Posts by cameron711

i think i'll be the only one who will want this but the bedroom one might work, the two mics to the PA with a monitor out the bedroom version, my kemper in to the bedroom, i can mic the bass and then one for the drums. where position wise would be the best place for a drum mic if i'm going to try to mic the whole kit with one mic?

Hi guys! Wondering if you guys have any tips. My band practices in our basement and it can be beyond loud most the time. I'd like to preserve my ears if at all possible. What recs do you have re in ear monitoring and how to get overall sound if band at the same time?

hi guys, was wondering if anyone had a looper they recommended that you can control rec, play, dub etc via midi? that way my looper pedal can be up with my kemper and i can have just my LF+ liquid controller and expression pedals on the ground.

thanks!

Hi! Thinking about getting a liquid foot+ controller and wondering this:

I'd like to setup one page for stomp ia access and a second page for slots of scenes and tuner. How easy is it to toggle thru pages?

Thought i'd share this with you for what it's worth. My wife has a surprisingly more keen and sensitive ear for tone than I do. I tend to run by comparisons with her to see if they're in line with me, and in this case we were both in agreement by far with our comparison.

Our comparison was a Yamaha DXR10 vs Matrix GT1000FX into the 1x12 v30 speaker in my bogner shiva 1x12 cab (with the cab off on the kemper)....

we played mostly andy's presets including
    Soldano SLO
    David Gilmour HiWatt
    Matchless HC30
    My profiled diezel vh4

on every rig except one, we both agreed that the matrix route sounded more hi-fi, warmer and like a true instrument being played. the DXR10 shined in the cleans of a carol ann ODS over the matrix but that was in our opinion.

Just my 2 cents, but something about a speaker cab brings the kemper to life in a way i don't fully get with FRFR.....
    now to go find myself a really speaker cab and not my macgyver-ing of my combo amp speaker!

appreciate any thoughts or comments.

Sweetwater has a mission engineering pedal with a switch meant for the kemper and allows you to sl depress the switch to activate an effect ie wah on/off and then the expression pedal can control the wah range. However I'm finding that the ground control pro pedal inputs are meant for expression pedals and are not for on/off functions. Oh well!

Setting up gcp was easy. Under setup, go to midi and set your midi channel 1 to kemper. Under system on your kemper, set the midi channel to 1.

Choose a preset and press and hold edit. Choose kemper and a program change number that correlates to the preset you want. I typically set mine up in performance mode. You can then activate the expression pedal in the same section.

Setting up instant access requires you to know the cc# for each stomp/effect. Then you can set it up!

hi all! so i've run into a speed bump. i got the mission kemper expression pedal with switch and it works great run directly into pedal1/2 of the back of the kemper. im trying to get it to work with my GCP through pedal 1/2 on the back of it to minimized cable runs etc. i have a trs from out 1 to pedal 1 of the GCP and a TS cable from out 2 to pedal 2. (tried trs as well, no difference in result)
    i set pedal 1 to control CC 001. and it works great. i would like to get the switch to control stomp a on/off which is where i place my wah block. when i do that, i can depress the switch and stomp a goes off for a second and then comes back on....

any suggestions??

thanks!

Hi all! I have LF+ 12 midi controller and with recent firmware updates, there is a kemper sync feature. i followed the steps to get them to sync and the stomp boxes inded sync with their on/off status very well, but i'm doing all this in performance mode, and the names don't match up at all....not to the slot name or even the rig being used's name?

anyone else try this?

Thanks for all the feedback guys! It is a dark sounding amp with that diezel grind. Regards to the mic issue...the mic position tagged in the profile is what was already there...I got tired by that point to put in that info...I basically did the ear test they my iem when mic'ing the cab and chose on axis wherever it sounded the best to me!

Hi all! Posted my first homemade profile of my diezel Hagen (that I just sold since it sounds so great on the kpa!) thanks for the reviews so far. Mic'ed with sm57 and pre from my apogee duet 2. Would love to hear any feedback or thoughts. Thanks!

i wish it were that easy.

she boots up correctly, but when i insert a newly formatted usb stick (4 diff ones) it doesn't recognize it and the soft button "external storage" doesn't come up. i should note that i booted into maintenance mode and flashed the firmware and init the firmware to attempt to get the usb recognized and that didn't work either :(

Hi Guys, I have an 8gb microUSB that i've been using for over 5 months without a problem, and today i went to add some more rigs (only have like 15 or so on the kemper currently) and the external storage soft key doesn't show up.

i went to maintenance mode and tried to format the flash and it said failed.

I put kaos.bin for the 1.6 in the root folder and pressed the < and > buttons while putting it in tuner mode and it says error: unable to mount usb device.

i tried this with 4 different usb sticks with no luck...:-(

please help!

Hi all!

I'm looking to travel with my KPA and would love to find some recs on kemper-compatible bags that may be cheaper than the 125 dollar one? i know it sounds like i'm being a cheap since i just threw down 1850 for the kemper, but i'm in the middle of a move with not much salary for the next month and a half so any cutbacks in cost are a necessary evil at the moment....thanks for your input!

Hi everybody!

Just got an apogee duet 2, and I had a question. So I route my output left and right to the apogee inputs 1+2 instrument level, and then output 1+2 to my monitors. I can only get sound if I open up GarageBand and open a new track and turn on monitoring.

Sometimes I just enjoy throwng up iTunes, playing a song and jamming to it. Is there any way to hear my kemper thru the duet 2 without having to open GarageBand or equivalent?

Thanks!