Posts by ballantine

If I'm not wrong a Performance can even be intended as an Amp (I learned from your examples performances preloaded in a brand new Profiler :) )

If I want to use performances organized per songs with different guitars I just don't lock the input. During the sound check I just need to long press the lock button to check in a second that nothing is locked... Honestly, I don't find reasons of this separation so convincing for me.

Ingolf, I really think that the display in Browser mode is more designed to edit a rig (I can see in display every single stomp loaded, etc.) and the one in Performance mode more useful during a performance. BTW, how can I save a modified rig that I have in a performance slot to the Browser mode? I didn't find a way so far...

I'm on FW 3.0.2 too ... I think the bug is when you switch or you casually scroll to rigs that don't have any stomp loaded in the one locked... but this isn't really a problem, just a little "symptom" that something doesn't work perfectly about the locking feature.

Talking about my feature request... let me explain better my typical use. I don't have fun randomly switching between Browser and Performance :)

I have performances organized per amp. I like to use the same amp with different guitars (like in real life pre-KPA :-))
    To do that I often use the same performance changing just the input settings preset (one for each of my guitars. BTW, I'd like to have the possibility to REPLACE an input preset instead of saving with the same name and deleting the old one... but this is another story.)
    When I want to modify a rig I don't like to do that in Performance mode. I did it in the past, but then I can't "export" or save that sound easily and even the display doesn't look designed to modify rigs/slots in Perf Mode... So I think it's better to adjust a sound in Browser mode and then I can easily store it inside performances slots.
    In order to do that I switch the chicken knob and I always have the wrong input setting. Then, when I want to check sounds with a different guitar and arrange/modify a performance with it I always have to change two times the input preset and I find it a waste of time and a possible cause of mistakes.
    I hope you can understand my point of view.

Now, can you please explain to me how can you find the separate management of the same physical input a good thing?
    I can only imagine that if you have only two guitars you can keep one mode for each guitar and switch between input preset just turning the chicken knob, but this force you to always use a guitar with a particular mode and have different display and features for each guitar. For example you can't share the same tempo between rigs in the one you use in browser mode... I really don't find it so useful and smart.
    Maybe I'm completely wrong and your convenience is something else? Sincerely, what am I missing?

Thank for your answer.
    Regards,
    Carlo

I completely agree with GRStudios... as long as you don't have to monitor through Logic or play some software instrument there is no point to set a low buffer. With a higher buffer you'll have less CPU load and you are definitely more "safe" about your recording :)

Maybe you have plugins in the vocal channel strip? If so then it's normal that you have to increase the buffer size.
    A low buffer size doesn't affect directly the tone, but can produce clicks and pops... so the answer is yes, an incorrect buffer size can ruin your recordings! :)

The buffer size is usually measured in Samples, not ms (milliseconds). If you mean 32 ms of latency than your buffer is already very very high!
    I think you probably mean that your buffer is set at 32 samples... that is indeed very little, but I think your system can handle it without problems.
    You can try 64 or 128 samples and verify if things are better but I think your problem can be related to digital sync... Kemper SPDIF has to be the Master Clock.
    BTW... are you using the KPA to record vocals?!? ?(

I tried again: I lock a stomp (not the input, let say... the delay) in Browser mode, I turn the chicken knob to Performance, I turn it again to Browser and the Delay is not locked anymore.

BTW, do you find that the separate management of input settings (even when locked) is a useful feature?!?
    If you use the input locked and you have many guitars... how can you remember what was the last guitar you used in that Mode (Browser or Performance)? You always have to double check in every mode you are to be sure that you don't have the wrong settings... IMHO it's just a waste of time and I can't imagine how this can be useful. If I want different settings I simply don't lock the input!
    Seriously, no reason to fight ;)
    Can someone explain me how this bug feature can improve your experience with the profiler?

Input settings are independent between browse and performance mode…and can be locked independently too.

Yes, I noticed that, but if this is a feature I find it very uncomfortable.
    Who said that if turn a knob I changed guitar? I think (and I hope) that is just a bug.

I also noticed that if I lock a stomp in Browser mode when I turn to Perf and then again to Browser the stomp is not locked anymore.
    If I start with Performance and lock a stomp the behavior is different... switching to Browser and then again to Performance the stomp remains locked.
    This make me think that there is a little bug in the Lock section.
    Talking about Feature Request: I'd like to have (at least) my Input and Output settings globally locked so that if I lock them they remain the same even when I turn the chicken knob.

I just noticed that even if have the input settings locked it doesn't remain the same when I switch between Browser and Performance (I think it just remember the last input setting used on that mode)
    I have input presets saved for each of my guitars. When I change guitar I always go into the input settings to recall the right preset, but if I turn the chicken knob to Browser or Performance that doesn't mean that I changed guitar... Is this a bug or an inconvenient feature?

Concerning the 1/2 function, sometimes, when i engage the 1/2 speed, speed is 2x faster and not 2 fast slower... Strange !
    have you already had this issue ?

This is not a bug. If you start recording with the 1/2 speed engaged when you press again the button it double the speed. It's normal :)

Do you use rigs with two active stomps in front of the wah wah, as well as rigs with two active stomps after the wah wah?

Are you telling me that I should put the wha wha always in Stomp B? :)

BTW, right now the answer to you question is yes. I have most of my Rigs with the Wha in the stomp C because I was using the FCB-Uno4Kemper (that is not flexible at all! :-)) with the 5 stomps for A-B-MOD-DELAY-TAP. The stomp C was always Wha Wha with the pedal mode "Bypass @ Stop".
    Now, with the Remote, in some rig I'd like to put the Wha in front of everything or maybe in the Stomp B... and I know that I can do it, but I have to miss some nice feature and convenience. I'll lose the Volume pedal or I need to activate the wha with another switch on the remote instead the most logical one... the one under the toe position of my pedal.
    Maybe I can reorganize all of my old rigs swapping the stomps B-C, but I'm not sure if they're going to sound the same.

Anyway, if you are planning to add this simple features (assign a switch to the same effect of the pedal, connecting an external switch to the remote) I prefer to wait.... in the meantime I'll do some "tap-dancing" to activate the wha from the remote instead that from the toe-switch.
    Thank you for your answer, please let me know if my requests are possible or not.... I would really appreciate it.
    Regards,
    Carlo

hey Timo ...so if I have a rig as described above ...in a performance slot ..I can still turn off effects (that I have programmed) using the I-IV buttons on the remote ??? if this is the case then I am a dullard !

Yes, you can.
    The performance mode is just a way to organize up to 5 sounds that can share the same tempo. I think there is nothing you can do in browse mode that you cannot do in performance mode...

Sorry, my mistake!
    My link is for the new promotion of Little AlterBoy (very nice :-))
    I didn't want to duplicate posts so I made a quick search on the forum... but I didn't noticed that the 2 previous posts were for another promotion in 2014.
    This new promotion ends April 1st 2015