Posts by ballantine

Yes, of course I can use workarounds. I can even assign one of the I-IIII switches to the wha so I don't waste a performance slot.
    My point is in order to improve the use of KPA, not to find a workaround.

I'm one of the earlier users and endorser of Kemper in Italy and sometimes I even do "lessons" of KPA to new users in my area...
    Honestly, the weakest and weirdest points to explain are the effect presets management (with the presets knob that doesn't follow my choice previously made with the Effect type knob) and the external pedals management.
    The global pedal assignment to an effect (pedal to wha and then the check box "wha to vol", "vol to pitch", etc.) are a bit confusing and the switches that have different assignment (to a slot and not an effect like the pedals) are not easy to manage when you have an external pedal with the toe switch.

IMHO would be so simple and useful to have a new page inside the Rig settings where I can override global assignment of pedals and switches to any parameter I want including mix of effect, modulation, gain, etc... Without changing anything in the global parameters.

You can't change position of an effect once you've assigned it, so no way to bring those other stomps in front of the wah unless you change to a different rig.

Obviously if I want a different chain of effect I change rig, but at the moment the assignement of the external switches are fixed globally.

I don't know if I have to open another feature reqeist but I think that the possibility to assign pedals and switches per rig (overriding the global setting) to even more parameters will be very helpful in many cases.

You probably do not need said switch, as you can set the wah to bypass mode, when you stop moving the expression pedal.

Yes, indeed great feature, but I like to use the same pedal for volume and I need to use one  of the I-IIII switches (instead of the one on the external pedal) to turn off wha.

Also, for fixed positions (or very slow movement) of the wha that option doesn't help and I need to turn on and off the wha manually with a switch.

As I said, for me the possibility to assign an external pedal with a switch to the same effect is very logical and smart.
    The same way I can connect the expression pedal to the Remote and assign it to wha (no matter the slot) I'd like to connect the switch to the same remote and assign it to the same effect.

Thank you for your answer, I really appreciate that you read the forum and listen to client requests.

Regards,
    Carlo

Your idea would make the switch have no function when there is not a wah in the rig. If you always have a wah in your rigs, put it in the same slot, and Global by slot works fine.

Also, when the assignment is Global by slot, if you do not have a wah in the rig, you can use the switch for another effect in rigs that do not have a wah.

You are right, but it's exactly the same with the pedal assigned to Wha. If there is no wha the pedal does nothing.

IMHO is completely logical that when you have an expression pedal with a switch you want to assign that switch to the same effect of the pedal.

Anyway... I'm asking for an option so if you want to assign that external switch always to the slot A you can still do it, but if I want to put a compressor or a noise gate in front of the wha I can't do it (at the moment).

Even better if we can override the global assignment options in rigs... Just like we can do now with the wha pedal to volume.

Ok, switches aren't yet supported for the Remote.
    But it should be doable in short time

Yes, I know and I hope :)
    BTW my feature request is to assign a switch to the Wah Wah On-Off, no matter the slot position. It is not possible right now and the switches function are global so I'm stuck with the wha wha always in the same slot.

No, I don't want to use the I-IIII switches on the Remote, but an external switch that is on my expression pedal under the toe position.... like a normal, regular "old school" wha wha.
    Right now I need to connect it with a long cable to the rear of the KPA and I have to assign it to a fixed slot (A,B,C or D).

The same way I can choose to assign an expression pedal to Wha Wha I'd like to assign a On-Off switch to the Wha Wha that can be positioned in any slot (A,B,C,D) .
    Like this I can use the switch of an external pedal (like Mission or a modified Cry Baby) to turn Wha Wha on and off independently by the position I have it in the signal chain.
    Of course I even like to connect the switch to the remote (right now I need a long cable to go on the rear of the toaster), but I'm positive that is already asked and is in your list :)

When I want to add an effect I find the presets list very confusing. Preset are sorted by name and I need to scroll through all kind of effects/presets to listen the differences between presets of the same stomp.
    I think it would be very helpful if when I first scroll the Type rotary control (on the left of the display) and I choose an effect then with the Browse control (on the right) I'll be pointed directly to presets of that stomp sorted by type and not by name so I can easily compare different settings of the same effect.

I think this is really incredible.After my complains above about being ignored... I was ignored again.I was in doubt to cancel my order, but then I didn't... Life goes on.

I decided to buy a small Yamaha MFC midi foot controller and started to organize my KPA Performances to use them with the new (very limited) controller when, few days ago, I received a notification from my credit card about a request from Kemper company!
    I immediately contacted the customer support (I still have a ticket open!) asking if that means that my order was processed earlier or maybe it was just a test (I received the same notification when I placed my order back in January) and... Guess? I was ignored again!!!

Now I have a tracking number and I know for sure that I'll receive my Remote in time for my tour... Just like I was asking for months, so... Thank you very much, but let me tell you that everything was very disappointing.

