Posts by Gibson

Hi

For using a HD500 as midi controller feel free to use my patch as a starter.

first make sure that your HD500 are set to FS mode ABCD this are don by press and hold the view button and goto page 1 set it to use FS mode: ABCD.

on the Kemper make sure to go to Rig and set volume to pre and lock it there, also make sure to have a wah in stomp A and under wah set pedal mode to on.
    wah on stomp A are to be saved to rig as off (get switch on by tue switch when switching to exp 2 on the HD500)

The HD 500 are set to work with exp 1 as volume and wah as exp 2
    tuner on Tap/tuner button
    bank up/down as 8o bank up/down
    program number 1->4 are send from button ABCD on bank 1 and program number 5->8 are send from button ABCD on bank 2 and so on.
    setting a rig on the Kemper to midi 2 will make i switch on bank 1 button B, setting a rig on the Kemper to midi 7 will make i switch on bank 2 button D

FS1 to FS4 are set to switch on/off stomp B,C,X, and Mod and for the button light to work I have put in a stomp on the HD500 to be on/off. :love:
    just remember save the HD500 stomp on/off state the same as the Kemper stomps on/off state for the button light to be right .

so just copy my patch to all positions on all banks you are planing on using and it will work :thumbup:

hope this can be of any help, feel free to ask and I will try to assist as far as I can :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7wx22knl8e7rn8/HD500</a> midi patch.h5e?dl=0

I use the hd500 like that, and it work flawless. Just remember to put the hd500 in ABCD mode to worke as a midi controler, and put a stomp i fs1 to fs4 to have the on/off light to show.

Remember to use hd500 edit, it is munch easier to work with.

I have the vol and wah to work and switch with the toe switch.

If you like i can send you a patch you can try out. :D

Yes, I think there should be a stereo version of the Kemper Power Amp as I also want to run 2 cabs in stereo and I would prefer to have a Kemper made Power Amp. Also, there should be the option of making the direct out and the monitor out be able to both have the cab off (cab driver) possibility. This way you could have a stereo sound on stage for yourself and still run the cab on via the main outputs out front.

And +1000 more from her :D

Wow Thanks, cant wait to get home from work now :D

special thanks to Burningyens Floyd for the effort make the rigs and to share them :thumbup:

another thing you will miss when locking one cab to all your rigs is that small amount off the different cab sound you hear even when cab is off.

Try to press cabinet and turn off cab, then try browse between different cab. then you will hear the sound change a little with every cab even when it is switch off.

When using main out with stereo amp/cab setup the only way is to save all you rigs with cab off before playing, and of cause set them on again when you get home ?(

If you are not using the KPA on the PA, but only with amp/cab, you can shut the cabinet off and lock it for the whole gig ;)

noob, it is not the same!
    If you are i the rehearsal and tweek any rig and save, it will get saved with the locked cab. So before you now it you will have the same cab on all your rigs.
    To bad to come home to your studio monitor and finde out that you have fuck up all your perfect rigs.

+1000 for direct out as monitor with the cab off function :) .

Hi Michael,

I have the eksakt same setup, and I use a y-splitter for headphone the reverse way, that is trs stereo to 2x trs stereo

And it works just fine. But im not sure if there are any phase issue.

If all of us with a stereo amp make a request to mr. Kemper to also make the direkt out work as monitor out and make it with a cab off funktion. That would be nice.

It is a mess to use main out and lock cab! If you trim your anny rig and save, it will be savede with the locked cab.

I have been all the same places as most of you, Triaxis JMP1 and all Line 6 floor board last HD500, and now one have had any issue with midi program change. no lag or drop in sound before now.
    I have major volume drop when change with midi,and I always miss the first note off a solo be curse off it. major bummer.

Please have it fixed soon.