Posts by ballantine

[quote='Animus',index.php?page=Thread&postID=35105#post35105][quote='Radley',index.php?page=Thread&postID=35095#post35095]

You start up the same number of times as you crash, and at 60 seconds plus startup time, one crash is a show stopper.

Maybe the first versions were very unstable or maybe I'm just lucky, but this is my experience:
    I started using KPA with the 1.0.8, I tried a lot of downloaded profiles (most of them useless) and after a couple of days the master output started to act weird (below 5.0 almost zero output).
    I did a backup, reset memory and tried with factory preset... Everything perfect.
    I tried restoring my backup and.... Same issue with the master output!
    Some preset corrupted my system...

I decided to restart everything with factory preset and add only one preset at a time deleting it immediately if unusable or useless for me.

Since then I programmed a fcb1010 (UnO chip) and used my KPA almost EVERY DAY and IT NEVER CRASHED! :D
    I find it very stable and with a great sound... the best I ever heard on a digital machine.
    The start up time is not really a problem... I turn it on once a day/concert :thumbup:

Just my 2 cents...

Guitartone
    Good job! Enjoy... :D
    This "sharing thing" is really amazing... I love it! :thumbup:

Garrincha
    The Bluesbreaker is not mine and my friends bought it used some months ago... I can't be sure of the exact model and year. Do I have to look something in particular? Next time I go to my friend I'll check if you want.
    I know that the capacitors are the original (paper capacitors), but I heard that some people bought the hand-wired reissue of 1989 and changed capacitors (I think the main difference with the original one).
    I'm not an expert of vintage instruments... What I know is that it sounds really good (and now I can use that sound in my gigs! :thumbup: )

BTW, my review is now on the official FB Kemper Page https://www.facebook.com/kemperamps :D

Excellent video.

Ahaa!, Mr Ballantine, the creator of my favourite Profiles, the Bluesbreaker. :)

Great sounding tones coming from the "live" section of the video...do you have some more live video footage of the gig?

I'm happy you like my profiles... :thumbup:
    I think the most amazing thing of the KPA is that you can profile rare, expensive and fragile amps and share them...

For example: I heard a lot of good things about the "Little Brother" 18W http://marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=1974X
    Does anybody can profile it? ;)

BTW, I think we need a bump of this feature request Output eq presets
    Sometimes the response of the monitor in a stage can make a good profile sound "too fat" or "too bright". A simple Match EQ (with a reference mic connected on the rear of the Kemper) that automatically eq the monitor out... would be really amazing!
    Don't you think?

Hi Mr. Kemper,
    I often use the Match Eq plug-in in Logic (I find it very useful in certain circumstances) and... I have an idea :)
    Wouldn't be amazing to "profile" the response of a monitor (using pink noise?) and apply the right equalization to the monitor output to have a better feeling and realism on the stage?
    Then, of course, would be good too to have a preset list of output Eq (like we already have for the input).

Considering the great technology you are using to capture an amp I think wouldn't be so hard to just adjust an Eq response curve to an output, right?
    You know... With the right response of the speaker the feeling of playing is very different... I'm sure this would be a new killer feature! ;)
    Good job and thank you for your amazing work!

I'm kinda bummed, it seems like this thing was launched with a bunch of features that aren't implemented

I agree!
    Even the undo-redo...
    I even miss a solid hard case or at least dedicated wings for rack mount... And the midi section is very poor and not working properly...
    I'm a professional musician from Italy and tomorrow I have the first date of my main summer tour... I'll try to do it with the KPA, but I'm not sure I will resist the whole summer with midi problems (i.e. TAP midi doesn't work).

There are a lot of things to do... Hope they're working hard on that. ;)

Hi,
    I have a problem with TAP tempo, I read the documentation but I didn't find anything.
    How can I give a TAP tempo thru a programmable MIDI foot controller? Is there a CC dedicated?
    Thanks in advance for your help...
    Carlo

the reasoning behind a foot controller without an expression pedal is:

- many players have already found their favourite expression pedal
    - guitarists are very picky about how a pedal should work and feel (see above)
    - some players use their right foot, some their left

the last one isn't really a matter of choice. try using the 'wrong' foot with a wah or similar. not only will will your performance be most likely all over the place, you might also fall over. ;)

I think that your three points are the reasons because you can add external expression pedals in almost every foot controller, but one integrated I think would be really appreciated by most players...

Hi,
    I just want to let you know that yesterday I "captured" a very beautiful vintage amp: a Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker in perfect condition with a great sound. I tried different microphone but in the end I used an original Sennheiser MD 421.
    I just uploaded the 4 profiles:

- Clean (there's only one channel so this is just a low volume sound)
    - Crunch (the volume I use on big stages)
    - with a CMATmods Brownie (very nice sound!)
    - with two pedals (Fulltone OCD and TS9) for a great sustain.

Hope you enjoy and let me know if you like it!
    Bye,
    Carlo

Hi everybody,
    I'm a professional musician from Italy (Tuscany) and I just bought a KPA.
    My first impression is that it's a very good machine and I'll try to use it live this summer.
    I read a lot about problems and crashes but for now I never had a problem. I'm using it very carefully and... I'm crossing my fingers ;)

I'll try to participate to this forum too with my humble opinion in the next weeks.
    Ciao!!!

Carlo