CK, I know that you have the best sounding product in the market, but I think you should seriously check customer satisfaction about communication in your company. IMHO these things can ruin a company reputation maybe more than a bad product!
    You HAVE to answer to a customer. You can say that you'll try your best, you can say that is impossible (that actually wasn't true in my case), but a customer who gives you money, who contribute with his playing and his satisfaction to make you sell more products to colleague and friends, a customer who politely ask something always DESERVE an answer.

I think you have something to learn from American companies about this and I'm not saying it for patriotism, (I'm Italian and maybe we are worst than Germans in these things... Maybe... Not sure anymore now! :-)) but it's true that in North America they have a different relationship with customers, even with little ones
    like me.

In the end, thank you for shipping my remote. Now I have a Yamaha MFC to sell, fits perfectly into the Kemper bag, special price!! :)

I am happy that my remote will be (hopefully) shipped in two weeks. What I find a bit disappointing is that when I saw at January 13th the remote can be ordered, I asked in this thread if I should order it or if there will be a special way to order for early birds. GString posted that we will get an advice how to order and in the official announcement of Burkhard it was said that early birds should keep their feet still. So I waited for the instructions and followed them as I recieved the mail at January 14th. Now I see that everybody who ordered on the 13th could change their order to early bird status and get their remote three weeks earlier than those who followed the instructions.

I was just saying the same thing.
    Not only. People who's not even "early bird" and ordered the 13th are receiving the Remote March 10th... before most of us who followed the instructions.
    For people who needs the Remote ASAP (like me :-)) it is very frustrating!

nobody ignores you. you just didn't receive the answer you were hoping for.
    gs

Please, let me tell you my side of the story.

I tried few times to travel by plane with the Behringer FCB but, especially with small domestic flight I always had problems because of the big size (it only fits in a very large case) ...sometimes I even decided to do some concert with a Pod just to avoid to carry the Behringer in small planes!

As you probably know (if you read my ticket) I have a tour in Canada and I’m leaving from Italy March 16, so when the remote was announced for March I immediately asked if it was the first or the second half of March because for me was a big difference. But the customer support answered that was too early to know.

After NAMM, I asked again the same question explaining my situation and the answer was: “We’ll ship the first remotes end of February, beginning of March”. I was very happy and asked politely if you could please consider my need. I tried my best to subscribe the "early bird” list and to place my order as soon as I received the message... Minutes after (not days)

After few weeks I received a mail telling me that my remote will be shipped the16th of March. I felt ignored… or at least my previous messages were (for sure) completely ignored.
    I understand that maybe an automatic system didn’t consider what a customer really need so I asked if we can find a solution, maybe swapping my shipping with another one. I can read on the forum that someone is receiving the Remote a week earlier than expected (and maybe they’re not even in a particular hurry where few days before or after makes a big difference), but I didn’t receive any answer… I felt ignored again.

I wrote on the forum my order# asking if you can let me know something about my problem and you didn’t answer while I was reading answers to other people… I felt ignored again.

I wrote again to customer support suggesting that maybe I could try to find someone who isn't in a particular hurry and want voluntarily
    swap his shipping with mine… I need just few days before and maybe there is some good people who can wait 3 or 4 days, but… no response again.

Now , you can tell me whatever you want, but please don’t tell me that I wasn’t ignored, because I feel completely ignored.

no, nobody gets ignored

Sincerely, I feel really ignored... I tried to explain my situation months in advance, just after my order and I tried to communicate with your customer service but I just received useless answers.

The funny thing is that I'm even an artist endorser for the KPA Italian distributor Soundwave! ?(

I'm writing here hoping that G String can help me with my order N. 246906
    I opened a ticket (##AS00090446) but I'm not receiving a solution to my problem... I don't know if I need to explain here my situation or maybe is better to do it privately.
    Thank you in advance and sorry for this private use of a public forum, I don't want to pass ahead of anyone, but I'm starting to worry about my order...

But why?
    You have all possible outputs.. Take the spdif for recording and that's it. I would not want another USB interface in that device, which will interfere with the other soundcard(s) for microphone etc.
    I prefer it that way.

I love my Kemper, but the spdif "Master only" is very annoying in a professional environment...

Well I think the remote is fairly priced. Considering the ease of use and simple design thought that went into this, there was a lot of time spent. Going from playing around and setup on my current midi controller to the ease of the Remote, it is well worth the money spent.

Think in terms on what we pay for entertainment. Heck, two concert/sporting tickets can easily be over couple hundred bucks. What about a dinner and movie? Yup a couple hundred bucks. How many people smoke? Look at the cost of a pack of smokes!

Its all perspective and I guess where you wish to spend your dollars. I guess someone could always, I don't know....try saving up for it? I know, sounds crazy, eh!

I ordered the Remote, but IMHO you can't compare prices of tickets and dinner to a remote.
    If you compare it to other similar products I think is not cheap at all... especially considering that everything is in the "toaster"! In the remote there are only buttons and a display... and of course R&D :)