Posts by hawg427

If the Kemper is supposed to do a "Profile" or pretty much copy the inner workings of your amp or the amp you are doing a profile of, then why do many people put which pickup their guitar is using when the profile was made? Does which pickup you have your guitar
    on affect the true profile signal? When you do a profile the Kemper asks you if it is a Clean or a Dirty profile to start with, so is it a waste of time profiling all 3 or 4 channels of your amp using a myriad of gain settings?
    Thank's in advance for the input.

I have had good results with Mogami,& Bullet coily cable. I am wanting to try some Klotz LaGrange or the Joe Bonamassa Sig. cables.

Thank's for all the replies, I will try and see if the Kemper will do it by just using the FlashDrive and if that doesn't work I will go down the list of suggestions.
    I appreciate all the suggestions :)

I have downloaded several free rigs from The Amp Factory and couldn't get them to unpack or unzip. The Amp Factory told me any application will do the job.
    What are most of you Mac users using to get your Free rigs off your iMac to your Flash drive?

I just checked the Two places in the USA you can get the Kemper from, Sweetwater and AMS and both had raised the price of the Kemper $100
    That's just plain wrong! I mean it's not 100% perfected yet and not everything is activated on the Kemper and the price goes up?

I finally am just giving up on this Kemper, I called AMS and am returning it next week :( I really wanted this unit to give me the awesome sounds I heard on a Rob Chappers/Andertons video. That video was almost an hour long. LOL I guess the online place I got it at didn't really turn it on and give it a good checkout. It was a scratch & dent but the machine was scratch & dent free, not a mark on it. Getting it to work was another story. I was just going to get a refund but I might get them to send me another unit. Now if that doesn't work I'll be waiting a while for my next Kemper. :sleeping: I am glad somebody finally told me the Paste button might be bad.

Thank's

Yes I did, I got the Kemper to download the latest info from their site. Even though I never read the words Formatting USB Stick anywhere. LOL I cannot get the stupit message to leave the main screen. I just cannot plug my guitar into the Kemper and use it, I really thought it would be that easy. When this mesage is "In Focus" I cannot read the background stuff very well. Hopefully the 2 online stores that sell this know something about it :)

How do I get to the soft button to get the external storage to show up? I cannot get this ( Paste buffer is empty ) in Bold letters off the main screen. After I reboot the machine and put my time & User Name in it up pops the Paste Buffer crap. I cannot get this mem stick formatted. I purchased this unit from AMS on a customer return but everything should have been good so a new customer could plug & play right out of the box. I wonder if this is why the other customer returned it.

Just got my unit today and got it turned on and did the basics. Then I found out I had to get a USB memory stick and download the latest update from the Kemper site. The manual states the kemper will reformat the memory stick but it didn't. I rotated the selector dial from Browser to Perform but nothing changed. I cannot get the message off of my main screen about the " Paste Buffer is empty " What the heck is the paste buffer?
    HELP before I send this box back.

Wohoooooo!!! FINALLY a 19" Version !!! LOVE IT !!! Who wants to buy mine ?!? :D

The new 19in version your talking about, I don't own a Kemper yet so what is the current Kemper as far as 15,19,24 in goes? This also means the screen will be much smaller like the "Other" FX unit ;)
    Does the current Kemper have an editor so you can edit stuff on your PC or Mac?

Thanks,
    Lou

I have seen the videos where they connect the Kemper to the Amp you want to profile, then you refine it. I got all that. Do you have to use a Mic to be able to Profile another amp is my question?
    I'm worried about Mic placement and not getting the best sound when I profile another amp?

Thanks,
    Lou

I don't have my Kemper yet, so I will ask a BASIC question. Does Kemper have a instruction book online to read? From what I have heard you connect your guitar to the Kemper which get's connected to the amp you want to profile.
    Hit the Profile button and the outer space sounds start. LOL Then you play the profiled amp to refine the sound. Can you profile an amp without Micing up your amps cab? You know just connect the Kemper to the amp and hit Profile and then your done, besides refining the sound. I keep reading about everyone Micing up everything and the Kemper hears the amp through your studio Monitors sort of thing. Will somebody please clear this up for a newb to all of this :) ?(