would allow you to take each sound into a solo.

Yeah, thats a nice idea! The boost value could have a few parameters like

- Volume boost (should be independent of the amp volume, in case someone has risen it to full)
    - Gain boost (you could e.g. invent a "solo-gain-boost" effect, which you could set up at this point (with gain/bass/mids/treble) and its automatically activated by every gain value above 0.0)
    - Delay boost (a smart combination of feedback and mix increase at the same time, i trust you, you'll do it very good :thumbup: . And every value above 0.0 automatically activates the delay.)
    - will affect: "each rig individually"/"each bank individually"/"global"

That would still be pretty slim and easy to use, but still a lot of options for different users.
    Personally I think the most important part is the volume boost. If I still need more gain and delay ( or any delay at all) I don't have a problem, switching a few more buttons. But a global volume boost is something I would appreciate!

And to make christmas perfect you could add one knob to your footcontroller, that controlls this solo-boost (only the volume, since its the most important). So if you're in the middle of a gig, in the middle of the heat, you step on the boost, it's terribly loud or you don't hear it at all. A quick kneeldown, quickly turn the knob, problem solved. :thumbup:

I only wonder about one thing: should the boost stay activated if you switch to a different rig? I'm not sure, sometimes I'd say yes, sometimes no.
    Or should its status be saved within a rig, so you could make one rig your "solo" patch with it already activated?
    Any ideas?

I think your friend totaly missunderstoud the whole point of the kemper. YES it captures the sound of tube amps, but the kemper would be nothing, if it wasn't for great tube amps. So unlike modeling gear, like line 6 or the axe-fx, it rather appreciates and helps those good old amps. Of course not everyone will want to buy a tube amp to profile it. Many users will be happy with the profiles others made.
    Still, every single profile is only possible, because someone, somewhere bought an amp (and a cabinet, and a microphone etc).

I like this a lot. You could make it a bit bigger in the overall, to have some additional spacing between the buttons. That way even "bigfoots" like me would be pleased. :thumbup:

+1 killhahns design

-1 swapping bank/fx buttons

3. I doubt you really need a fifth effects button. ;)

Well personally I like a lot of options. If I want a bigger and deeper delay I rather switch on a second one, than change the preset to get what I want. So if i COULD I'd have two choruses (one just to widen the sound to stereo and one for the actuall effect), two delays (one short rythmic stereo and one long dynamic mono) and two reverbs (one short to simulate the "room" and one longer "big" reverb). Of course with the possibility to turn them all on and off individually, if I want to. ;) And thats just the post-fx section...
    I mean, of course that all depends on personal taste. Some people rather like a lot of presets and just step through them, without changing any effects at all, others (like me) prefer less, maybe 4 or five presets for an entire show and do the rest by turning different effects on and off.
    But for most people and most situations 4 switches will be enough, I give you that.

Thanks for the tipp with the wah! :thumbup:

It looks really awesome!
    I have two suggestions:
    1. You could rearange the buttons on the right as followed:
    - combine Tap/ tuner (hold 1 sec for tuner), and show the tuner on the display; the button should be where the tuner button is
    - bank buttons vertical to the right
    --> That way you'd have space for a fifth Fx button, which could be very useful!
    2. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would apreciate the possibility to use this board with other gear. So MIDI Out and the possibility to programm it would be awesome.
    If there's one thing i really really really don't like about the Line6 FBV, then it is, that you can only use it with Line6 gear. :thumbdown:
    EDIT: Just to be clear, I mean the option to not use it with the KPA at all.

And last but not least I'm always a bit troubled when it comes to wah-wah effects with digital gear. (Although I'm not sure if this belongs here but it has to do with footswitches :) )
    A normal wah-wah is either activated by the button underneath the pedal (classic crybaby or else) or through touch (morley wah steve vai and others).
    I have not yet found a digital device that offers me a really uncomplicated way to activate the wah, even with expression pedals.
    So what I wanna say is:
    You could consider an optional expression pedal for your footcontroller, that has a wah-button in it, or a switch that makes it work like a morley wah or something like this. (I admit, I have no idea if this is even possible but it would be mindblowing ;) )

Keep up the great work!!