Posts by Steeldom

Another option would be to switch off "amplifier" and "cab" and simply work with the effects and eq. Thats the way I do it with my variax, sounds great. :)

You are not the only one, I feel definitly the same! And that is exactly the reason why the Kemper is NOT, like some people fear, destroying traditional amps or something like that. :thumbup:

Seems like there are no more updates or communication relative to improving feature sets for Kemper i.e performance mode! . Yea sure got the latest beta download - actually made my rigs sound worse IMHO. TO me this seems like a very expensive passing "FAD" - I now wish I would have spent the money and purchased an new Trans-Atlantic or similar amp - its been months since many of us have requested improvements or a f***ing simple Computer interface to help with manage patch controls - but no they cannot even produce that! . I do not think Kemper has the ability to deliver customer requests in a timely fashion and thus I am going to put my system up for sale - this really sucks! I really thought these guys had the answer but instead they are just another company looking a some big wig company to give them a bizzilon dollars to buy out!!!! I have been monitoring for more than 4 months and I have have seen zero - zip nothing!!!! w/r/t the solving the issues many of us have!!!!

why no performance mode why no interface why no reasonable answers Kemper - forget for one moment that you are in Germany and focus on the fact that this is a global effort - can you do that?!!! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

I only wonder what exactly is the purpose of your post?
    Do you have a problem you want to get fixed? - Apperently no.
    Do you want to adress the manufacturer directly to tell them what you don't like? - No.
    Do you you want to improve the unit by discussing things that aren't good? - No
    Do you want to offer to sell your unit to anybody here? - No

I'm all for criticism but you are just whining, sorry.

I think you can decide which effects you want to control with the I-IV buttons. Everything else wouldn't be smart and CK likes smart solutions ;)

I think there will be some way to config your KFC and I guess theres a strong chance the performance mode will come with the footcontroller and in this performance mode you will have access to the footswitch functions.

I'm all for the bigger design.

About the expression pedal, the footcontroler could come with one pedal, that us users could mount on the left or right side by ourselfs. I think technically this wouldn't be too hard to do but a lot of people would be very happy (including me).

As stupid as it sounds, the best would be to keep the Axe II, get the Kemper under return policy, and decide afterward which one to keep....but I understand the financials. Nothing and nobody can substitute your ears and your feel. A lot of people here have both of them, let's see if somebody chimes in.

+1

To test both devices against each other might be just the right thing for you. And if you find something in the axe you don't want to miss in the kemper, you can profile it before you sell the axe :D

I think that people have different opinions in this matter. I play a variax and I couldn't be more happy. The tricky part is to imagine having these different guitars in your hands. Like someone said in an earlier post, you don't play the same with a les paul or a strat. So if you chose "strat" on a variax (or whatevery modeling guitar) you have to pretend playing a strat and play straty things ;) Same goes for the other models. If you do this, the guitar will sound different.

There are other attempts to this, like the Firebird X from Gibson or the new "Gamechanger" from Ernie Ball. But IMO both couldn't keep up with the variax.

The only thing thats not so good about the older Variax models is the guitar itsself. But many people have transplanted the electronics into another body. And the new James Tyler stuff plays really great.

So this is possible and I believe CKemper could make an awesome instrument if he teams up with someone that knows how to built guitars.

I think it really depends on your taste. I started with the stock profiles and I still go back to them. Today I switched between a lot of profiles and there were few user profiles where I stopped and played a while.
    I think the stock once are kind of typical. It's the sounds that many "everydayguitarists" are using. But there are of course many players who want special sounds and they are not covered by the stock profiles.

To me it's just a gigantic library of profiles an if I'm looking for a specific classic guitar sound the stock profiles are a very good point to start. :)

So, I did several rehearsals with the Kemper and a gig as well. Everything on fw 1.0.6 since that was the way I bought it.
    So far everything went good, sounded great, no issues. As I said, I built my presets only on the "AC Normal Drive" factory preset and I am quite happy.

Yesterday I then started downloading all the stuff from the rig exchange (one by one... meh) and installed the latest firmware. It is quite a difference in terms of the boottime. I spend this morning thinking I had an issue until I realised I was only impatient. So to everyone new who loads a lot of rigs, just one advice: WAIT! The Kemper will do fine. ;)

I also started planing my own profiling session. But it's probably gonna take a little time because I'm depending on my friend who actually knows how to mic up amps. :D