Posts by mhguitarist

Great tones man, thank you!! Just downloaded the zip, I will load them into my KPA and give them a whirl. Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth I used an ADA MP-1 as my main rig. I thought I had given it away but came across it when digging through one of my storage sites. I profiled 60 or so settings, they are on the community page somewhere. Amongst many benefits, the Kemper allows me to run the old noisy ADA profiles without a hint of noise. The internal gate works so well that noisy amps are a thing of the past. Keep rockin'! :thumbup:

Would love to use the KPA as my main live rig, I'm waiting on the KPA foot controller. I currently have a Ground Control Pro and a great Dunlop expression pedal in a pedal board but the board is large. Works great as my guitar rig. My challenge being that I am covering bass/keys and some guitar with my band. Currently the guitar player and I swap rigs when I go to guitar. I use a compact Boss ME-20 for the bass effects (this pedal sits on a small pedal board that fits underneath my keyboard stand). With the versatility of the KPA I could use it for both bass and guitar but I need a dedicated controller with smaller footprint. In gigs where I am playing guitar only I can road my guitar rig and use the KPA. This wearing 3 hats/juggling thing has complicated matters for me as far as quantity of gear needed.....

Unfortunately the best/only way to simulate the talk box is with an actual talkbox. Rocktron, Dunlop and MXR all have comparably priced units on the market. The KPA does and amazing amount of things extremely well but I've not come across anything that captures the tube-in-mouth/back into microphone effect well enough to bypass an actual talkbox. Although, with the appropriate amount of tweaking you may comes close enough for cover rock n roll. Let us know how it turns out. :thumbup:

A Kemper Foot Controller is needed IMO. The uno4kemper chip is a decent temporary solution....but we need a proper controller.

I agree. I have a Ground Control Pro that works great but the road case that holds the GCP and expression pedal is a little bigger than what I'd like to travel with. Currently playing more bass than guitar. Would love to use the KPA for both bass and guitar but I need a foot controller with expression that has a smaller footprint than my GCP setup. Hoping for a Kemper all-in-one. Until then I'm running a separate bass rig and only using the KPA at home. :thumbup:

I had run some Fender-Vox dual profiles with mixed results (on the rig exchange). No matter how well done the initial dual profile you are committed to the dynamic captured at profile with no real wiggle room (unlike a single amp profile where you have lots of room to manipulate). I asked about this same feature some time ago and received responses from encouraging to borderline harassment because the topic had been previously discussed. My previous live rig was a Mesa Boogie Road King and a 100w Marshall. The beauty of the dual amp set up is the ability to run not only clean one side/dirty other but choosing different effects and textures. I would run a dirty chorus left and balls out dry right. Or a bit of a short delay on one side and a longer delay on the other. The possibilities are endless and most useful. I understand the argument that the KPA makes up for the need for 2 amps simultaneously but this is negating the creative potential and uses of a dual amp set up. The dual amp possibilities with spreading effects alone would be worth it, not to mention the possibilities on tonal variation. For anyone very happy with a single amp set up, bravo! Certainly not taking anything away from that. Let's not tie one hand behind the back of creative thinkers because a percentage don't see the need/usefulness. I say press on with requests for a dual-amp feature/capability. :thumbup:

One of my fave effects! Earl Slick did the entire "David Live" record and tour with an SG, a 50w Marshall and an MXR Phase 90. I recently gave a Phase 90 to a friend along with a copy of the David Live cd. I taped a note on the front of the cd that read "MXR Phase 90 user manual". :thumbup:

like you said: the stomps are models, not profiles.
    the OP is requesting (and this was asked many times before) to run two profiles at the same time.

Don, since you mentioned the "two profiles at the same time" I'm curious if this is something we might see in the future. I know I would currently need to run 2 profilers the way I used to run a Marshall and a Boogie head at the same time. Not complaining because I am getting gobs of good results with a single profiler but the dual profile capability would certainly be cool :thumbup:

Lerxst Amplifiers are amps that were custom made for Alex Lifeson and appear to be based on a modded Marshall Silver Jubilee 50 watter. They are available for public purchase but I have not seen any floating around my area. If anyone has one or knows someone who has access to one I would love to try some profiles from it. :thumbup:

Isn´t the MPL 100 just a preamp? Taking some DI profiles should take only very little time and doensn´t need any mics...

I had an old ADA-MP1 in storage that I profiled pretty extensively. I ran it into a power amp/cab and used a Red Box in place of a mic on the cab. Those old 80's preamps yield some pretty spectacular tones, especially when you use some modern tech to eliminate the common noise issues. :thumbup:

I thank you as well for posting your wah settings. I was in the ballpark but wasn't thrilled with the way my wah set-up sounded until I tweaked based on some recommended settings. The issue for me (and likely a lot of people) is that I've never had to set up a wah. I've used Cry Babys and Morleys for years and simply had to worry about the foot sweep motion to get the tone and effect I was looking for. I love the fact the the KPA has so many programmable parameters but I think it's safe to say that a lot of Christoph's knowledge is a bit beyond my own. Maybe the Kemper team could come up with 4 or 5 suggested settings based on some commonly used wahs. This would allow us to get the tones we are looking for and also give us a useable base from which we can build our own wah settings that sound cool to our ears. Currently setting up the wah is similar to tuning a racing engine from scratch with no real tuning experience. If we have a basic tune-up to start from we will be able to go from there. :thumbup:

Yes. I got one star one minute after uploading two of my Fuchs ODS profiles... Now, those profiles have 13 votes and 4.5 stars. Just one vote means nothing.

I only use 4 and 5 starts ratings. If I like a profile, I rate it with 4 or 5 starts. If I don't like a profile, I don't rate it.

I agree with your rating philosophy Paco. Sometimes a profile does not fit my tastes but it is not necessarily a bad profile. If I post a rating it is def on the positive side of the scale.

I actually noticed the opposite is true too often: 1 vote 1 star. Looking through 100s of profiles, the eye tends to skip past these rigs. One day I downloaded a bunch and realized that the 1vote 1star was so off base... a nice clean profile can be debated how good it is, but to go out of your way and blast a 1 star is nothing other than dysfunctional malicious crap.

I agree Hank. If a profile is not to my liking I won't go and undercut it for the reason that it might be gold for someone else. I try a lot more profiles than I rate, my lack of rating being more of a time management issue than anything else. I usually download and test by manufacturer that I am interested in and also by unique amps that you don't come across every day. I may have been a bit harsh in my original post but it was a full moon, I think the gist of the point is valid. I am grateful for the rig exchange and the variety that we have access to. But, yes, the malicious crap is the kind of stuff that bothers me. Trying to inflate or undercut a rating would not seem appropriate for the amount of creative minds that indulge in the Kemper technology.