Posts by Steeldom

I did not know how I would ship it or do with my Kemper to use for live performance. I built a proprietary system. Now I have a transport case with wheels and a rig that is complete for live performances.

Could you go into detail? Your userpicture looks interesting :)

I'm using a Thon hardcase for my Kemper too. And after a few gigs and some rehearsals and carrying it from A to B, I think I should have bought the Namba-Bag. If I was a touring musician I would change to the rack version.
    My Kemper is super safe in the hardcase but when I come home from rehearsals a guitar over my shoulder the Kemper case in one hand, my 1x12 in the other... the doors, walls, chairs, tables are not so happy to meet the hardcase :D

Yes. I'm using HD500 which you can assing any of its 10 switches to send desired CC toggle command for effect stomp on/off switching. Or regular CC command for example for rotary speaker slow/fast or tap tempo etc.

I think what he meant was, if the FX/stomp buttons on the KFC can be programmed to send specific midi data, so that other gear in your rig can be controlled. Which is a good question, since many people use their KPA in a setup and not as a standalone solution.

I think the Manual is pretty helpful at the beginning. IMO theres everything in it to start up.

And then you can always come back to the Forum with your questions. Here's the place to find help when you are lost with your "beast" ;)

I have an upright 4HE rack (feet on the side) which I used for some years for my POD X3 Pro and that really was a great solution. It fitted nicely under my desk and it was very movable and the extra HE was great to handle.

If there would have been a rack-Kemper at the start, I would have prefered it, since the head version is always Kind of "in the way" at my desk or at home in general.

I'd buy 4 HE with the feet on one side to place it upright just like a PC-Tower.

The only way to stop insulting each other is to stop insulting each other.
    It doesn't matter who was first and who said what, that way you cannot end it ;) Non of you btw.

Having said that, i think the reason why this thing started is that you Elvis called the Kemper a dinosaur
    which is a non fitting metaphor i.m.o. since a dinosaur is something huge, very old, extinct... I don't see the Kemper anywhere in there ;)

But since you're so happy with your new program, why don't you open up a thread in "other gear" and show us your sound. Which would have
    been the better way to tell us what you think to begin with.

So another few hours of playing and experimenting. After different settings, I
    like to have the cabinet enabled, even though I play through a guitar cabinet.

I've adjusted the monitor-out EQ a bit to my ears and now I have a loud, dynamic, powerful, air-moving sound.

I didn't like the sound without cabs. But this is just my opinion. Anyway great stuff :)

And with the demo rigs from Andys new Z-Pack I'm just blown away :thumbup:

Das Handbuch hab ich auch gelesen und mir auf Youtube Videos angeschaut auf Deutsch und English und trotzdem geht es nicht und die Fragen die ich gestellt habe werden in dem Handbuch nicht erklärt.

Und Flotto6000 bitte las sowas, bevor ich mich hier her gewand habe, habe ich mir wie gesagt das Handbuch und die Videos reingzogen. Nur wenn du die Videos anschaust sieht man immer ein fertigen Aufbau und irgendwelche Profimucker mit Tontechnikern die einfach ganz locker Gitarre spielen und so ist das aber nicht, wie bei allem wo es heiß ganz einfach.
    Ein Video wo der Referenz Amp Aufbau und der Kemper im selben Raum stehen und er direkt neben der Box mit dem Amp ständig hin und her schaltet, alles klar. Ich such hier auch kein Email Freund ich suche hier Hilfe!!

Im Handbuch wird nicht erklärt ob ich nachträglich die Refine Option nochmals nach dem Profiling zur Bearbeitung einsetzen kann.
    Im Handbuch wird auch nicht erklärt warum ein Passiver Pick Up bei einer Sklala des Input Levels von 0 bis -12 dB, ich das Input Level auf -11,3 dB einstellen muß und die aktive EMG ohne Probleme bei einem Input Level von 0 dB arbeiten. Das kann nicht sein, wenn die normalen Amps mit den Passiven Pick Up kein Problem haben.

Die Mehrheit hier im Forum ist gewillt Dir zu helfen, also gehen wir es einfach der Reihe nach durch! :)

Hast Du mal versucht einen anderen Sound zu Profilen? Nur um zu testen ob das generell funktioniert und es vielleicht an den Einstellungen Deines Lieblingssounds liegt (wenn ja können wir uns da später drum kümmern).
    Den Aufbau hab ich Dir ja gesagt, bzw steht finde ich wirklich gut beschrieben im Handbuch.

Was die Inputeinstellungen angeht, hast Du noch andere Gitarren um das zu testen?
    Ich meine eher unwahrscheinlich aber nicht ganz auszuschließen ist, dass Dein Kemper irgendeinen Defekt hat. ;)

If you are waiting for comments about tone to decide if you should buy them or not then I'd say get them now!

Well since two days I'm playin nothing else than these profiles. So soundwise I'm pretty pleased.
    I'f you're unsure: Go get it i say! :thumbup: