Posts by mhguitarist

That happened to me one time, I posted a few profiles and before I knew it someone voted 5 stars for each profile.

That's a good thing Tim, obviously your profiles are worthy of praise and would not fall into this category. Everyone that checks out the rig exchange with regularity knows the situation I am speaking of. :thumbup:

This may have been addressed somewhere along the line, I can't be the only one that gets annoyed by this. Someone will post 3 or 10 profiles, each of which have 1 vote at 5 stars each. It is very unlikely, practically impossible that 10 newly posted profiles are rated immediately after being posted. It would appear that the post-er either has 2 Kemper ID's or a friend that jacks the ratings. Why? If the profile sounds good it will get adequate attention. If it doesn't, so be it. One persons "Holy Grail" tone might be something that 10 other people would never use. This is the beauty of the profiler, variety. To post a 5 star rating on your own profile reaches a level of douche-baggery that can only be described as total douche bag. So please, whoever is rating your own profiles, get with the program and stop being a douche bag. :thumbup:

Thanks I will price a expression pedal my kemper unit is arriving tomorrow can't wait

Check at the Dunlop DVP3 VolumeX. It works flawlessly and is built like a tank. It has multiple uses but I have been using it exclusively as an expression pedal with the KPA. :thumbup:

Not sure if you are running the 2.0 Beta, I had some issues with the Exp Pedal when I ran the update. Here was the fix for me: In The "System Menu" under "MIDI Settings" check the "Pitch Pedal to Wah" option. I also had to re-initiate the pedal as if it was the first time I was using it. I believe the pedal setting was "Type 1 Wah". After doing this the pedal worked as a Wah on my wah programs and worked as a shifter on my Pitch programs. Hopefully this will steer you in the right direction :thumbup:

I had a similar situation the first time I played through my Kemper. It sounded so damn good that I must have gotten excited and had an accident..........Just kidding. It is probably the same thing as "new car scent" which will fade with playing time :thumbup:

I also use the GCP. Previously I used it in conjunction with (2) GCX rack units, 1 for amp channel switching on both a Marshall and Boogie Road King. The 2nd was for my pedal drawer. Now I use the GCP by itself with the KPA. I separate profiles with specific effects and a midi number assigned, typically 2 to 3 patches per song. I have 30+ songs on the current set list and have not run out of patches. Since I prefer to use a lot of different profiles and effect configurations the designated midi# per profile works best for me. If I have a bank of profiles in the 60 range on the GCP and want to use a lead preset from my 30's bank I can simply program a 60's patch directed to the 30 profile. This saves me the headache of scrolling mid-song back to the 30 bank and then back again to the 60 bank. Very user friendly rig. :thumbup:

Quoted from "mhguitarist"

You send the "Direct Out" from the Kemper into your amplifier input. Amplifier out gets plugged into Red Box "From Speaker Output". Red Box "To Speaker Cabinet" goes to your speaker cab input. Red Box "Balanced Out" goes back to Kemper "Return Input". From there you are ready to start profiling.
    Great! But what about the speaker emulation of the Red Box? I for sure know that its not the best one (which in some cases adds exactly what i want when mixed with a real miced amp ) but how much does it color the sound of the profile?

Get the original then:
    http://www.thomann.de/de/bss_ar133.htm
    Basically the same thing, but feels more exclusive ;)
    Forget about the red box, it can´t handle speaker levels... it was rather known for it´s poor cab emulation... 20 years ago...

I used the Red Box Classic from a couple of years ago. Cost me about $90, always consistent, never a problem. Sounds like tylerhb may have choked on a H&K sour grape somewhere along the way...

The return db level is on the Kemper, when you are in the profiling mode it will be the 2nd knob in, bottom right. As far as speakers/bedroom level, the Red Box still requires a load to function properly. You send the "Direct Out" from the Kemper into your amplifier input. Amplifier out gets plugged into Red Box "From Speaker Output". Red Box "To Speaker Cabinet" goes to your speaker cab input. Red Box "Balanced Out" goes back to Kemper "Return Input". From there you are ready to start profiling. :thumbup:

Every one of my profiles has been recorded using a Hughes and Kettner Red Box (with the exception of recent Fender-Vox batch). I run my main Kemper rig into a power amp/external cab using the KPA "Monitor Out" with internal cab off. The Red Box/no cab profiles are a non-issue when running with cab off. The main thing I check before hitting the go-button on profiling is the return db level (I usually set my level at 1.5 db). As long as you set the same level every time you should find consistent results. Let us know how they turn out. :thumbup:

Just added some profiles of a Fender Blues Jr and Vox AC15CC profiled at the same time. I used to run multi-amp rigs and wanted to experiment to that end with the Kemper. My method was a bit primitive and, while all of the results may not be stellar they are not as bad as I thought they would be. Here's how it went down: Both amps facing directly at one another with a single SM57 between them. KPA direct out > mixer, mixer main out 1> Fender, mixer main out 2> Vox, SM57 > Return Input. I threw a thick blanket over the entire setup to force the mic to take the signal with no bleed.

For my main rig I run "Monitor Out/Cab Off" into a power amp > Mesa boogie cabs. Not sure how these profiles sound with "Cab On" but through my current set up they are not bad (maybe a bit harsh to some ears). I plan on experimenting with more multi-amp profiles. I will use an additional mixer to separately mic and isolate both amps to get more refined results. I'll keep you posted. :thumbup:

Just received a Dunlop DVP3 Volume/Expression pedal and I am very happy with it. I wasn't all that concerned about an expression pedal until the Pitch Effects were released and I decided it was time to find something sturdy and reliable. Dunlop just released this pedal (I only found one retailer stocking the item). It has multiple uses. For my needs I will use the Expression jack to control the KPA parameters and route a signal to/through the volume jacks to a looper pedal and out to another amp. The pedal has solid weight without being like a dumbbell and the pedal action is very even and comfortable. Built like a tank and functions very well. If you are looking for a good expression pedal at a decent price check out the DVP3. :thumbup:

Doug Aldrich was (possibly still is) using a modified Standel. Here is a link with a lengthy description of Doug's gear, about halfway down is a pic of his amps with the Standel on top. Also a link to modern-day Standels that are currently available. Doug has a killer tone. While it's not all Standel I agree that some Standel profiles would be a great addition. :thumbup:

Aldrich Gear

Standel Amps