Posts by ballantine

All better now!! I blew the dust off my classic Tele (my other has a dimarzio chopper in the bridge and cruiser in the neck) and badda bing the tone was incredible. My other guitar has classic output buckers (EJ customs) but still too hot. Live and learn.

I have guitars with very different outputs... since I learn to use correctly clean and distortion sense I saved those input preset, locked input, and I can happily use different guitars with the same profiles.

BTW, I find there is a kind of "loudness war" with profiles... Thee are some profiles (commercial and free) that sound louder and they apparently sounds better, but then I find that the factory profiles are more usable and balanced. Most of my favorite rigs are based on standard factory profiles :)

I mentioned the amount of memory because if you have plenty of it you can (hypothetically) record both signals (wet and dry) and use the proper one depending the position of the looper to continue hearing properly the loop recorded.

If you have a wet signal recorded (and only that) you can't put it in the "pre" position, before the amp... And vice versa.

Just for discussion's sake, of course ;)

I think is not possible. If I recorded a loop "post" with effects... how can you move it "pre"?
    A wet signal that goes in front of a full chain of stomps, amp, cabinet and effects would obviously create a very bad sound!
    And I don't think I want to see in my display "pre" and listen to a prerecord "post" loop...

I just set up my POD HD500 to control the Kemper. I can turn all stomps/fx on or off; have expression/volume pedals,have access to MIDI presets 1-64 on the Kemper, and I can either plug into the Kemper directly or into the HD500 and control/power my Variax plus 2 other instruments and send a direct signal (no effects from the POD) to the Kemper. I also have the lights match the Kemper so I know which stomps/fx are on (no mismatched led problem!). I made a preset, a setlist, and a quick overview video at this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wkc…dzafVs47jWRzC5JfCx5a?dl=0

Very interesting

This will be implemented in due course on the Remote, so no worries. I'm not too sure about whether you can have dual assignment of both a footswitch as well as an expression pedal to a single jack, but since you can do it on the back of the Kemper, no reason why it won't work on the Remote.

At the moment I'm using two cables... the expression one goes to the remote and the switch goes to the back of the "toaster".

@nightlight
    So, if you are right, what about the possibility to connect my toe switch to the remote instead of going with a long cable on the back of the profiler... do you think it's (obviously) already planned or not? Nobody is answering clearly to this very simple request...

I have plans to fix the lag.
    Once this is done, I am confident that you will have perfect circumstances, when you place the wah on stomp B or C.

Thank you again for your answers, Mr. Kemper.
    I just noticed that the request about connecting switches to the Remote is always ignored...
    Is it because is already planned or because it will never be?!?

Edit: maybe with "perfect circumstances" you mean even a short switch cable? ;)

Some thoughts:

- The Wah position is not a big issue. It only matters if you combine it with distortion or compressor stomps.
    - The switch in the Mission pedal is latching, as far as I know. The Profiler only supports momentary switches, as it need to have access to the on/off status when a rig is changed.
    - we do not yet support the instant swap from wah to volume pedal in the same rig, due to several reasons.

Thanks for your answers.

1 - Yes, I know. Using the wah before a compressor was my initial purpose. I'm using some workaround right now and I have some messy rig (with stompes in a sequence that I would never use in a real pedalboard! ) BTW the programmable I-IIII switches on the remote are a clever idea that helping me a lot maintaining a clean and logical stomp sequence under my foot... and the sound is always very good! :)

2 - I modified a pedal with a momentary switch (following a guide that I discovered in this forum :) ) and it works perfectly. Right now what's missing is the possibility to connect it to the remote with a short cable (instead of going to the back of the profiler) and to assign it to different stomp position and/or effect in different rigs.

3 - I noticed a delay of a couple of seconds when I switch from wah to volume... a little shorter would be certainly better, but I understand some reason and a little lag is completely acceptable (isn't just 1 second enough?)

If scrolling is difficult to implement a good idea would be to short the names in a more useful and smarter way...
    Take out the middle part of a long name to keep it visible the last digit that (very often) are more important.
    Some Examples:
    My favourite guitar preset clean -> My fav...set clean
    My favourite guitar preset for Solo -> My favor...for Solo

Just like Pro Tools and Logic do.

Basically because I can mess about all I want in browse mode with sense settings, but I don't have to remember to reset it in pert mode.
    Maybe it would be better to have it locked by performance in performance mode just like you can have it change by rigs in browse mode.

IMHO if someone want to use different settings in different Performances or Rigs can simply don't lock the input. If you like to modify the input setting you can do a simple workaround: lock the input, scroll through all the slots (with the button in the panel... don't use MIDI or the remote) and save the performance.
    I use the lock feature even to copy/paste the same effects in different rigs and it works very good.
    About the possibility to forget to unlock I don't find it a real problem... Luckily we don't have to go inside menus or stuff like that to check if something is unawares locked. With a long press of the lock button we can see in a second what is locked and eventually unlock it immediately.

@Ingolf
    I tried again to export a performance slot to the Browser mode but I can't do it. I found a guide that says something about creating a backup, uncompress it, rename some files, re-compress etc, but honestly I don't find it "really easy" as you said. Can you explain me how you do it? If I copy a slot then I try to paste it in browser mode it says "Paste buffer is empty"... BTW, another separation that I don't like ;)

I worked for years with programmable devices (JMP1, Triaxis, H&K Access, various Line6 Pod, etc, etc.) and I always had to duplicate presets for different guitars just to adjust and balance volume levels of clean and distorted sounds.
    The very uncomfortable thing is that when you change something (for example a different delay setting) you have to replicate the tweak in every sound for every possible guitar you plan to use.
    I play very different music genres and I like to change guitars just to avoid getting bored with the same sounds every night! :)
    When I first tried the KPA I found the lock feature simply genius! Especially in the input section I thought it was a real killer feature! Using the same amp with the same effects, but play them with different guitars just recalling and locking a different input preset… for me it was just amazing and so easy to understand and use :)
    Even if I have a new guitar that I never played I can adjust the two sense parameter in a few seconds (I have a very good method, if someone want to know I can share it :) ), lock the input and I'll have my amps and sounds usable for the the whole evening!

Now you are suggesting me to return to the old (annoying) way of saving and duplicate sound for every guitar? I'm confused and I'm not sure that I want to follow your suggestion...

@ Eltzejepp
    With all the respect for Thomas Dill, I think that the two parameters in the input section are very smart, useful and as I mentioned above they are one of the killer feature of KPA.

@don
    I understand the reasons of this separation, but I think I have a better solution! We can have separate on/off state of locking between the two modes, but if the input is locked in both modes I think that the clean and distortion sense has to be same value. No reason to secretly recall a different locked status.

@Gizmo
    I understand your use, but if I’m not wrong an input setting that remains locked doesn’t disturb your mode of use… What is the reason that make you glad of this behavior?

Thank you in advance.
    Carlo