Posts by hammer84

I have played in several similar bands. Less gain and a little more MId-range is your friend ;) I tend to play with more full range tones when I'm in my home studio or in a one guitar band, Those same tones get lost in a two guitar power rock band. I find the the mid boost tend to really cut thru. I like to start with a 5150, Ken Morrow or Wizard profile.

Maybe I have just been lucky but it works for me !

I have had the Gemini 2 for about two weeks now. I also own two CLR atomic wedges. This will be quick and dirty so ask any questions you may have if I don't cover it.

The Gemini is a great FRFR. It reminds me more of a cab than the CLR. You get that "thump" like a 2-12 guitar cab. Great sound dispersion and a very even sound, even when off to one side. I'm not familiar with each the DXR but I didn't like any speaker I tried that had the horn on on end. The sound would change drastically as I moved from speaker to horn side. Minor, but having a center HF driver solves that issue. You get a nice stereo spread but not near as good as two wedges a few feet apart. The eq on the cab comes in handy. I play a lot of cover tunes so I do use the BT when learning songs. Not a must have but a nice to have. This is somewhat subjective but it makes my rig very "traditional", a head on a cab. Looks great ;)

A few cons - it's big and heavy, needs side handles, for the size and weigh the top handle is not idea

It has an annoying pops and clicks when you turn it on an off.
    Not as quiet as the CLR
    I love both the the CLRs and the Gemini. It depends what you want. If you like the traditional on stage amp sound and feel, get the Gemini. If you want the studio sound from your "monitoring" cab, the CLRs excel.

I hope that makes sense. I'm keeping both, can't give up the portability of grabbing a single CLR and running a friends house or cranking up the 2x12 and bringing back my 80's memories !!

What cables are you using to connect your pedals to the board ( brand and length ). I like that case a lot !

I went in to the output section a set everything to how I thought it should be an now it works correctly.

Not exactly sure what setting I had incorrect.

Thanks to all ! Now I have the volume I want plus more :)

I love the simplicity of the Kemper but every once in a while I get lost, lol !

Also sorry for putting this in the wrong forum................

I'm not what I have done but it seems now that I have to turn my master volume up ~4.0 to get any sound. Any thoughts ? Is that normal. thanks

+1 for the CLR, I have a pair and have no complaints.

There are some other good alternatives mentioned but in the end you need to make the call based on your personal requirements. If you want very accurate studio monitor type sound reproductions then the CLR may be best. If you want to play in your home studio and produce great sounds ( possibly colored by the cab, but still great ) thru your speakers then I can see going with one of the others. Again it is all about you and what you need !

I was in a similar boat as you. I wanted simplicity but some flexibility. I have been using modelers for a long time and had become somewhat disenchantend with them. the Axe was way to complicated and I don't need hundreds if effects with pages of tweaks available. I bought a Kemper last week expecting more of the same. So far I'm floored. This is just what I wanted. Great sounds with very little tweaking and the ability to choose what amps I want to add.

IMO, the Kemper would be the easiest transition from real amp to the world of digital amps.

I would also recommend the Atomic CLR for a cab. Sounds great, loud, and versatile.